• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I feel dirty. It's the first time I wasted significant $$ on horse armor type DLC (Dawn of War II). I was tempted to buy the SPECTACT skins for Bad Company 2 when that came out but I resisted.

No one was biting for coal-for-PoP '08 in the trade thread, so I said "Fuck it," and crafted twice. Got a 50% coupon for something and...

oljEo.png

Was surprised!

gabbo

I have a copy of the Ship for trade
And yes, so long as people keep activating their given copy of The Ship, it will generate one copy to pass along. Or so the website of the new devhouse said
Anyone have anything to say about Hacker Evolution: Untold? Just picked it up as a gift for doing the Beat Hazard achievement.

I feel like, so far, the Humble Indie Bundle 4 stole the spotlight from the Steam Sale. I often find myself saying "wow that's a great price but I already got that now! yay me"

And yes, so long as people keep activating their given copy of The Ship, it will generate one copy to pass along. Or so the website of the new devhouse said

I'll trade you some useless coupons and/or coal for it!

All this talk of the Ship's new owners made me check into it; seems they actually have plans to support it! Sorry if it's been covered already, but if anyone's interested here's a link: http://blazinggriffin.com/2011/11/blazing-griffin-buys-ship-sets-sail. And count me in if a GAF game gets going.

Darryl

Banned
gonna throw myself out there for a copy of The Ship, the game looks great and i'll gladly re-gift whatever extra copy to someone else on GAF

Platy

I got a copy of Hawx 2 ... but for some reason my account is not trustable (wich is bizarre since i have it for almost 3 years...) and i can only trade it at the end of january =(

It looks like i can gift it ....

Darryl

Banned
I got a copy of Hawx 2 ... but for some reason my account is not trustable (wich is bizarre since i have it for almost 3 years...) and i can only trade it at the end of january =(

i've had this problem too, either open it or give it to someone

So does crafting coals usually get you better coupons / games?

i've never gotten anything good off crafting coals, so i doubt it

legacyzero

Banned
Thank you GAF for recommending Sonic Generations.

WORTH. EVERY. PENNY.

Seriously the best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure. Everything else is half assed.

Oreoleo

so one copy of The Ship could turn into infinite copies as long as it's passed around?

No it doesn't work like that. One bought copy will spawn 4 gift copies. 2 for the person who bought it, and then each of the people that person gifts to will each get one gift copy. That's it.

I seem to have two copies of the Ship Gift in my inventory. Is that normal? I've had the game for years but it's been so dead I haven't played in a long time.

Platy

Platynews on steam if anyone have a Ship left xD

[edit]
Just saw now that 4 games that had achivements were free to play .... must RUN !
[/edit]

So does crafting coals usually get you better coupons / games than the achievements?

Well .. it will NOT give you coal =P

Everything else is the same

i've had this problem too, either open it or give it to someone

But i want to trade it =(

....even if i doubt that i will find someone who wants to trade it for something =P

Darryl

Banned
Well .. it will NOT give you coal =P

Everything else is the same

But i want to trade it =(

....even if i doube that i will find someone who wants to trade it for something =P

you can still trade it, you just have to find someone who is willing to trade games through gifting them.

Oreoleo

I seem to have two copies of the Ship Gift in my inventory. Is that normal? I've had the game for years but it's been so dead I haven't played in a long time.

Yes. New devs bought the game and to kickstart the community they gave gift copies to everyone who had previously bought the game.

gabbo

Yes. The new devs want to get interest in the game up again and are gifting two copies to current owners of the game, which will in turn give one gift copy if that gift is activated and so on.

Talyn

Man this DOW2 Retribution achievement is so lame. Idling for 30 minutes in multiplayer? Isn't the point of these achievements to entice players to give your game a try? Sure, you could play a proper match if you wanted but in that case you'd already be doing that anyway. What good does it really do to get new players in matches to idle for 30 minutes chatting and then never bothering with that mode again? They could have done something in singleplayer or the Last Stand instead. It just seems so lazy on Relic's part to set a timer and give you an achievement when it goes off. (Of course it doesn't help that I've never liked DOW2's multiplayer to begin with.)

Card Boy

Banned

I am willing to take Hawx 2 off your hands.

Narag

Man this DOW2 Retribution achievement is so lame. Idling for 30 minutes in multiplayer? Isn't the point of these achievements to entice players to give your game a try? Sure, you could play a proper match if you wanted but in that case you'd already be doing that anyway. What good does it really do to get new players in matches to idle for 30 minutes chatting and then never bothering with that mode again? They could have done something in singleplayer or the Last Stand instead. It just seems so lazy on Relic's part to set a timer and give you an achievement when it goes off. (Of course it doesn't help that I've never liked DOW2's multiplayer to begin with.)

Might be mixing it up since the summer retribution achievement was SP/Last Stand like you suggested.

thefil

lemme know if you need help getting the Deluxe Version

think i'll miss Retributions today.

Aaaaa is insanely difficult

It's so weird to hear this. Normally I'm mediocre at games, but I am apparently pretty good at Aaaa. Found this sale's achievement a cakewalk.

Soi-Fong

Sorry guys. Here's a better look. As I said, Terraria isn't for trade.

photo.png

photo2.png

Better look. Just hit me up with offers. As I said Terraria isn't for trade. Sorry.

bozeman

Have these:

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/Asane99/steam2.png[ /IMG]
[IMG]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/Asane99/steam1.png[ /IMG]

Terraria and the Steam gift are not for trade though. The rest are.

Looking for offers.[/QUOTE]

50% off Men of War: Vietnam for Killing Floor????

Please??????????

edit: I guess my Steam name is jdbozeman. I got confused because my inventory has it as "bozeman."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom