• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!

Does the Warner Bros. Complete Pack worth the price? $74.99 USD

I just want it for Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City (DLC too), Lego Batman, and Lord of the Rings: War in the North, or I just need to wait? I think that Batman:AC isn't going lower than $49.99, so what it's your advice?

Thank you!

I bet Arkham city will be a daily, it was on sale at launch lol

Also, for the ISAAC achievement, do i just keep playing until I see a "santa guy" in one of the rooms that opens after you kill a boss?

Euphor!a

Banned
33 percent off a Valve title. So, yeah, unless HL 3 launches before March 1st, so much for that.

Unless Counter-Strike GO is an actual pay product and not some F2P. But come, let's be honest here, March 1st? Ha-ha-HA-HA-HA. Who's kidding who? March 1st? Right.

Sorry to bum you out even further, but the game has to have been released before Jan 2nd.

I get that, but some people here are acting like they're entitled to Steam sales. You're not entitled to anything, so just relax and wait. Most of the complainers probably had no clue when the holiday sales were even starting before today.

It's not entitlement. It's just annoyance that a company like Valve, swimming in money and in server know-how did not anticipate millions of users rushing to its frontpage when Xmas sale starts.

They had the same problem for 4 last years. And they could not anticiapte it and upgrade backbone?

Really?

Valve wants to be the Apple of PC world. Sometimes it is, sometimes it acts like Apple for the poors.

Dead Rising 2 is 15 bucks, Dead Rising 2 Off the Record is 19,90

Oh Capcom. I know I shouldn't expect a massive discount, but I was gonna buy Dead Rising 2 if (when) it hits 10 bucks again.

I hope it's a daily deal. I'm not buying gifts for me this year, so it's all going into Steam sales.

im hoping as well

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Oh great. Finally got to see my free gift and it's a 50% off any Valve game but starts 2nd Jan. Thanks a bunch :(

33 percent off a Valve title. So, yeah, unless HL 3 launches before March 1st, so much for that.

Unless Counter-Strike GO is an actual pay product and not some F2P. But come, let's be honest here, March 1st? Ha-ha-HA-HA-HA. Who's kidding who? March 1st? Right.

:lol Didn't realize that. Yeah. I'd like to return my gift, Alex, for a lump of coal. Thank you.

you cant even use the coupons in the game released after 2nd jan.

Turfster

Whew, finally got the dino d-day one. Had to find an empty server with one of the snow maps and just run up to a friend and let him shoot me (and vice versa) for 15 minutes. Now I can uninstall it and never play it again.

mrgone

Yeah I completed both Christmas maps. Still nothing

Odd :( Maybe try them again a little later. I just tried to get to the achievements page to check the requirements and nothing would load, so it might be issues with that part of the site

jgminto

Bought the Max Payne pack and Amnesia. Now I just need the GTAs, Atom Zombie Smasher and the Hitman collection and I'm pretty much set.

Card Boy

Banned
I'm surprised Demigod is getting more and more people playing it each day according to the Steam stats.

Little steps, but its increasing daily.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Oh for crying out loud, am I the only one who gets "ops sorry" when trying to access the gift pile ? I just want to know what I got gaaaaah.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
this is why couples need personal accounts in addition to their joint accounts. Get your paycheck deposited into your joint, and have a mutually agreed upon percent or dollar amount that you are allowed to move over into your personal account for your own use. When times are good, this could be upwards of 15-20% of your net. When times are tough, you could drop it to 5%, or even have a set dollar amount ($10/20/etc) per week. That way you can choose to spend your money how you like without putting your joint finances at risk.

Me and my wife have a joint account, personal accounts, and a few savings accounts, with money being distributed into each according to our current life situation.

We do the opposite of what you suggested; we have a joint account, we put in enough to cover expenses but no more, and anything else we make is our own business (reasonably). My salary is higher than hers, but she works in a commission based job so she can more easily boost her earnings than I can. I never get griefed about my gaming stuff, she never gets briefed about... I don't know, expensive-ass boots or whatever it is she buys.

Now, it helps that neither of us had any debt to speak of when we combined our finances, so there was never a need of one person to "support" the other. We also don't have any kids, and besides hobbies there's no extravagant household spending (cheap car with no payments, cheap insurance, no landline, separate cell phones, cheap internet, no cable, neither of us smoke, I'm a rare drinker while she's an average drinker, etc)

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'm surprised Demigod is getting more and more people playing it each day according to the Steam stats.

Little steps, but its increasing daily.

It'd be a Christmas miracle if Steam revives the Demigod community and shit I'd probably rebuy it in a 4 pack if it hits 75% off.

mrgone

I finally killed mom in Binding of Isaac.

No Christmas achievement yet....gonna work on it.

I'm not even sure if it's available yet. I found Satan's room last night, no Krampus in there. Might be a christmas day thing. Still listed as unavailable on the wiki, too

Oh for crying out loud, am I the only one who gets "ops sorry" when trying to access the gift pile ? I just want to know what I got gaaaaah.
Solidarity, brother, for we are all children of Oops

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Click on the little envelope by your account name on the top right. It'll say you have 0 gifts, but click "my gifts" anyway. They'll show up there.

Kifimbo

Me. But use the Community tab to view your Inventory.

I got 50% off Hoard. Already have the game...

itschris

So far I got:

VVVVVV - $1.24
Fable: The Lost Chapters: $2.49
Amnesia: The Dark Descent: $4.99

I'm interested in getting a lot of other games too, like Terraria, The Binding of Isaac, Dungeons of Dredmor, Gemini Rue, Recettear, and Nimbus, but I'll hold out and see if any of them become a daily deal.

TGMIII

Just got to wave 22 on bunch of heroes to not have the achievement pop and I still can't gift out the 4-pack I bought of it.

I did a search through ten or so pages for "Awesome Indie", I apologise if this is an asinine question or one that's been asked ad nauseum elsewhere but...

If I own any of the Indie games in the Awesome Indie Bundle will I get an extra copy to gift? I own a number of the games in the current bundle but there are enough titles still included that I wouldn't mind buying the bundle, provided I could gift extra copies of games like Jamestown or The Binding of Isaac to friends.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
All you people asking for coal instead of coupons know that if you crafted that coal... You'd get more coupons.
But the hope would be there of getting an actual game or winning the whole shebang. As it is, the coupons are completely worthless since we'll be able to get better deals during the sale and it doesn't apply on future releases.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Me. But use the Community tab to view your Inventory.

I got 50% off Hoard. Already have the game...

Can't view my gift in the "steam" tab in the "inventory" menu.

edit : nvm, worked :), 25% off of valve titles tho.

Nabs

I'm going to just assume I won coal this time.

Iron Grip just updated. I'm guessing with some new cheese :) :) (achievement page wont load for me)

Derrick01

Banned
So are these challenges going to be available to finish for the whole sale? I'm going to miss like 3 days of the challenges since I'll be away for christmas. I know there's games like costume quest that have christmas day achievements but I'm assuming a clock change can get around that.

Turfster

I did a search through ten or so pages for "Awesome Indie", I apologise if this is an asinine question or one that's been asked ad nauseum elsewhere but...

If I own any of the Indie games in the Awesome Indie Bundle will I get an extra copy to gift?
Answer: Probably almost definitely not.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What, people are actually able to see their inventories? Mine is still completely broken. No gifts, no tabs, no nothing. Just this:

j22LJ.png

Doesn't matter if I view it through Steam or a web browser, it's the same either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom