• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCfiner

My order went through.

I got the Pendulo adventure catalog, Fable 3 (I figure I won’t play long enough to even get to the end part that everyone hates) and Singularity.

there’s some good indie deals out there, too but I think I’ll wait till the end of the sale before getting any packs.

mrgone

Gather achievements for coal...

Keep coal?

Trade in coal?

CHOICES. What is everyone else doing?

It's tricky, nothing's really worth much this year. It's exceedingly unlikely to with one of the coal prizes at the end of the sale. The coupons from gifts are the worst part of the sale, but there's a much better chance of getting something from a gift than from the draw, so they might be the best choice. I dunno.

They want you to win it.

I would have rather won it than DOTA2.
DOTA 2'll work as trade fodder, though!

Deadstar

I'm surprised Demigod is getting more and more people playing it each day according to the Steam stats.

Little steps, but its increasing daily.

Demigod is a FANTASTIC game. I never understood why it wasn't popular. It seems to me that the only reason it wasn't popular is that it wasn't on Steam. No one knew what it was or cared. It had it's bugs yeah, but it's too much fun. :( I guess everyone hates fun.

Turfster

It's a great game. Why do you hate nice things?

Because I'm a grinch! And maybe because the one populated server I found was full of people just running around doing whatever.

Anyway, for the renegade ops achievement. The achievement lists all say it's "achievable", but does anyone know <i>how</i> exactly?

jgminto

Is Fable The Lost Chapters worth it? I vaguely remember playing it but does it hold up? Also Sam & Max collection for $12.50?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So are these challenges going to be available to finish for the whole sale? I'm going to miss like 3 days of the challenges since I'll be away for christmas. I know there's games like costume quest that have christmas day achievements but I'm assuming a clock change can get around that.

Every prior time, yes.

Prophane33

Looks like everything is working again, except my 2nd gift won't show up!! (The one from the check your inventory achievement.) Guess there are still some hang ups.

Talyn

Alright maybe I'm slow but I'm confused now. I thought you got a reward for each objective completed? I had already earned the ones for OMD and Anomaly: Warzone so shouldn't I have more than 2 items in my Steam inventory? The page shows 3 objectives complete but I only have the 2 coupons listed. What am I missing here?

I have not played that much of Psychonauts, and have discussed my earlier problems with Winter Acheev #1.

Has anyone obtained Holiday Meal, Psychonauts' second Winter Acheev?

Card Boy

Banned
I got

33% of Valve games
50% off Alwar: Fleet Command
33% Deepsilver

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Mihos

Gold Member
A lot of people's pick for indie game of the year.

Never could get myself to play the demo, but you could do worse.

Damnit.... now I just know I am going to end up loving it and have to live an internet lie for talking crap about it.

spk

I got

33% of Valve games
50% off Alwar: Fleet Command
33% Deepsilver

Do you want that Deepsilver coupon? I've been waiting for Sacred 2 to drop..

Vamphuntr

If GAF wants to farm the Dino D-Day one I can help as I already got it. You need to pick up 15 presents dropped when you kill players on the Snowy Park map in a single game. Someone should create a private game for it so random people don't start trying to play for real.

masterkajo

50% off a valve game and a copy of .....

WTF is a SpaceChem?

SpaceChem is one heck of a good indie game. It is really awesome. You have to create some molecules using some kind of puzzle minigame. Toma, will surely convice you to play it. He did it for me back in the summer sale and I don't regret a thing when I paid 5.-
The later ones get really really hard, but you feel such a great joy when finally solving them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom