• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
FINNALY managed to get a download started for Rock of Ages. Ukraine servers, they are the light.

I bought Modern Warfare 3 at about 3PM yesterday, the download didn't finish until around 10PM. Even on the Ukraine server I was getting lousy speeds. Typically a download of that size would take about 2 hours but Valve's servers are getting fucked in the butt right now.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Wasn't too long ago where you could easily fetch skyrim or something for it.
Kind of how supply and demand work. I'd probably ask for something small in return for it if I was trying to trade it away. Like Bulletstorm for example. I'd even accept something like Rock of Ages. Its value is decaying pretty rapidly and its gonna be free to play in a month or two.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So what's up with Alice? Valve have no CD keys or the register thing is offline?

I bought it from Amazon, and they gave me a CD-key. It seems like you should get one, most EA games from the past couple years give you a cd-key that can be redeemed on Origin. Maybe the Steam version is different, though.

*ot* haven't seen that avatar in awhile

Turfster

I bought it from Amazon, and they gave me a CD-key. It seems like you should get one, most EA games from the past couple years give you a cd-key that can be redeemed on Origin. Maybe the Steam version is different, though.

The steam version makes you register with a kind of cut-down Origin on first run.

StuBurns

Banned

I can't even play it on Steam though right now.

EDIT: I have to run Origin while I play it? Shouldn't have bought this.

Big Chungus

Weird...yesterday I boughtt he Renegade Ops 4 pack, got 3 additonal copies with DLC to give to friends.

Then this morning I got another 3 copies of Renegade Ops, no DLC attached.

wtf?

atomsk

Party Pooper
I swear the longer I play these F2P objective games, the more likely it's going to be coal.

Another 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back with Rusty Hearts

Really gotta wonder what kind of retention they're anticipating with these games (and of the users they retain, how many actually end up spending money)

So for people who own Shattered Horizon: does the gameplay and bot support make up for the dying online community? Just got it from an achievement, though after viewing the server statistics I'm debating if its worth unpacking or not.

The bots are competent. I don't know how challenging they can be, because when I play I just want to float through space and walk around on asteroids. For free I'd say keep it.

Turfster

So I need to install that to play it or should it do it automatically?

It does it automatically. First time you run it, you also need to activate the cd key on an EADM/Origin account iirc (it's been a while).

From the store page:
EA ACCOUNT, REGISTRATION WITH ENCLOSED SINGLE-USE SERIAL CODE, INTERNET CONNECTION AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY AND ACCESS BONUS CONTENT (IF ANY). SERIAL CODE IS NON-TRANSFERABLE ONCE USE

Card Boy

Banned
I swear the longer I play these F2P objective games, the more likely it's going to be coal.

I don't bother with any achievements that forces me to install a game. I have only gotten 3 crappy coupons and 16 coal so far. No games.

I have probaly missed out on 7 achievements, but i can't be bothered to be honest wasting all the bandwitdth and time just for coal. This is why i thought the summer sale was better because you got guaranteed DLC for your games at 3 tickets each.

milesdm

I'll be another UK guy wanting to get Bulletstorm for the US $4.99 price. If you're one of the guys listed in the at the front of the thread, please add me here or username mannenyuki!

Willing to send PayPal funds first, of course.

deleted

Weird...yesterday I boughtt he Renegade Ops 4 pack, got 3 additonal copies with DLC to give to friends.

Then this morning I got another 3 copies of Renegade Ops, no DLC attached.

wtf?

Happened to me too. So I guess its confirmed, that the extra copies with DLC were the error and not the one without it.

Gotta admit, the Witcher 1 sucked pretty bad. Boring combat and characters, and it just didn't intrigue me all. Why did I bother? Is the second one any better?

Ok guys, here's what I have in my cart:

Rock of Ages
Anomaly
Sonic Generations

Should I just take Sonic out? I am thinking the game is going to keep dropping like a rock and will be $5 on Amazon soon.

Also, is Beat Hazard any good?

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Bulletstorm is finally mine muahahaha.

Only two games bought in this sale for a grand total of $7.50. I am kind of proud...

MNC

Can someone from the US gift me Alice and Bulletstorm, it should be 12 something dollars.
Urgent, Alice is almost up! SteamID: MNC117! Help me please :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom