• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefil

Just did the AAAAaAAAaaachievement with my laptop trackpad. This achievement was way easier than the last few. Still love the game, one of my favourite achievement-hunting experiences.

Sent out PM's to the first two...I think once you get it you also get one to gift, so you should hook up those other two posters right below you who wanted one as well!

oipic

Sent out PM's to the first two...I think once you get it you also get one to gift, so you should hook up those other two posters right below you who wanted one as well!

Thank you, Marital Wheat - you're a gentleman. I'll work with jgminto to make sure the next guys in line are covered. Must keep this Ship virus propagating through GAF. :)

EDIT: sent through to inky (I hope!)

inky

Thank you, Marital Wheat - you're a gentleman. I'll work with jgminto to make sure the next guys in line are covered. Must keep this Ship virus propagating through GAF. :)

EDIT: sent through to inky (I hope!)

I got it. Thanks a lot, both Marital Wheat and oipic!

LQX

I'll take a Ship if there are any extras.

Also anyone want a "50% OFF Introversion Complete Pack'? Worthless to me.

frogg609

So I picked up the Dawn of War II set today. I was wondering, to understand the story, do I need to buy and play through the first Dawn of War RTS games or no?

PaulLFC

Thanks very much to cr_blah_blah for The Ship! I have one extra copy to give away now, first person to quote this with a link to their Steam ID will get it gifted.

Prophane33

I'm happy to have seen a lot of Paradox stuff as daily deals, even if Cities in Motion is not my cup of tea. Still holding out for Sengoku or Victoria, even if the deals on GamersGate right now are better. Worse case I can just grab them on Jan 1st from GG if they don't end up being daily deals. Also anyone interested in Two Worlds II should also consider getting it from GG over steam since it's current sale price is better there.

So I picked up the Dawn of War II set today. I was wondering, to understand the story, do I need to buy and play through the first Dawn of War RTS games or no?

Not really. There is no ideal place to jump into the DoW games in regards to story IMO. DoW II vanilla is as good a place as any, you'll pick the story up as you go.

Artofwar420

Is there still a community for The Ship? Games been out for ages.

I heard someone earlier say it has a dedicated community. But if it's anything like Bloody Good Time (I know it is) then it's one of those games that with people is a fucking amazing experience. Expletive required. With all these copies being spawned of gifts here in GAF, we should totally try to get some games going.

TheExodu5

Banned
Why are so many copies of The Ship being gifted? Was there a sale I was unaware of? I've always wanted to try it, but $10 is a steep price for an uncertain game.

Why are so many copies of The Ship being gifted? Was there a sale I was unaware of? I've always wanted to try it, but $10 is a steep price for an uncertain game.

They gave anybody who already owned a copy 2 giftable copies and the people who receive a gift copy also get a copy to gift.

bozeman

I just got 50% off Men of War:Vietnam. I still haven't done the trade achievement and would like to get it. Will trade that for anything. PM to let me know. Steam ID is bozeman.

vazel

Banned
If it comes down to it a group buy of The Ship would be really cheap. It would be $2 per person. Someone tried to organize a group buy a few pages back don't know if he got it off the ground.

I'm reposting this pic someone posted about how the gifting works. http://i.imgur.com/dnO1f.jpg

Oreoleo

New devs bought the game from the old devs, and, guess what. They actually give a shit about the game and want people to play it.

Oreoleo

Wait really? I know Outerlight was bought by Ubisoft, and then Outerlight basically failed after Bloody Good Time bombed, but then what happened to them?

For all intents and purposes Outerlight basically isn't even a company anymore. My best guess is the one guy left sold the rights to The Ship to get some cash flow, but honestly I don't really know the details of what happened.

Xzior

My god that was tedious, just got the achievement for Rise of the Immortals, only took me 52m 10s to get the bastard. I haven't even dared looking what I got for it, I know didn't get a nice game for it, but one can dream.

Edit: Yay! another piece of coal, that makes it 26. I will probably do some crafting later on.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Neat, got a free Zeno Clash from the gift pile. Already have it though, so I guess I'll fire it off to a friend.

Card Boy

Banned
If I was looking to get a Prince of Persia game, what ones should I look at? I have never played any games in that series!

I can recommend the Forgotten Sands. Its excellent and looks awesome. If you get the Deluxe version it comes with a copy of Sands of Time (which is the same as buying seperatly), but you get the Album and other content with the Deluxe version.

Two exclusive skins:Play as the Sand Wraith from Prince of Persia Warrior Within or play in the shining armor of the Prince's brother, Malik.
One exclusive survival mode map: Can you survive the powerful Sand Army assault? Endure successive waves of relentless enemies as your life gauge decreases over time.
Soundtrack of the game, available upon release of the game.
A free copy* of Prince of Persia Sands of Time to play right away.

So Deluxe version = $7.49 (comes with POP:SOT)

Regular Forgotten Sands+Sands of Time=7.49 (doesn't come with extras)

LegoArmo

I can recommend the Forgotten Sands. Its excellent and looks awesome. If you get the Deluxe version it comes with a copy of Sands of Time (which is the same as buying seperatly), but you get the Album and other content with the Deluxe version.

So Deluxe version = $7.49 (comes with POP:SOT)

Regular Forgotten Sands+Sands of Time=7.49 (doesn't come with extras)

I don't see the deluxe version on the UK store. :(

BioHazard

Ugh that AaaaAAaaaa achievement was rough:

JmznY.png

Does anyone have an extra guest pass for Killing Floor? I didnt have the time to properly try it out when it had the free weekend and I have a feeling it is going to be back on sale on the last day. But it's a multi-player game and i would need to try it out before I could buy it.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Whatever the case, more people have The Ship, we should totally play it and take advantage of that.

And if anyone wants to gift an extra, I want a copy and I'll atually play it! Again love Assassins creed multi and since The Ship is where they got the idea I have to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom