• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
first year living with the PC master race, so I jumped on Metro 2033 for $5.

wtf, seriously $5. Fuck console gaming forever.

skyrim will probably be the only game I'll have to pay full price on for a long time.

Vamphuntr

:(

I got 33% off Valve titles and 25% off Activision titles. That coupon thing is disappointing as the games are actually cheaper during the holiday sales and you need to be on steam during the holidays to get them.

skyrim will probably be the only game I'll have to pay full price on for a long time.
You got robbed, it's 2,50 euros in here :p

Thinking about getting Singularity, Portal Pack and Orcs Must Die. But I know I won't be playing them anytime soon...

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination

Why?

I can't believe some people honestly think Skyrim won't go on sale. Come on, GAF, step your game up.

My inventory shows up. Looks like I got Napoleon Total War Imperial Edition and -25% coupon on Valve games. Wonder if games you get gifted are picked from your wishlist, Napoleon was on mine.

Much like the first snow of winter catches everyone off guard the first day of steam sale does to valve...except they control the weather.

Portal 2 I'll get you eventually. But will I ever play you? *dated portal 1 joke meme goes here*

What's the first rule of the sale?

I'll give you that, being at 75% already, I doubt it's getting cheaper at a daily deal... but you never know...
Well given the price it is already,say it goes down to 90% off thats not much extra to have it 1-13 days early.

Oh for crying out loud, am I the only one who gets "ops sorry" when trying to access the gift pile ? I just want to know what I got gaaaaah.
Go via community and view inventory.

If I own any of the Indie games in the Awesome Indie Bundle will I get an extra copy to gift?
In the past the answer has been no.
I really don't like the way the bundles are done this time; too many games, too much overlap. I liked last years 4 game bundles plus the daily Indie game was neat.

TGMIII

My inventory shows up. Looks like I got Napoleon Total War Imperial Edition and -25% coupon on Valve games. Wonder if games you get gifted are picked from your wishlist, Napoleon was on mine.

I got 75% off napoleon and 50% off a valve game, both shit I don't want. Napoleon wasn't on my wishlist.

oneils

Anyone know if Valve ever plans to make it easier to purchase items from your wishlist? It would be great if it were similar to amazon. Check off a bunch of items from the list and then click "add to cart."

I'm surprised this is not in place. Right now it seems like you have to visit the store page of each game individually and then add them individually to your cart. Am I missing something. I know, sure, it is easy enough, but I would think even the tiniest barrier to purchasing something would be done away with.

Anyway, I'm stoked! I have about 20 games on my wishlist. I hope to see some crazy deals! Specifically - Civilization V - GOTY.

Got 50% off Solar 2 and 25% of any Valve game. Never heard of Solar 2, but it's half price at the moment anyway so it's kind of a non-deal.

Wolfie5

Purchased Metro for 2,50€ and Steam worked just fine on that part.

The gift thing however, I just get
"Home > Ooops
Ooops, sorry!"

Talyn

I got 75% off napoleon and 50% off a valve game, both shit I don't want. Napoleon wasn't on my wishlist.
I got 25% off a Valve game and 50% off Shadowgrounds: Survivor... which I already own.
Somehow it's oddly fitting that lumps of coal are in vogue this year.

Whew, finally got the dino d-day one. Had to find an empty server with one of the snow maps and just run up to a friend and let him shoot me (and vice versa) for 15 minutes. Now I can uninstall it and never play it again.

It's a great game. Why do you hate nice things?

zychi

Banned
It's Steamworks, so just keep your eyes open for a great deal. It'll happen.

I paid $50 for it about 2 weeks ago on amazon. It was on sale for a whole 15 minutes.

e: bulletstorm is 9.99 right now, but its not on the front page, how can i tell if its a daily deal? i should wait right?

what about binding of isaac and poker night for 2.49 and 3.34 respectively? any chance they go any lower?

Pirabear

Banned
A bit confused.

Got the confirmation earlier that I indeed sent my two gifts/messages on Steam, but when I click on the "manage gifts and guess passes" button, it still gives me the "send gift" button option. Are you able to send more than one gift through a single purchase, or did Steam just screw up?

inky

There should be a way to grind useless coupons into lumps of coal, it seems more valuable than any discount they can come up with (especially when it doesn't stack with the sale and everything is already discounted). The possibility of a free game seems nice tho, even if you already own it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Two things.

Seems like I only got one thing, though I have two awards completed. Just a 33% coupon.

Second, anytime I go to buy Portal 2. It kicks me back to the Home page.

Dambrosi

Banned
I got 50% off valve and 25% off City Interactive coupons. Ewwww @ CI, but thanks anyway.

Anyone want to give impressions on Bunch Of Heroes? Actually, anyone doing a four-pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom