• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNIKT!

I have 3 copies of Renegade Ops for trade. Send me a PM if you're interested.

I also have a Cthulhu Saves the World/Breath of Death combo pack I'll give away to the first person to quote me! :)

chiba

Does anyone know if Bastion controls decent with mouse/kb?

Also, if anyone wants a 50% off Bunch of Heroes coupon, pm me.

Speevy

Banned
Bastion is one of the few games that didn't flip my analog sticks to ass-backwards mode. Controls great with keyboard as well.

There should be a lawsuit against whichever companies decided that the Xbox 360 controller was the only universal, "works with everything" solution for controller PC gaming.

I just don't have one.

chiba

Bastion is one of the few games that didn't flip my analog sticks to ass-backwards mode. Controls great with keyboard as well.

There should be a lawsuit against whichever companies decided that the Xbox 360 controller was the only universal, "works with everything" solution for controller PC gaming.

I just don't have one.

Ya, my only option is an old ps2 usb plug that's a pain to set up sometimes and I don't want to pay 50bucks on a 360 controller for just a few indie games. Thanks Speevy and Syphon Filter!

edit: Baught!

First seven coal crafted:

ANtoQ.jpg

Could be worse, sega are probably the worst, other than EA, when it comes to regional price equality on AUS Steam.

Second seven coal:

Vftmp.jpg

Already own it. :(

sohois

Anybody willing to buy Bulletstorm for me?, behind region restrictions here. Cant do paypal, however would trade any similarly priced game. PM me if you can help me out.

Speevy

Banned
Um...I think the point is that companies should not make games that handicap your USB controllers, while giving special consideration to Xbox ones.

Popstar

Um...I think the point is that companies should not make games that handicap your USB controllers, while giving special consideration to Xbox ones.
It's a deliberate move on Microsoft's part. The old controller API (DirectInput) has been deprecated and the new API (XInput) only works with 360 controllers. They've even crippled the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows drivers so they won't quite work properly with DirectX so you need to use the new API.

lol Last I looked it was more, but that was awhile back. Still too much for only needing it on a small handful of games.

I used to be a sceptic like you, then I took a dualshock to the knee.

But seriously, any game you buy for PC which has native controller support these days is expecting a 360 controller. It's absolutely worth it.

Sober

I used to be a sceptic like you, then I took a dualshock to the knee.

But seriously, any game you buy for PC which has native controller support these days is expecting a 360 controller. It's absolutely worth it.
The only thing I wish was standard about the 360 controller in PC games is seamless transitions from kb/m to controller without having to go to the options menu to enable/disable it. Especially open-world or games with vehicles, I much prefer to use the controller to drive/fly rather than WASD.

Also, being able to use both (almost) simultaneously is possibly the option of analog movement + mouse look at the expense of key binds (this is where you want to get a 10+ button mouse I guess).

You can use other controllers that see them as a 360 controller too.I prefer the logitech f310 compared to 360 controller due to the better dpad and more responsive face buttons.

My God, the Rusty Hearts acheev is annoying. I decided it was not worth the trouble.
The only annoying thing was the install time time (took me 3 hours), then having to install a 377MB patch for the game as soon as it launches, THEN waiting for the patcher or whatever it was...finally, having to make an account.

Just played about ten minutes of Rock of Ages.

Absolutely hilarious game. It seems a bit shallow, but it's full of so much charm that I can't help but love it.

Shaneus

So, Xelios is really, really fucking awesome with organising Bulletstorm for me. Was away from my PC while at the movies and I came back to several PMs, a Steam message and probably a few other contact methods as well, making sure I received the gift. Awesome dude and a pleasure to deal with.

On a more personal note (and this is completely unsolicited, it just pisses me RIGHT off), unless it could result in going without food, don't be afraid to follow the gifting etiquette, in particular the one about tipping. Seriously. People are going out of their way here.

Graben

Neo Member
Bulletstorm is really fun. Thanks to Xeno_Flux2113 for getting it for me! I am also glad I found the option to turn off all the swearing.

dLMN8R

I just got two giftable copies of The Ship. Who wants one? Show me whatcha got!

Also have:
-Limbo
-1 piece of coal
-50% off Delve Deeper
-50% off Beat Hazard Complete
-25% off Valve
-50% off Operation Flashpoint Red River
-50% off HOARD
-50% off Bioshock 2

wilflare

So, Xelios is really, really fucking awesome with organising Bulletstorm for me. Was away from my PC while at the movies and I came back to several PMs, a Steam message and probably a few other contact methods as well, making sure I received the gift. Awesome dude and a pleasure to deal with.

On a more personal note (and this is completely unsolicited, it just pisses me RIGHT off), unless it could result in going without food, don't be afraid to follow the gifting etiquette, in particular the one about tipping. Seriously. People are going out of their way here.

Xelios is an awesome dude :D not just with his gifting help but also his generosity too! :D
upz for him!

Exile550

I just got two giftable copies of The Ship. Who wants one? Show me whatcha got!

Also have:
-Limbo
-1 piece of coal
-50% off Delve Deeper
-50% off Beat Hazard Complete
-25% off Valve
-50% off Operation Flashpoint Red River
-50% off HOARD
-50% off Bioshock 2

What would you like for Limbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.