• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im_Special

Okay this is getting a bit ridiculous, help me trim something, I'm thinking to remove the Far Cry 1 & 2, what else?

QFtRV.jpg

TheExodu5

Banned
Anomaly
Bulletstorm
Sonic Generations

I own most of the other games today. So that's it for me.

Okay this is getting a bit ridiculous, help me trim something, I'm thinking to remove the Far Cry 1 & 2, what else?

QFtRV.jpg

That's an absurdedly easy call. Cut off Worms Reloaded all-together, or cut out its DLC.

Petrie

Banned
I was thinking of getting Beat Hazard Ultra, but no one I knows actually owns it. What good is Co-Op if no one I know own it? The DLC should of been free.
Ultra makes the entire game 10x better, and is worth every penny. The co-op isn't what you're paying for. You're missing out.

AEREC

Finally picked up Bastion on steam (already completed it on 360) and after playing it for 5 minutes I forgot how great it was, if there was no Skyrim...Bastion would be my GOTY.

Bulletstorm and Rock of Ages for me today.

Thinking about Beat Hazard for the holiday achievement but I'm not a huge fan of Audiosurf and it seems like a cross between that and Geometry Wars. Also, I watched a few gameplay videos and it made my eyes bleed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

QFtRV.jpg

I personally would drop the first Red Faction game.

I grabbed Rock of Ages, Anomaly: Warzone Earth, and X Super Box. Was going to just grab the 1 X3 game that has the Achivement, but then I had to get the first game in the series, and decided to fuck it and get the entire series. Likely will hate it.

Been wanting Rock of Ages for a while, and Anomaly just looks cool and is dirt cheap. That brings me to $25.07 for the sale.

Still holding out for a sale on the Gundemonium Collection to be 75% off, but I will buy it for sure this sale.

Stitch

Gold Member

yeah remove the far crys. far cry 1 is nice at first but turns to shit when the trigens show up. far cry 2 is shit right from the beginning.

1-D_FTW

Bulletstorm and Rock of Ages for me today.

Thinking about Beat Hazard for the holiday achievement but I'm not a huge fan of Audiosurf and it seems like a cross between that and Geometry Wars. Also, I watched a few gameplay videos and it made my eyes bleed.

It's really the only "music" game I've ever gotten into. But, yeah, if it makes your eyes bleed, forget it. I actually enjoy turning the effects up from their default.

Deciding on King's bounty, it looks like it would be a lot of fun. Opinions?

Yeah, its decent enough. Top down 'tactical' fantasy RPG. You explore a map, do quests and battle in a turn based environment. I've enjoyed it in batches of hours over the year I've had it.

---

All I've had is coal and vouchers, and when I craft coal I just get more vouchers:

Vouchers

-25% THQ
-33% Valve

-25% Serious Sam 3
-50% Alien Breed 2: Assault
-50% Arcania: Gothic 4
-50% Darwinia
-50% Hacker Evolution
-50% Hacker Evolution: Untold
-50% Shattered Horizons
-50% Zeno Clash
-75% Risen (Better discount than daily deal!)

Sorry, I tell a lie, I've had 1 game: Day of Defeat: S.

MNC

Can someone offer quick help for Alice: Madness Returns from the US? It's 7 dollar something. SteamID: MNC117. I can paypal. HELP HELP.

Deciding on King's bounty, it looks like it would be a lot of fun. Opinions?

utterly worth it, especially at that price...

i logged 120 hours into KB The Legend(the first one) alone, the game is FANTASTIC if you like Homm type games at ALL, love the look, the music is godly, the gameplay is fast, fun and strategic and i heard the Armored Princess campaign is BETTER than the Legend even, so yeah

i wholeheartedly recommend this overlooked gem!!!

Won DOTA 2, even though I was gifted it earlier.

Who wants to be my new best friend? I'll trade it for a game of equal value (or something on my wishlist).

Articalys

Can someone tell me how buying soundtracks works on Steam? Just bought Bastion for the 360 when it was on sale a week ago, and not crazy enough yet to double-dip just for the achievement, but the soundtrack on discount is very tempting.

T-Matt

utterly worth it, especially at that price...

i logged 120 hours into KB The Legend(the first one) alone, the game is FANTASTIC if you like Homm type games at ALL, love the look, the music is godly, the gameplay is fast, fun and strategic and i heard the Armored Princess campaign is BETTER than the Legend even, so yeah

i wholeheartedly recommend this overlooked gem!!!

Sounds good! Gonna pick it up.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Gifting is on hold for a bit because of the queue (if you haven't already messaged me).

Chozo

What are people doing with their coal now? Crafting or keeping? Constant vouchers are making me regretful.

A part of me wants to hold on to my 8 coals, since so far my non-coal stuff from achievements has been CS:Source (will never play), Shadowgrounds (uh) and 50% off Arcania: Gothic 4 (at least it's not less than the discount being offered on the game during the sale, so...uh, yay?) and I'm hoping to exploit the desires of people who want more coal for the last day even though I know I'll never be bothered to spend time trading.

Another part of me wants to do some science.

EDIT: Crafted, 50% off Nimbus. Ugh.

A part of me wants to hold on to my 8 coals, since so far my non-coal stuff from achievements has been CS:Source (will never play), Shadowgrounds (uh) and 50% off Arcania: Gothic 4 (at least it's not less than the discount being offered on the game during the sale, so...uh, yay?) and I'm hoping to exploit the desires of people who want more coal for the last day even though I know I'll never be bothered to spend time trading.

Another part of me wants to do some science.

EDIT: Crafted, 50% off Nimbus. Ugh.

Convinced me to horde my coal till the very end!

Tenck

Why are people still asking for Alice? You should have bought it the second it went on sale!!!!!!

I'm so nice that I will help the unfortunate people by giving away two copies :O

Going to ask that mod, the one who was hosting Bingo, to give them away on his thread though..

Whoa! I'll bite on Bulletstorm for that price, but I can't get it (not available in my region). Can anyone from the US help me please?

EDIT: Ok nevermind. friend request sent.

I'm still available for help with Bulletstorm gifting at US prices if you Paypal first. I know there's been a lot of people needing help already, so just wanted to post that here. Same for other games I suppose, but that's been the big one this morning.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xelios/

Edit: Also I'm getting temporary blocks on purchases from so many, so you will have to be patient for it to go away again. Sorry. (usually 10-20 minutes after a big batch of gifting)

friend request sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom