• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

Had ten coal, so crafted:

fxBjH.jpg

Not bad. I own most of it though.

I wonder, if you unpack that do you get giftable copies of everything you already own?

Chanser

I intend to do it on the last day of sales after i've purchased everything I want and gotten all the achievements I can get.

There's no way i'm going to win anything with people using multiple steam accounts, trading tf2 items etc for coal.

Good idea, I think I'll wait until the last day.

Just thought I'd pop in and say......

BUY SONIC GENERATIONS!!!

It really is fantastic on PC, heck, its the only way the game should be played. Even something like a 8800GT should be enough for 60fps at 720p.

I'll be expecting to see you all in the PC screenshot thread later in the week.

Eusis

Easily the second biggest day for myself, second only because Batman Arkham City alone was $25 whereas Sonic Generations/Bulletstorm/Rock of Ages were about $17 total. Still, this is probably the most purcahses in a day.

Edit: Oh, I've been getting a lot less than I thought. Before today it was just the aforementioned Batman: Arkham City, Dungeons of Dredmor expansion, and Hard Reset. I had gotten a decent amount of gifts though, which is probably why I felt it was bigger than it was.

Juice

Wait, so how do I win stuff? It doesn't make sense. Do I need to actually play games to earn achievementsm receive coal, "craft" the coal to turn that into coupons?

StuBurns

Banned
Wait, so how do I win stuff? It doesn't make sense. Do I need to actually play games to earn achievementsm receive coal, "craft" the coal to turn that into coupons?

Play games, win coal, vouchers or games.
If you have seven coals, you can turn them into a voucher or game.

Rufus

You can win games, coupons or coal by doing the achievements. You can also craft seven coal to win games or coupons (you're not going to get coal again when you craft). It's all explained on steam as well as in the OP.

Joe Molotov

Even achievement you get either gives you a random coupon or game, or 90% of the time a lump of coal. 7 Coals can then be crafted into a random coupon or game.

Onionkid

Woohoo, just won my first game - The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena! And just like that, I'm hooked to this achievement fetching!

vid

I just won Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold base + 2 DLC if anyone wants it or would like to trade. I know it’s a long shot, but has anyone gotten Sonic Generations and would like to trade?

Card Boy

Banned
Woohoo, just won my first game - The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena! And just like that, I'm hooked to this achievement fetching!

Excellent game(s) you actually won 2 games without even knowing it! It also includes a remastered version of Escape from Butcher Bay, which is my GOTG 2 gens in a row.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Just thought I'd pop in and say......

BUY SONIC GENERATIONS!!!

It really is fantastic on PC, heck, its the only way the game should be played. Even something like a 8800GT should be enough for 60fps at 720p.

I'll be expecting to see you all in the PC screenshot thread later in the week.

I'm waiting for $7.50 or less lol.

Speevy

Banned
I have a second-gen i3 running Intel HD graphics 3000.

It runs a lot of stuff, but I don't think it would run Sonic Generations.

Played the Beat Hazard Demo. Was not terribly impressed. Couldn't really tell how if at all the music was correlating to the gameplay. Gameplay itself was just kinda boring shmup fair TBH.

Liked Anomaly and Worms Reloaded though, bought both on top Rock of Ages. Bulletstorm was good but I can't run it well enough on my PC to justify the purchase, i'll pick it up on ps3 when it hits bargain bin price.

Gileadxv

Banned
I know some people cheat on their achievements, but where's the fun in that?

26 minutes of Christmas rock music. Whew.

hRSaJ.png

I love Beat Hazard (I had it on my 360 too), but I could not stand the Christmas music! I had to cheese my way though that one. Your survival time is awesome! I tried it legitimately the first time and only made 9 minutes through.

Psy-Phi

Whose idea was it to have downloads stop while you are playing a game?

That is something that should have had a switch long ago, but still hasn't been put into steam.

I understand it while playing online games, but even so, I should be able to hit a toggle in the Steam options to download while playing games.

As it is, at least you can alt-tab out and and resume the downloads while playing.

I love Beat Hazard (I had it on my 360 too), but I could not stand the Christmas music! I had to cheese my way though that one. Your survival time is awesome! I tried it legitimately the first time and only made 9 minutes through.
The rock station is amusing though, near the end of my game Christmas with the Devil and Christmas at K-Mart played, completely worth it to not only do it legit, but to go for the extra ten minutes (seeing as you only need the Survive Christmas 10 mint for the Gift Pile).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom