• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
What's the buzz about the game of thrones game on daily deal today? I love the universe but I don't know anything about the game or how well it's been received.

tm24

Did the bastion achievement. My reward:

dAVpH.jpg

Should be fun trying out DOTA for the first time. I probably could of traded it to the diehards who werent in, but i wanna try this thing out

Graben

Neo Member
I have Shadowgrounds Survivor + Shawdowgrounds, also a copy of Half Life 2. Anyone want to trade something for them?
I am looking for Crysis.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Is it just me or has the market for coal totally bottomed out? I guess all the shit coupons earned from 7 coals have devalued them. Too bad.

BY2K

Membero Americo
God damn you, Valve.

You made me install Rusty Heart just to get that achievement. Now I can't stop playing.

Me. Someone that normally can't stand MMORPGs... actually getting addicted to one.

Fuck.

mannerbot

I have TwoWorlds 2 to trade for 10 coals. And yep, I may have a gambling problem.

Crafted the game after I crafted the coupon. Oh dear god.

I will take you up on this if it's still available (though it looks like Xclash has probably claimed it). Please PM me if it is, I have exactly 10 coal!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
God damn you, Valve.

You made me install Rusty Heart just to get that achievement. Now I can't stop playing.

Me. Someone that normally can't stand MMORPGs... actually getting addicted to one.

Fuck.

Rusty Hearts is a chill game. Solid combat system, nice art design, doesn't beat you over the head about buying ugly clothes or weapons.

Shaneus

for the people who bought Earth Defence Force: Insect Armageddon, there is a 60fps fix which removes the 30fps cap.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2331205

i tried it out and its ...soooo good. game is 100% better now.
I've heard reasonable things about the console EDF... flawed gem, etc. Is this a port or a sequel and is it anything like the 360 one?

(anyone can chime in here... I'll look it up as well, but I prefer gamer's opinions, not reviews)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
God damn you, Valve.

Fuck.

It seems like a well made game but I found it to be a little too grindy. I found myself constantly mashing the X button and occasional backrolling when I needed to, not very fun imo.

Is it just me or has the market for coal totally bottomed out? I guess all the shit coupons earned from 7 coals have devalued them. Too bad.

Think of it this way; At the beginning of the sale there were fewer achievements and more allure in having the chance to craft a valuable game. This made coal a pretty reasonable currency. As the sale gets closer to the end though, people are realizing that games, even junky ones, will still have value after the sale concludes. Coal will not (presumably).

Garou

Anyone from the US able to help me out on these region locked ones:
Sonic Generations
Bulletstorm
Rock of Ages

Can Paypal the money or trade for something.

Benedict

I just got two giftable copies of The Ship. Who wants one? Show me whatcha got!

Also have:
-Limbo
-1 piece of coal
-50% off Delve Deeper
-50% off Beat Hazard Complete
-25% off Valve
-50% off Operation Flashpoint Red River
-50% off HOARD
-50% off Bioshock 2

I have Vegas: Make It Big™ if you are interested?
Also interested in Limbo

Otherwise:
7 coal
-25% off Valve
-50% off Bioshock 2
-25% off 2K
-25% off Meridian4
-50% off Toki Tori
-50% off Cogs
-50% off Nail'd

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Think of it this way; At the beginning of the sale there were fewer achievements and more allure in having the chance to craft a valuable game. This made coal a pretty reasonable currency. As the sale gets closer to the end though, people are realizing that games, even junky ones, will still have value after the sale concludes. Coal will not (presumably).

Heh, so true, and this is why no one wants my coal in the trade thread. At least I got to trade coal for a good game (Jamestown) before the market crashed. It's pretty remarkable that coupons still manage to rank far below coal, though, they're just that useless. I wish they could be deleted so I wouldn't have to look at that Kane and Lynch 2 coupon every time I check my inventory.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
That and getting B on that level.

I got an SS with the pistol girl the first time. The guides seem to recommend the close combat dude, but I think people get hit too often with him. With the pistol girl I just shoot everybody from a distance without getting hit. Sometimes I need to dodge whatever an archer is shooting at me, but I found that they don't shoot often anyway.

Steam needs to provide a way to get rid of obsolete games. I would consider getting AaaaAaaaa for the awesome, since it´s the upgraded version of the game I already own, but then the original game would just sit there in the library.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Steam needs to provide a way to get rid of obsolete games. I would consider getting AaaaAaaaa for the awesome, since it´s the upgraded version of the game I already own, but then the original game would just sit there in the library.

I'd take just being able to get rid of them, period.

This would be nice, for sure, but in the meantime it's a simple thing to create a category for such games.

Herla

Uh!? Out of nowhere 2 copies of The Ship appeared in my inventory. Is this some kind of campaign to make the game playable?
edit: Apparently it is.

Yaska

Cave story + achievement seems to be in, required me to just launch the game to get it. Also damn my bad luck, I don't want -25% off from codemasters titles >.<.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom