• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Why didn't I just pirate Bulletstorm... If i had known this game runs through Games for Windows Live, the biggest piece of shit console software, I probably would have. I've been trying to play this game for the last hour or so but it won't fucking login through game for windows. FUCK

1yFMJ.gif

Although Bulletstorm in my book is "ok" it's nothing special

I hope that's not bannable. Just sounds frustrated about purchasing a game and not being able to play it.

eh, there's a line between just being frustrated and saying he would have "probably" pirated the game if he had known about GFWL.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but you might want to reign that in a bit nilbog, maybe clarify that you were exaggerating.

eneko

How is Rock of Ages? I bought Bastion and Bulletstorm today and now I'm looking at Rock of Ages. The IGN review mentioned the following:

"Despite the sluggish defense building with a controller and less-than-ideal rock controls with a mouse, Rock of Ages is fun, unique and a worthy experience – especially with some friends."

My question is, if I have a controller plugged in, can I use the controller for the rock-rolling parts and then the mouse for the tower defense bits? Are both control methods active at the same time?

So I just tried using a 360 controller and a KB/M and it doesn't look like you can use them simultaneously. Too be honest, using WASD to control your rock really isn't so bad. Building with a controller is pretty awful though.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
My god, Jamestown. It's amazing.

Yeah, it's great but it slows to a crawl every 10 seconds for me for some unknown reason, makes it really hard to play.

And could anyone tell me if Street Fighter IV is a great buy at $5? Is the super edition just some addons and characters?

Soi-Fong

Hey guys, I just bought Civ V GOTY from Amazon, but when I activated the code given on Steam, it only says Civ V downloading and not Civ V GOTY.. WTF?

Yeah, it's great but it slows to a crawl every 10 seconds for me for some unknown reason, makes it really hard to play.

And could anyone tell me if Street Fighter IV is a great buy at $5? Is the super edition just some addons and characters?

Balance changes, more characters.

Don't get Vanilla SF4 unless you really don't care. D:

On Bastion, I fell off at the end and didn't get the achievement. Do I need to start a new game? I can't travel back to the area needed for the achievement.

legacyzero

Banned
I wanna get rid of my inventory.

I have:
-4 coal
-50% off San Andreas
-10% off Valve

can somebody trade me something? I saw that somebody had Silent Hill Homecoming for trade earlier. Otherwise, I dunno.

Shaneus

I've shot Xeno a PM but if anyone else is able to gift across the pond a copy of Bulletstorm, that would be tres awesome. Paypal, etc :)

DJMicLuv

Only Bastion today. I've been waiting for a daily deal on this title as I enjoyed the demo a lot.

Just been playing Max Payne 2 from the other day's deals and my god it's a fantastic shooter.

Really enjoyed revisiting the first game in the last few days but I'd completely forgotten how utterly brilliant the gunplay in the second game is. I'm really thinking it's the most satisfying gunpay in any game since, I REALLY hope they don't fuck up Payne 3.

If MP2 turns up again at the end of the sale I'd definitely recommend anyone who likes a decent third-person shooter who hasn't played it before (and even if you did) buy it, it's a corker!

Saige

I must do better.
Managed to finally get a game from an achievement and it's Alien Breed: Impact. Hopefully I can trade it for something.

Finally got around to completing that easy Frozen Synapse achievement and lo and behold...

IKmfD.png

Best drop yet.

EDIT: apparently this may not have been related to the achievement? How else did I earn it?

ElRenoRaven

So I have to say. Despite my extreme hatred of EA I actually bit on Bulletstorm just because I do like Epic. It helps that EA just published it and really had no input into it.

I have to say Damn well worth the 5 bucks spent.

Dambrosi

Banned
So I have to say. Despite my extreme hatred of EA I actually bit on Bulletstorm just because I do like Epic. It helps that EA just published it and really had no input into it.

I have to say Damn well worth the 5 bucks spent.

I knew there was a reason I wanted this game. Thanks for reminding me, PsychoRaven.

I've had a good trading day today. Bought Bulletstorm and Rock Of Ages, traded 8 coals for Anomaly: Warzone Earth, got six coupons for free. Actually, the Xmas weekend was good all round, with Alice, Hard Reset and Nation Red added to my backlog as well. Now all I need is for a certain GAFfer to get in touch, and my weekend will be complete :p

So this doesn't really have anything to do with a Daily Deal (though I will wait to see if it gets one) - but what's the GAF consensus on the newest Disciples III game? Visually it looks pretty interesting.

I really wish I was keeping up with inventory stuff :(

So this doesn't really have anything to do with a Daily Deal (though I will wait to see if it gets one) - but what's the GAF consensus on the newest Disciples III game? Visually it looks pretty interesting.

I have not played it myself but I have heard some pretty terrible things about it. Have you played all the Disciples II campaigns? That game is fantastic and there's a ton of content available for it.

I haven't played that one at all. Sounds like I should check that game out instead?

Definitely! Disciples II Gold is on sale for $2.50 and comes with almost everything. I highly recommend it. In fact I might re-buy it myself right now so I have it in my Steam library. :)

edit: bought, couldn't resist

Rezbit

AusGaffer here interested in US Bulletstorm. Trouble is I don't have a Paypal. So um, what's an option to get it (aside from probably creating a paypal account!)?

Wortany

Bastion is amazing. For any Gaffers still on the fence, just go click the 'add to cart' button.
You just get sucked in right from the start by the game. Everything is so coherent, there's no hitch that breaks the spell and combat does get more varied further down the game.

And that voice acting it just pulls me forward.
Started playing two hours ago, and now I notice it's already 2AM. Not tired though :p

Haha you guys are awesome. It seems like I have been helping AusGAF get bulletstorm all day long. I haven't had a chance to check the thread in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom