• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrayne

The art in POP 2008 is worth 5$ IMO. It's rare we get games with art that good.
Art is great, game is great - not really as shallow as people make it out to be. Elika saving you ≠ auto-solve puzzles. Still gotta make the jump - just saves you an ugly GAME OVER screen.

thefil

Art is great, game is great - not really as shallow as people make it out to be. Elika saving you ≠ auto-solve puzzles. Still gotta make the jump - just saves you an ugly GAME OVER screen.

I think a better metaphor is that it very generous with the checkpoints - as long as you're on a flat plane, there's a checkpoint.

Spent a little over an hour playing Sequence for the first time since the gaffer offered it for free and this game kicks ass so far. Just letting anyone know if they are curious about it.

The price makes this game an absolute steal to boot.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

This was always weak point to hold against it. Its no different than most games with a checkpoint everytime you wipe your own ass. Just saves you time and actually makes sense. You don't have an infinite amount of lives, you just retry the segment.

Spayro

I got AAAAAaaa..., and a 75% coupon for Napoleon: Total War. if anyone's interested, PM me. Also still have a copy of The Ship to give away.

Chesskid1

Banned
finally got around to starting alice. got past the lil intro to the first level where you can start platforming. man, it's just wow gorgeous. geez. i also love how everything on alice is dynamic (?) too. her hair flowing around, her bow on her dress flowing around. hope the gameplay delivers, because the graphics/animations sure do.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Can I have a copy of The Ship?

What is that game worth now? Its not given away for free yet, right?

And if I already own the first AaaaAAaaAAA, I dont need to buy the second, right? Its not substantially better than the first, or is it?

flowsnake

How is Cities in Motion different from Cities XL 2011? I already have the latter, is the first different enough to buy as well?

I haven't played Cities XL but it's a city building game. Cities in Motion isn't, it's a transport business sim like Transport Tycoon.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
As much as I love Sands of Time and PoP 2008, I think Forgotten Sands is BY FAR the best PoP game ever made and people really overlook it.

So please buy it and love it. You won't be disappointed. Amazing game.

Yeah, the platforming is so good in some of those segments at the end. The water freezing is used in some fantastic ways.

Artofwar420

What is that game worth now? Its not given away for free yet, right?

And if I already own the first AaaaAAaaAAA, I dont need to buy the second, right? Its not substantially better than the first, or is it?

Only the second has the achievement if I'm not mistaken. It's equally good though.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
The AAaAAA achievement is in the "awesome" version and you press an up arrow on the level select at the top to get to it. It also made me want to smash my monitor by the time I was done. YMMV.

Oreoleo

so its those 6 levels in fancy dlc? None of them say anything about christmas or malls so i didn't know

Yes. The last one has Christmas music in the background but other than that the levels are exactly what you could expect from the base game. And even though a couple of them are hard as nails I love the game anyway and had no problem spending a half hour or whatever to get 4 stars on all 6 levels. As xelios said though, YMMV.

inky

I was considering getting Forgotten Sands, but:

I think they patched it out and it now only checks at launch (which might still be obnoxious, but I can't check 'cus I don't have the game installed). I would not blame you either way; I too have passed on recent Ubi products due to their shitty PC support.

mrgone

Ubisoft is run by a bunch of dumb assholes and I sincerely hope they don't end up cancelling the FarCry 3 port because "95% of our PC consumers are pirates". I've never seen so much concentrated stupid in a successful company before.

Fou-Lu

Gifted a copy of Sequence and am getting everyone on my friends list to buy it.

I actually started playing it today (Sorry it took so long Feep!) and it is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom