• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I just did the Sequence achivement and got Sequence for free as a gift LOL

The funny thing is that all my achivements are from rhythm games. Sequence, Beat hazard and Audio Surf.

So how is frozen synapse, ive heard good things but also that the game is really difficult, so I dont know if keep it or gift it to a friend.
How difficult is to get the achivement?

the achievement is super easy to get... you just set up a skirmish with no enemies and a lone machine gunner... play turns until the end and voila

The Judge

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3900/

No steamworks with this either?

I was going to get V but got the demo and realized my laptop can't run it. I figure I can probably run IV, though.

I've been waiting for Civ4 sale since summer sales (only Civ5 went on sale that time) and I'm still hoping it happens this time. It's annoying because I decided to get the game in late June and the game was a daily deal on June 9th. Hasn't been a daily since then (while Hydrophobia was a daily like 4 times).

I already have Civ5 and I like it a lot, but it doesn't run the best on my lap either (mac port, etc). I hear people prefer Civ4 than 5, so come on Steam, don't let me down!

also solar 2, never heard of it but it looks kind of cool, should I bite?

I actually really like it. You fly around and build from a tiny asteroid to a solar system. Definitely worth it for 2.50. U:

Wait. How can you tell that? o_O
The top selling games are based on total money spent, not amount of copies sold. Since FEAR 3 is $19.99, and Sequence is $1.24, you're outselling FEAR by at least a ratio of 19.99:1.24. Uhhh I think I'm doing that right.

Tomodachi

About Bastion:
  • narrator's voice irritates me
  • music is really overrated imho
  • holy damn it's addicting as hell
If you missed it start hoping it will pop-up again in the "best of" final day of the sale (pretty sure it will).

Jomjom

Banned
According to steamgamesales.com it doesn't seem like the Syberia bundle really ever goes below $7.49, but it only shows history dating back to a year.

Anyone remember if it's ever gone lower? If not I'm just going to purchase it now.

Also, didn't steamgamesales.com show sales history for 3-5 years before? Is there still a way to see that info?

Can anyone that owns Prince of Persia '08 confirm that controllers work with it? I looked at all the PoP games, but none of them say they support controllers...but someone just told me PoP '08 does.

Do they all support controllers?

what is better....polynomial or... aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAHHHH!!! i am addicted to the achievements even though after 25 i have only gotten coal.... but the coals have crafted into games

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Crafted my first set of seven coal. 50% off Trauma. It's 75% off right now. I feel sick to my stomach.

Oh well, I had fun with the games I played and that's all that really matters. I shouldn't bother with this stuff any more, but that tiny, microscopic chance of winning something worthwhile makes it hard to stop.

How is Cities in Motion? I like city sims but sometimes I just want to focus on one aspect (like transportation).

I don't play a lot of sims, but I bought it 'cause... I dunno. Seemed interesting. I played it a bit (getting the cheesemint was pretty easy), and it seems neat. I'll definitely go back to it in the future.

But like I said I don't play a lot of sims. So maybe it's "not good" for reasons I couldn't begin to understand.

Feep

Banned
Can anyone that owns Prince of Persia '08 confirm that controllers work with it? I looked at all the PoP games, but none of them say they support controllers...but someone just told me PoP '08 does.

Do they all support controllers?

My 360 pad works fine with PoP 2008, and it is glorious.

I've been waiting for Civ4 sale since summer sales (only Civ5 went on sale that time) and I'm still hoping it happens this time. It's annoying because I decided to get the game in late June and the game was a daily deal on June 9th. Hasn't been a daily since then (while Hydrophobia was a daily like 4 times).

I already have Civ5 and I like it a lot, but it doesn't run the best on my lap either (mac port, etc). I hear people prefer Civ4 than 5, so come on Steam, don't let me down!
Yeah. I mean if it stays at $15 I will probably still pick it up but I hope there's a daily deal.

I doubt it would be for IV, though.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Oh man I have no luck, 14 crafted coals and 2 valve 25% off coupons :mad: and a friend of mine got The Witcher EE twice, why Gabe? WHY?

Kammie

Congrats to Feep!

I'm getting all the Prince of Persia games when I get home. Does anyone know if the deluxe edition of Forgotten Sands still comes with Sands of Time for free? The way it's mentioned, it sounds like a preorder bonus.

Baha

Congrats to Feep!

I'm getting all the Prince of Persia games when I get home. Does anyone know if the deluxe edition of Forgotten Sands still comes with Sands of Time for free? The way it's mentioned, it sounds like a preorder bonus.

It should if it's still listed as a bonus.

Artofwar420

Yeah AAAAAaaaAAaaaa aAAAA is more of a game compared to Polynomial. I forgot how much I enjoyed AAAAaaaa..., specially since I paid in coals to get the new one. Polynomial is for special occasions.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
How's the PC version of Prince of Persia 2008? And how's PoP2k8 in general?

It looks and runs great on my rig (gtx 460) and it has pad support, but I found it boring. It does it's best to require as little effort from the player as possible, in both platforming and combat. I found the banter between the two characters kinda lame too, it's like Drake (Nolan North!) and Elena in Uncharted but not charming. Some people really like it, though, if you can enjoy a game just for it's visuals or "atmosphere", it might be worth the price.

It sure is pretty at times, though:

f346bc503acde8d900969150258dc358e2c6ffd7.jpg

4532dd58884d83ec48a92d7ba371f5af1e602235.jpg

As much as I love Sands of Time and PoP 2008, I think Forgotten Sands is BY FAR the best PoP game ever made and people really overlook it.

So please buy it and love it. You won't be disappointed. Amazing game.

After listening to Bombcast, I'm starting to regret not getting Bastion. Can't believe I'm saying this, but hopefully they have a Best Of day like they have in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom