• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druz

Mods would fix all those issues if they bother you. Better to put the little money towards a more modern title. But that is just my opinion.

Mods don't fix poor world design in bethesda games, sorry. Even though I've personally laid off of beth a bit with skyrim since I actually enjoy the game a lot. I have Risen if I want well done world building.

GOTHIC 2 is recommended. Just make sure you set "Use Gothic 2 controls" in options and prepare for a difficult game that gets easier. You start at level 0 for fucks sake.

Wow, so I just "installed" Saint's Row 3 using Best Buy App.

Never use this.

It doesn't have any indication of where you want to store items, it doesn't tell you when things are downloading or how far they are. It's horrible.

Danj

Wow, so I just "installed" Saint's Row 3 using Best Buy App.

Never use this.

It doesn't have any indication of where you want to store items, it doesn't tell you when things are downloading or how far they are. It's horrible.

Why would you do this? Pretty sure SR3 is Steamworks, so just grab the key and activate it on Steam.

Danj

Space Marine. GMG. $27
code: GREEN-SPACE-MARIN

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/action/warhammer-40000-space-marine/

runs out in a bit

12421652.jpg

DaBuddaDa

Since this is currently the definitive Steam thread. Any news on this:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/308803/final-fantasy-vii-and-viii-are-on-steam/

It was reported back in june and I was wondering if anyone knows if there have been any developments since then.

No news that I've heard, and I was just wondering myself if those would ever find their way to Steam. They would undoubtedly sell like gangbusters but I'm sure they would need extensive work to make sure they'll run with modern video cards on Win 7/Vista systems. They need the GOG treatment.

No news that I've heard, and I was just wondering myself if those would ever find their way to Steam. They would undoubtedly sell like gangbusters but I'm sure they would need extensive work to make sure they'll run with modern video cards on Win 7/Vista systems. They need the GOG treatment.
Definitely would sell like hotcakes. I'm extremely disappointed really that it's still impossible to buy them. The only real Final Fantasy games for the PC. I really hope they find they're way to Steam or any other DD place. VIII is a masterpiece and if they can get widescreen support that would be heavenly. Last time I played it was maybe 2 years ago and it's definitely still playable gameplay and graphic wise. If they did touch it up a bit besides adding widescreen though, that'd be incredible.

StuBurns

Banned
There won't be any 'touching up' of FF7/8, they use very low res prerendered backgrounds and movies. They will look no better than they ever have.

There won't be any 'touching up' of FF7/8, they use very low res prerendered backgrounds and movies. They will look no better than they ever have.
There's a lot of 3D stuff too like the overworld and characters. Obviously the prerendered backgrounds won't get changed, but they already looked really good. Character/monster model improvements would be great.

StuBurns

Banned
There's a lot of 3D stuff too like the overworld and characters. Obviously the prerendered backgrounds won't get changed, but they already looked really good. Character/monster model improvements would be great.

I think overall that would do more harm than good.

It's inconsistent enough as it is, but making the 3D assets better, while retaining these backgrounds:

ffviiivoodoo30nk.jpg

Would look pretty terrible. I always thought the PS1 versions actually looked better because of that, the game's resolution was inline with the prerendered assets, but on PC you had much nicer looking 3D over this blurry ass 2D.

Although this makes me want MGS1 on Steam. The PC version of that was pretty great, although it was missing some effects, most notably motion blur.

Yes, maintaining consistency would be more important than having perfect 3D models when it comes to the prerendered parts. The overworld could use some touching up however, because it's the worst part of the game. It looks incredibly shitty compared to the prerendered parts. An improvement of it would help with consistency. I'm expecting nothing more than widescreen support though really. Anything beyond that would be too much work for them I imagine.

Binabik15

I would've bought Fear and maybe the sequel, but clicking on it gives me a blank page. Stam, at least make deals us Germans can't buy invisible to us as you usually do.

Pretty boring sale so far. Except for a few AAA bro shooters I already have pretty much all I want, so I'll survive.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Deus Ex has the worst unfixable aliasing I have seen for over 5 years. That's quite an accomplishment and utterly hideous. Not sure I'll play this until I can find a fix for it. I think I remember nVidia cards having a way to force it, so maybe I'll play when I switch to one of those.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
yup! the site put up the "Steam" label as well!
Steam current price is 29.99USD, wonder if there will be a deal price

Haha yeah I just noticed the label right after I posted, I highly doubt it will be cheaper in the Steam sale, at least I hope not :p

Does Getgamesgo support Paypal? I can't seem to find the option. I know it's a legit site and all but I am a bit squeamish about leaving my credit card details on sites if I don't have to.

yup they support PayPal ^^

I see the Paypal logo on the site homepage, but when I click buy now for SS3, it takes me to a page where it asks for my credit card details anyway. There's no option for Paypal it seems. I wonder if they restrict Paypal for certain regions or something like that.

Aselith

I see the Paypal logo on the site homepage, but when I click buy now for SS3, it takes me to a page where it asks for my credit card details anyway. There's no option for Paypal it seems. I wonder if they restrict Paypal for certain regions or something like that.

It defaults to UK. If you switch it to the Rest of the World it has paypal option and you can still use a UK address (or not if you're elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom