• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murkas

Can't pull the trigger on Sonic. Someone sell it to me.

I bought it and have been enjoying it so far, one thing I can say is that keyboard controls feel kinda wrong to me. If you have a pad, use that.

Worth a purchase easily.

Also it runs great on even bad hardware. It's a damn well optimized PC port.

It stutters sometimes with me which is strange as my PC can play most games on high. Probably a setting in the game or a driver issue.

ElRenoRaven

I bought it and have been enjoying it so far, one thing I can say is that keyboard controls feel kinda wrong to me. If you have a pad, use that.

Worth a purchase easily.

It stutters sometimes with me which is strange as my PC can play most games on high.

Hmm. I don't have the greatest hardware and I can run it perfectly. I just have an old Radeon 3650hd and run it maxed. I'd bet on driver issue too for you. That's the one downside to PC gaming. With so many configurations and drivers something may work flawlessly for one person and run like shit for another when they even have identical hardware.

Hell my Achilles heel is shadows for example. I can run things maxed but have to have shadows set to minimum.

I'm just catching up with the objectives from the last few days, and I'm up to the Renegade Ops one. Apparently, I need to purchase the Coldstrike dlc, but I can't find any dlc for the game on the store. Is the dlc not available in the UK? Any way around this?

It really isn't.

Might leave it installed beyond the Christmas achievement hunt. Not too keen on the Anime style and every character having huge boobs.

I'm just catching up with the objectives from the last few days, and I'm up to the Renegade Ops one. Apparently, I need to purchase the Coldstrike dlc, but I can't find any dlc for the game on the store. Is the dlc not available in the UK? Any way around this?

Its available, though its not discounted. Personally very annoyed with this.

Moofers

OP says Skyrim is 75% off on the 26th, but its listed at $59.99 while all the other 26th sales still have a bit of time left. Misprint?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I want to purchase Bastion.

Should I purchase Bastion?

If you enjoy a good narrative and an amazing soundtrack, yes. I would highly recommend it at 5 dollars.

Might leave it installed beyond the Christmas achievement hunt. Not too keen on the Anime style and every character having huge boobs.

Its available, though its not discounted. Personally very annoyed with this.

Doesn't seem to be available in the UK, no dlc is listed on the game's store page, and there is no dlc link for the game in my library like other games that have dlc

Wthermans

Banned
Considering Farcry Collection, Bulletstorm, and Bastion. Gonna wait and see what today's daily deals will be before I pull the trigger. Really hoping for Darksiders to go on sale.

Can someone help me get Sonic, I don't have enough credit, it is night and i can't recharge until tomorrow :[ I want two copies of it.

I will paypal (or gift you a game of your choice within the same amount) tomorrow. I know this sounds scam-ish but this is the only way for me to not miss the Sonic deal.

well, unless it will go into a daily deal again in the next days :X

Danj

Anyone know how to get the AI War achievement? I've tried using the save game from the Wikia page but it doesn't quite have 30,000 ships lost and seems to be taking ages for anything to happen, even when I sped it up to maximum.

Can someone help me get Sonic, I don't have enough credit, it is night and i can't recharge until tomorrow :[ I want two copies of it.

I will paypal (or gift you a game of your choice within the same amount) tomorrow. I know this sounds scam-ish but this is the only way for me to not miss the Sonic deal.

well, unless it will go into a daily deal again in the next days :X
Do you still need help getting Sonic?

Artofwar420

Anyone know how to get the AI War achievement? I've tried using the save game from the Wikia page but it doesn't quite have 30,000 ships lost and seems to be taking ages for anything to happen, even when I sped it up to maximum.

I did with a tutorial video. Not hard really, just the UI is a bit impenetrable. Also, it takes around 20 or so minutes to lose those ships.

The main idea is to find the AI planet and auto-make ships and send them through the wormholes. It helps to have like 25 or more shipyards, and at the beginning it also helps to have more than 30 engineers for fast shipyard construction. You can also speed up the game with plus and minus.

Scythian

It doesn't work if you don't create a new profile, it happened to me too. Just create a profile named "Kai" or something (it should say in the Wikia) and load the save game. In a few minutes the achievement should pop up.

Danj

I did with a tutorial video. Not hard really, just the UI is a bit impenetrable. Also, it takes around 20 or so minutes to lose those ships.

The main idea is to find the AI planet and auto-make ships and send them through the wormholes. It helps to have like 25 or more shipyards, and at the beginning it also helps to have more than 30 engineers for fast shipyard construction. You can also speed up the game with plus and minus.

Ah got it, turns out there were several hundred ships stashed away in some different systems.

krpiper

I have a couple DOTA 2 passes (2) and a couple of passes for "The Ship" (2) that I am willing to trade I dont know what I want for it so..shoot me an offer?

Steam name is krpiper (I changed it to be my GAF name)

PaulLFC

Is Rock of Ages crashing for anyone else?

My and my brother both bought it as it's a daily deal, he's told me it keeps crashing to desktop when he tries to load Tutorial 2. Mine's half way through downloading now to see if I have the same problem.

PaulLFC

I have a couple DOTA 2 passes (2) and a couple of passes for "The Ship" (2) that I am willing to trade I dont know what I want for it so..shoot me an offer?

Steam name is piperky2008
Would love DOTA 2, I don't have much though! A couple of 25% off Valve coupons, 50% off Beat Hazard complete and 3 pieces of coal :/

sohois

I thought the new deals were supposed to come up now? Oh well, I suppose it give me once last chance to appeal for Bulletstorm. I cannot purchase it as it is locked, so if anyone would be willing to buy it for me i can offer any similarly priced game in return.

Danj

I thought the new deals were supposed to come up now? Oh well, I suppose it give me once last chance to appeal for Bulletstorm. I cannot purchase it as it is locked, so if anyone would be willing to buy it for me i can offer any similarly priced game in return.

New deals are in just under an hour's time.

wilflare

hmm you can't do paypal at all? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom