• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants a copy of Day of Defeat: Source, PM me. I don't want anything for it.

I'm heading out soonish though, so I apologize if I'm slow to reply.
Not that DOD:S is going to set the world on fire. :(

Edit: Gone.

Amneisac

This is starting to crush my will a little bit. I've done 18 of the gift pile achievements (I've done a few more but they're not active yet and I have 3 more to do today) and so far I have gotten nothing but the terrible blue coupons I'll never use like 10% off a 1C game and junk like that. Seriously, seriously disappointed. Obviously not everyone can win awesome prizes, but I literally haven't won a single item that I can use yet.

I wish they'd let you trade in 7 blue coupons for another go at the gift pile.

chico

ibrUyfaclprduM.PNG

Finally got a game. Trine 2. I would trade every coupon, coal and Trine 2 for DOTA 2 =S

ill trade Trine 2 with you, i have dota2 in my inventory! whats your steam nick?

Not sure if this is a glitch, but I bought a 4 pack of Renegade Ops and now it appears that I have been given 6 copies (not 3) of it to gift. 3 of the copies are labelled Steam Gift and the other three have the Renegade Ops graphic on it.

I bought it when the pack was on sale a couple of days ago.

I have already given 2 copies (labelled Steam gift) away to friends. I have 1 copy (labelled Steam Gift) left and 3 copies (labelled Renegade Ops) which only appeared in my Steam gift box this evening.

Dont know if this is what was supposed to happen when I bought it, but it doesnt look right.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Garou

Sorry for posting again, but anyone from the US able to get Bulletstorm and Rock of Ages for me? It's not available here. Can Paypal immediately.

Not sure if this is a glitch, but I bought a 4 pack of Renegade Ops and now it appears that I have been given 6 copies (not 3) of it to gift. 3 of the copies are labelled Steam Gift and the other three have the Renegade Ops graphic on it.

I bought it when the pack was on sale a couple of days ago.

I have already given 2 copies (labelled Steam gift) away to friends. I have 1 copy (labelled Steam Gift) left and 3 copies (labelled Renegade Ops) which only appeared in my Steam gift box this evening.

Dont know if this is what was supposed to happen when I bought it, but it doesnt look right.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Seems like you lucked out pretty well. Do you want a couple of valve % vouchers for a copy? :p

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Can someone sell me on the Kings Bounty games? I know they're kinda RPGs, but what design philosophy do they follow? Are they open or linear? They look like combat focused games, so I'm curious if there's also conversations and such. Any games you could compare them to structurally?

krzy123

Can someone sell me on the Kings Bounty games? I know they're kinda RPGs, but what design philosophy do they follow? Are they open or linear? They look like combat focused games, so I'm curious if there's also conversations and such. Any games you could compare them to structurally?

Turn based SRPG, like HoMM, but with free open world movement. Some text convos (sometimes with walls of text) nothing special though, wouldn't play for the story. I've only played the original game though, others can comment on the expansions. But I've heard those are better.

Dizzy-4U

Heroes of Might and Magic

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Odd, the Ship isn't showing up in my Inventory. Maybe when I get home and check within steam it will show up, but I am wondering if it due to me buying a retail copy.

Stitch

Gold Member

filipe

Do people trade games for hats here, or anywhere else? I really don't care about hats in TF2, and don't care about they're rarity (if any) or trading cost, I just don't want to spend another dollar.

Danj

Do people trade games for hats here, or anywhere else? I really don't care about hats in TF2, and don't care about they're rarity (if any) or trading cost, I just don't want to spend another dollar.

I also have a bunch of hats, didn't think they were worth anything but if they are let me know.

Saew

Neo Member
I got -75% off on Torchlight (Which would make it ~€3.75 instead of the current €7.49).

Would anybody want to trade in exchange for a coal?

Durante

I need friends.

More specifically, I need Steam friends who play Defense Grid (and, ideally, the DLC). Only one of mine does, and comparing your scores to the overall high score lists is too depressing. My Steam ID is durante_.

So someone needs 2 copies of bulletstorm. 1 for themselves and 1 for a friend. Can I just send them the first 1 then put the second in my inventory and trade it to them so they can gift it?

Can't pull the trigger on Sonic. Someone sell it to me.
As someone who grew up on the Genesis Sonic games, this is probably the only Sonic game I'd place on equal footing with them. The level design for every level (except Planet Wisp) is superb and fixes most problems people had with Unleashed and Sonic 4.

The physics for classic aren't 1:1 but if you're willing to compromise it's an easy adjustment, I'd even argue that new engine better. The music is superb, using 2 remixed versions of the original songs for the Zones mixed in with a slew of other melodies from previous installments.

Some people don't like the extra missions and there are a couple of rotten eggs in there, but I found a majority of them to be fun. If you don't like them it's not really an issue because most of them are simple anyways and you only have to do 3 per Era. That's like 5 minutes.

My 2 gripes are the limited amount of bosses for classic Sonic and the fact that S Ranks are way too easy to get when compared to other Sonic titles. I believe most people that don't like the game probably only go through the level once and call it quits, this game builds itself and improves through multiple playthroughs of a stage.

ElRenoRaven

Can't pull the trigger on Sonic. Someone sell it to me.

As someone who grew up on the Genesis Sonic games, this is probably the only Sonic game I'd place on equal footing with them. The level design for every level (except Planet Wisp) is superb and fixes most problems people had with Unleashed and Sonic 4.

The physics for classic aren't 1:1 but if you're willing to compromise it's an easy adjustment, I'd even argue that new engine better. The music is superb, using 2 remixed versions of the original songs for the Zones mixed in with a slew of other melodies from previous installments.

Some people don't like the extra missions and there are a couple of rotten eggs in there, but I found a majority of them to be fun. If you don't like them it's not really an issue because most of them are simple anyways and you only have to do 3 per Era. That's like 5 minutes.

My 2 gripes are the limited amount of bosses for classic Sonic and the fact that S Ranks are way too easy to get when compared to other Sonic titles. I believe most people that don't like the game probably only go through the level once and call it quits, this game builds itself and improves through multiple playthroughs of a stage.

Hits it on the head. If you enjoyed classic sonic there is a ton of that here for you. If you like Modern Sonic. Notice I didn't say gimmick Sonic then there is plenty of modern here. Then as a bonus you have a few gimmick runs of levels that are optional for the most part. I really would say it's the best Sonic there has been since the 2D versions. I'm even ranking it above the Dreamcast Sonics. That's how much I like it.

Also it runs great on even bad hardware. It's a damn well optimized PC port.

Never really understood how the game shifts between classic and 3d. Can you shift perspectives during each level, or does the game alternate between classic levels and 3d levels, or are they two differen "campaigns"?

Volcynika

Never really understood how the game shifts between classic and 3d. Can you shift perspectives during each level, or does the game alternate between classic levels and 3d levels, or are they two differen "campaigns"?

Each area has two zones, a classic one and a modern one.

ElRenoRaven

Each area has two zones, a classic one and a modern one.

Yup. while on the hub area you hit Y and switch the Sonic you are using. Then based on the sonic you have you will either enter act 1 for classic Sonic or Act 2 for Modern Sonic. It's very simple. The challenges also change depending on the Sonic you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom