• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Asked this a bit ago, but still wondering: how do soundtracks from Steam work if I wanted to buy one standalone? I already own Bastion for the 360 and really want the soundtrack for $3.40, but the store page for it says "requires the base game Bastion on Steam in order to play."

Lulubop

dITX4.png

Sad times.

oipic

The last 24-48 hours have really made me wonder how I wasn't already familiar with The Ship. It's everywhere today...

So, is it any good, folks?

Anybody want a Humble Bundle #3 steam key? It has Crayon Physics, Cogs, VVVVVVV, Hammerfight, and And Yet it Moves. I got it free with my #4 bundle but already have it from last sale.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry if it's been answered a million times already, will they have a 'best of' the last day like the summer sale? There were a couple games i should have picked up but didn't and am hoping they'll be put up again later on.

Danj

Sorry if it's been answered a million times already, will they have a 'best of' the last day like the summer sale? There were a couple games i should have picked up but didn't and am hoping they'll be put up again later on.

They usually do that on the last day of the sale. Still a while to go yet though.

jgminto

So how does The Ship promotion work. If you buy or have bought a copy of The Ship before the end of the sale you get 2 copies to gift? And if those 2 people redeem their copy they get a copy to gift? Does it just stop there or does it just continue until the sale ends?

Danj

So how does The Ship promotion work. If you buy or have bought a copy of The Ship before the end of the sale you get 2 copies to gift? And if those 2 people redeem their copy they get a copy to gift? Does it just stop there or does it just continue until the sale ends?

It almost sounds like a virus, spreading through people's inventories.

Petrie

Banned
Is anyone around who can send me a copy? Will definitely pay it forward on GAF. I can haz Ship please?

Does any gaffer want a 50% off Valve games golden ticket? I already own all of their games. With the coupon, you can get Portal 2 for $7.50 since it stacks on top of the sale price.

If anyone is interested, PM me your offers! I don't want the coupon to get wasted. :)

1-D_FTW

Agreed. I don't like cats and even I found the trailer offensive.

I'll admit Explodemon wasn't anywhere near as good as I thought it was going to be, but how does that get denied while Rats gets the go head? That game is astoundingly off-putting.

Sale has cost me a pretty penny so far, but I feel I've gotten my money's worth. Still waiting for daily's on:

Assassins Creed Brotherhood
LA Noire
NBA 2K12 (hoping they match Amazon's $10 deal)
Earth Defense Force
Trine 2
Wolfenstein
Sonic and SEGA All star Racing
Driver San Fran
Lego Star Wars/Indiana Jones/Potter
Morrowind GOTY
a cheaper Unreal Deal Pack would be awesome as well

and a bunch of Capcom stuff (I know, I know..)
SSF4:AE
Lost Planet Colonies
LP2
RE5
DMC3/4
Onimusha

...maybe I should just be happy that capcom doesn't know what its missing with the good deals.

Doubt it'll be a DD. I've got this on my list too. Was hoping Sonic Generations would have been a franchise sale and included it, but no go on that. I almost remember it being on sale for 5 dollars a long time ago, but for some reason had zero interest in it then. Will probably pick up on the 2nd. It's too old at this point. Unless it gets some random Daily sale, it needs to have a Sonic franchise sale during the big sales.

Crafted my first set of coal and got a free copy of Orcs Must Die. Not bad, will probably trade it or gift it to a friend.

EDIT:

Is Test Drive Unlimited 2 that bad? I liked the first one

iNvid02

anyone wanna trade left 4 dead 2 for something

i gave away my 2 copies of dota 2 to gaf a while ago, could have gotten trine 2, damnut

1-D_FTW

ibrUyfaclprduM.PNG

Finally got a game. Trine 2. I would trade every coupon, coal and Trine 2 for DOTA 2 =S

Damn. I would make that trade in a heart beat if I got DOTA 2.

I didn't even fill out the survey invite once I realized it was detailed and accepted I'd probably never play the game. Maybe I should put it back on my wishlist if these are the types of games people are trading for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom