• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I hope that coupons can be deleted after the sale. Or gifted without having to enter chat. I need to dump this shit on some other sucker, I'm tired of seeing it in my inventory.

Soi-Fong

I hope that coupons can be deleted after the sale. Or gifted without having to enter chat. I need to dump this shit on some other sucker, I'm tired of seeing it in my inventory.

Tell me about it. There's some that I've been seeing people get interested in like the Psychonauts and Rockstar coupons I have.

kswiston

Anyone want to trade for the Sherlock Holmes Collection? 6 adventure games (regular $34.99, currently $17.50) that I probably will never get around to playing. Will consider most non-coupon offers.

Graben

Neo Member
That's cheaper than it is here. Regular is 59.99

Activision is using the halo model though... But for DD... Prices should scale better

No I mean after the 50% discount it costs $49.99, the normal price is $99.99!

POZqg.jpg

Anyone want to trade for the Sherlock Holmes Collection? 6 adventure games (regular $34.99, currently $17.50) that I probably will never get around to playing. Will consider most non-coupon offers.

Day of Defeat Source and Coal? I've really been curious about them, as a fan of adventure games.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
This Wings of Prey game seems pretty solid, but what is up with this YuPlay nonsense. Also, it's nice that we can use a gamepad, but letting me know exactly what this or that button is bound to would have been cool.

does anyone want to trade something for my Left 4 Dead or a 50% off Valve coupon? I don't know what I want but it isn't these...make me offers haha

Man this DOW2 Retribution achievement is so lame. Idling for 30 minutes in multiplayer? Isn't the point of these achievements to entice players to give your game a try? Sure, you could play a proper match if you wanted but in that case you'd already be doing that anyway. What good does it really do to get new players in matches to idle for 30 minutes chatting and then never bothering with that mode again? They could have done something in singleplayer or the Last Stand instead. It just seems so lazy on Relic's part to set a timer and give you an achievement when it goes off. (Of course it doesn't help that I've never liked DOW2's multiplayer to begin with.)

I thought it was one of the better achievements, since such achievements actually makes you try out different play modes. I got the achievement through a proper online match, loved it, and has gone back for more of it. Great game!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm halfway through the Aaa achievement. I'd forgotten how much I hate this game.

Edit: And done!

ctrayne

Thoughts on Gothic? Really want an action RPGish game.

Arcania is pretty universally reviled. Nothing heinously wrong with it, and it's prettyish, but it's chock full of "get 20 bee wings" and "smash 72 pots" crap, and then it's over.

Never played it, but G2 is supposed to be the best in the series.

Shaneus

So, Terraria. Do I buy it? I've never played Minecraft and am not really that big into MP games. Can it be played offline or is the MP aspect basically the whole game?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I am tempted to grab Dark Forces for a dollar. There's probably zero chance of me enjoying it today, but I did like it as a kid. Heh.

I'll sleep on it, I guess.

wilflare

It's so weird to hear this. Normally I'm mediocre at games, but I am apparently pretty good at Aaaa. Found this sale's achievement a cakewalk.

any tips?
i'm told to clear some of the levels to get items first.

btw, still got an extra copy of Sonic Generations I bought thinking someone may have missed the deal.
letting go at deal price, please PM me if keen :D

So what´s the best action adventure on Steam to look for a sale for if you don´t want to participate in Ubisofts and EA´s online platforms, and already own the following:

*Portal 2
*Aquaria
*Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light
*Bully
*Psychonauts

yamo

Anyone able to help me trade some some shitty coupon for the trade achievement? I got a -33% on Valve games and a -33% on TimeGate, don't mind what I get back.

edit: got help, thanks

Des0lar

will learn eventually
So, Terraria. Do I buy it? I've never played Minecraft and am not really that big into MP games. Can it be played offline or is the MP aspect basically the whole game?

You can play solo. For some this is tediously boring. For others it's the only way to make the world they want.

For 2.50, I'd say give it a try.

Gothic 2 is the best in the series, once you understand how the combat works. I loved it without having played the original one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
any tips?
i'm told to clear some of the levels to get items first.

btw, still got an extra copy of Sonic Generations I bought thinking someone may have missed the deal.
letting go at deal price, please PM me if keen :D

Clear the tutorial levels to get the glove, as you'll need it for level 3. Other than that, remember that kisses are worth more than hugs, and go for the higher-scoring (more red in colour) plates.

wilflare

Clear the tutorial levels to get the glove, as you'll need it for level 3. Other than that, remember that kisses are worth more than hugs, and go for the higher-scoring (more red in colour) plates.

hmm the tutorial levels did not give me anything.
hmm. do i have the play the original game?
im playing the awesome version

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man you guys are lucky enough to have games. All I have are coals, coupons, and a crummy game (Dino D Day).

Aselith

Man this DOW2 Retribution achievement is so lame. Idling for 30 minutes in multiplayer? Isn't the point of these achievements to entice players to give your game a try? Sure, you could play a proper match if you wanted but in that case you'd already be doing that anyway. What good does it really do to get new players in matches to idle for 30 minutes chatting and then never bothering with that mode again? They could have done something in singleplayer or the Last Stand instead. It just seems so lazy on Relic's part to set a timer and give you an achievement when it goes off. (Of course it doesn't help that I've never liked DOW2's multiplayer to begin with.)

Well, I mean you could actually play the game for 30 minutes. Just sayin! It's a cumulative 30 minutes not a one match 30 minute timer.

They are good, but surpassed by two worlds 2 and especially skyrim in my opinion. Gothic 2 has the most interesting concepts, but it has aged quite a bit. No real reason to purchase them now that I can see.

As per the trade thread, have train simulator 2012 if anybody loves trains (first game I got that is at least worth a decent amount)

syllogism

They are good, but surpassed by two worlds 2 and especially skyrim in my opinion. Gothic 2 has the most interesting concepts, but it has aged quite a bit. No real reason to purchase them now that I can see.

As per the trade thread, have train simulator 2012 if anybody loves trains (first game I got that is at least worth a decent amount)
I liked Two Worlds 2 but Gothic 2 is definitely the better game. People who have issues with how Bethesda designs their worlds (i.e. scaling, random loot for the most part) can definitely like Risen/Gothic 2 more than even Skyrim. The notion that Gothic 2 isn't worth purchasing now is laughable.

I liked Two Worlds 2 but Gothic 2 is definitely the better game. People who have issues with how Bethesda designs their worlds (i.e. scaling, random loot for the most part) can definitely like Risen/Gothic 2 more than even Skyrim. The notion that Gothic 2 isn't worth purchasing now is laughable.

Mods would fix all those issues if they bother you. Better to put the little money towards a more modern title. But that is just my opinion.

I bought it for co-op and played it both off and online. As for off line, I really enjoyed exploring the world on my own. If you are playing with others, I recommend that you find players of your own level, so you have to explore the world step by step.
I played online right away and my friends all had the game for a few months, so they knew what to do and had good gear. I didn't really liked that, I couldn't join in them in exploring and I also got kind of lost when they gave me tons of times at once. I prefer to get stuff by working for it, not just get it handed over to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom