• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giran

So this doesn't really have anything to do with a Daily Deal (though I will wait to see if it gets one) - but what's the GAF consensus on the newest Disciples III game? Visually it looks pretty interesting.

I really wish I was keeping up with inventory stuff :(

I'm a huge fan of Disciples II but the third one is really bad. Don't recommend it at all. Just a poor Heroes copycat with awful level design and strategic options. And each race has a total of about 3 music tracks that don't last longer than 2 minutes meaning the constant looping and monotonity will drive you crazy, as if the gameplay itself wasn't bad enough...

I found Bastion kind of dull. I was enthralled by the demo but when I actually got dug into it I had had my fill by the 2 hour mark

Also, the soundtrack is overrated.

ElRenoRaven

AusGaffer here interested in US Bulletstorm. Trouble is I don't have a Paypal. So um, what's an option to get it (aside from probably creating a paypal account!)?

Well you could probably find someone who would trade you it for maybe a game they want that's of similar price.

Volcynika

I found Bastion kind of dull. I was enthralled by the demo but when I actually got dug into it I had had my fill by the 2 hour mark

I liked the soundtrack and the narration was amusing. The gameplay is just boring after a while, didn't finish it.

sheeet, promised myself I'd get only two games......Deus EX HR and Portal 2. But that Sonic Generations is mighty tempting....I keep open up steam, lookin at hit, then remembering the vow I made with the steam sales this year.

MRORANGE

wow... Sonic Generations is actually good :eek:

you really do need a dpad for the 2d sonic levels, something feels wrong with the analogue sticks as 1st generation sonic feels way to loose.

TpjcN.jpg
i5Lww.jpg

ecvPI.jpg
SjTMd.jpg

rFu0Q.jpg
xEXZL.jpg

Dwayne

And I was doing so well! No purchases all sale, and then today I broke down - Sonic, Worms Golf, Bastion and Rock of Ages :palm:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I was just having a chat with a fellow gaffer. I told him Steam is a lot like Pokemon in that you sometimes buy to collect the games. So I was thinking what if we called it

SteamKEMAN?!?!?!!?!? Anyone!!?!?!? /crickets

MRORANGE

I was just having a chat with a fellow gaffer. I told him Steam is a lot like Pokemon in that you sometimes buy to collect the games. So I was thinking what if we called it

SteamKEMAN?!?!?!!?!? Anyone!!?!?!? /crickets

gotta buy them all!

[im]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/649874715430426181/886644E7BADFF6C1415193F18C149BB0CFFBB69D/[/img]
[im]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/649874715430433129/FABA086AE422FDF5EA06C66C892301A945C9D594/[/img]
Wha... what the hell??

update drivers? verify game integrity as well.

frogg609

I'm considering getting Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Complete Pack for 29.99. Each game is 50% off, and I'm not sure if it will get any lower. What does the collective think? I missed out on Space Marine, and am hoping Steam will drop it to dirt cheap again before this is all over.

Thanks!

epmode

I was also having weird texture issues in Sonic. I verified files and Steam has been redownloading stuff for the last hour.

Man. I've been working on the gift achievements and so far all I've gotten is coal and a 50% off Farming Simulator 2011 coupon. I'm not sure it's worth it anymore, especially since I don't have a majority of the games.

Reikon

I got bored of it in less than 30 minutes. I also thought the narration was way overhyped.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Is it bad that I'm thinking about getting that Farming Simulator? I mean, the WTFness of it alone has to worth a few bucks.

On another note, I'm stoked that Hard Reset went on sale. Great little FPS.

I think they just patched the holiday achievement into Costume Quest. Though it hasn't been a daily achievement yet, has it?

EDIT: Never mind, I see it mentioned a few pages back.

I had to set my computer clock to 25th to activate the achievement.

It has not been a daily achievement.
Yeah, same here.

StAidan

Bastion was it for me today, and with that I think I'm probably done with the Steam sale (for games that I know of). I'm interested in NFS: Hot Pursuit, but it hasn't hit that magical $5 mark, so not sure I'll end up going for it.

Is it bad that I'm thinking about getting that Farming Simulator? I mean, the WTFness of it alone has to worth a few bucks.

On another note, I'm stoked that Hard Reset went on sale. Great little FPS.
I saw that popped up, and I was like, eh, hey, maybe I will give this a go. I mean I like Sim City, Microsoft Train Simulator, Microsoft Flight Sim (haven't played since like the 2004 version or something), IL-2 Sturmovik, Tropico, Call to Power...ect...

I just can't spend the money on that. So other than buying Stalker, today I bought X: Superbox with basically X: Beyond the Frontier, X2: The Threat, X3: Reunion. And god help me, I am playing them in order, lol. Man, I love old-ass pc-ass games. That and Overlord and Overloard II.

I think I have spent around 20 bucks, and I am willing to shell out another 5 on games I feel like during the remaining days unless something unbelievable comes up, but I think for now, I am pretty set with PC games!

Still hate the idea of Digitally Distributed content, but I have a little faith in companies like Valve... hopefully. Plus, hey, even if I only play through maybe the first overlord and maybe only X and X2, that is still worth the 20 I have spent here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom