• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the Rusty Hearts acheev.

Still need to do Rise of Immortals and Crimecraft. Both are annoying as shit.

At least it is F2P.

How annoying is the Rusty Hearts one? I was just now loading up the game, but it's taking forever and I don't know if I want to invest the time if its annoying/too hard.

kennah

How annoying is the Rusty Hearts one? I was just now loading up the game, but it's taking forever and I don't know if I want to invest the time if its annoying/too hard.

Of all the F2P games, it's the best of the bunch. The achievement isn't too annoying if you follow the wiki.

Sblargh

Banned
SO sad I missed Skyrim for $40 :( *sigh* maybe again on the last day?

That's my thought, it will probably be again on the last day, so if after everything is done I have still 40 bucks on the "to-spend-on-Steam" account, Skyrim it is.
-
Now I need that GAF wisdow. Anyone tried Cities in Motion? I really like City Builders (having a really good time with Tropico 4), but I don't know how I feel about this thing of controlling only the mass transportation system.
Any advice?

Sober

As much as I love Sands of Time and PoP 2008, I think Forgotten Sands is BY FAR the best PoP game ever made and people really overlook it.

So please buy it and love it. You won't be disappointed. Amazing game.
Forgotten Sands is probably one of the best platforming games I've played in a while. The combat is only better than Sands of Time though. I much preferred with combat system they had in WW and TT, but the platforming, OH MY GOD, so good. The final platforming section is amazing.

This was always weak point to hold against it. Its no different than most games with a checkpoint everytime you wipe your own ass. Just saves you time and actually makes sense. You don't have an infinite amount of lives, you just retry the segment.
I like that they used the Eleka-saves-you mechanic as part of a puzzle or two. But yeah, you still have to do all the jumps, there's nothing automatic about it at all, just less frustrating.

No it is not, unfortunately. Though the first is the better game, IMO.
Guess you didn't play KOTOR2 then?

It only takes about ten minutes to get to the needed quest. After that, make sure you have a friend because doing the quest on Very Hard solo won't net you a score of B.

masterkajo

It only takes about ten minutes to get to the needed quest. After that, make sure you have a friend because doing the quest on Very Hard solo won't net you a score of B.

I did it without problem. Just played Frantz and spammed X and S and D whenever cooldown was ready. Don't ge hit too much and I finished with a double S.

I did it without problem. Just played Frantz and spammed X and S and D whenever cooldown was ready. Don't ge hit too much and I finished with a double S.

Yup. Spam X when S and D are in cooldown, make sure to take out archers to avoid getting hit, and use C every once in awhile when its safe to grab an enemy then C again to smash them into the ground or against another enemy.

Sober

fixed, Bioware had nothing to do with the second game

which is by no means bad, heck if LucasArts had actually let Obsidian finish the game... it would have been great
Bioware and LA are making TOR, which means they need to retcon anything relevant in KOTOR2 for their timeline. Why else is there a Revan novel that features a named Exile with retcons and stuff?

scy

Meh. Buy stuff to gift for friends that missed sales only to realize I can't trade things until January 18th. What I get for apparently not using my Steam account in forever before this sale.

Here I thought I won a bunch of random copies of games from today's Achievements :(

Flunkie

Banned
Meh. Buy stuff to gift for friends that missed sales only to realize I can't trade things until January 18th. What I get for apparently not using my Steam account in forever before this sale.

Here I thought I won a bunch of random copies of games from today's Achievements :(

What? Did you buy TF2 items or something?

Are any of the coupons you get from the achievements actually worth it? So far, every coupon I've gotten has either been worse or equal to the sale going on right now. It feels like there isn't much reward to getting the achievements.

Sblargh

Banned
Are any of the coupons you get from the achievements actually worth it? So far, every coupon I've gotten has either been worse or equal to the sale going on right now. It feels like there isn't much reward to getting the achievements.

5 pieces of coal and 50% off a game that I don't want and is 75% off right now.

scy

What? Did you buy TF2 items or something?

No, I'm just an idiot~ It's a trade restriction it looks like, not gifting in general. Just saw a bunch of the stuff I bought to gift in my inventory flagged with "Not Tradeable" and kneejerked into sad. Oops.

Artofwar420

Finished playing Solar 2, great title about being a celestial object. Fairly open in its structure, it let's you do the exploring and figuring out of the mechanics. A little tutorial is just enough to get you started.

I'm ready for tomorrow's deals and achievements with 7 dollars left in my wallet. Throw me your best punch Gabe.

Fou-Lu

$3 left in my steam wallet and five days of new deals left... I think I might have to break out the credit card again. *sigh* I'm so weak.

Plus my hard drive can't handle anymore games. I think I'll have to buy another external drive to throw everything but games on.

Shogun 2 has to be coming up in the next few days right? $15 on US Steam, $45 on Aus Steam is a little rude. Also hoping for a fallout New Vegas DLC Fire Sale.

Aselith

Hey GAF,

I've been re-watching the Lord of the Rings on Blu-ray, and I was wondering: which Lord of the Rings game best realizes the fiction? Not necessarily the best gameplay, but certainly looking for a faithfulness to the source material.

Source material or the movies? There's quite a difference there.

so I have a 120 gig SSd as my main drive and a 2TB HDD for everything else, I've been using a program called steam mover to move games but it's buggy and doesn't always work. so how do I move steam games to the second hard drive?

eneko

so I have a 120 gig SSd as my main drive and a 2TB HDD for everything else, I've been using a program called steam mover to move games but it's buggy and doesn't always work. so how do I move steam games to the second hard drive?

You could use Steam's backup feature and put your games on an external hard drive and transfer them that way? Or can't you just drag your steamapps folder over?

Remfin

If Steam Mover doesn't work right you could do it manually. That's all it's doing anyway. But I don't understand why it wouldn't be working since that's all it does anyway.

So glad I bought Bastion for $5 when it was on sale. It was great. Only complaint is that it was really short, but I'll replay it at some point.

Deadbeat

Banned
Heh, my crimecraft account from the beta still exists. Quickly logged in and murdered everyone in the snowball thing. Took 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom