• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Was busy yesterday so finally going through the deals right now for yesterday.

KOTOR is intriguing, but I somehow got a ghetto IGN version a few years back and that shit would never run on my ATI Card. I always got like sub 10 fps outdoors in the main city on the 1st planet with my 48XX series card.

What's the deal with Battlefront II? Would that be worth it?

Dungeon Siege 3, can it be redeemed on Steam?

What's the judgment on this game, does it worth 5 dollars and does it have a decent online community?

It defaults to UK. If you switch it to the Rest of the World it has paypal option and you can still use a UK address (or not if you're elsewhere)

Yep this worked. When I tried to buy, it sent me back to the page where I had to enter my credit card details. Then I clicked the back button and it sent me to a page where it only wanted my address. Entered that and clicked next and it took me to my checkout page with the Paypal option. Only thing is the price was increased from 10$ to 12$. Is that because I'm not in the UK or did they just increase the price for everyone?

Shit, I am so tempted to grab the Dawn of War 2 Complete Pack + the Complete DLC Bundle right now. But then I will only have 50 cents left in my Steam wallet :/

Minsc

Gold Member
i should have bought Serious Sam 3 immediately :O

Unless it goes on sale for 75% off in the DD, it will still be cheaper at $11.99, a 66% sale would only bring the price on Steam to $13.19 or so. Even in the unlikely scenario it goes at 75% off it'd only have matched that $9.99 price, so the people who got it for that really have nothing to worry about.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
DS3 for $5 is worth it IMO. Never played online so can't answer that, but I had fun with the game.
I'd definitely get it for $5. Hearing about JEYNE KASSYNDER isn't as bad as seeing all these jaggies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Why exactly aren't you using FXAA?
I have tried with and without. Aliasing looks even worse with that globby shit on it. And yes, all it's doing is adding globby shit to the aliasing (and textures), it's not getting rid of it one bit.

This is basically how it goes:

ibaUU4U5zmennz.png
ipMOD1HtuHysC.png

PaulLFC

Very tempting, but I'm in the UK. For any UK Gaffers who've ordered from Amazon.com before, is it as simple as just adding a US address to your address book on your.co.uk account, and then checking out with your UK-registered card? Surprised Amazon don't check the billing address to be honest!

Ifrit

Anyone doing a Terraria 4 pack? I'd like to join, can't host it though

EDIT: Steam forums seem to be down

hthevigilante1.png

So, professor: would you say it's time for everyone to panic?

EDIT2: They're up again, so I guess no

Ledsen

Very tempting, but I'm in the UK. For any UK Gaffers who've ordered from Amazon.com before, is it as simple as just adding a US address to your address book on your.co.uk account, and then checking out with your UK-registered card? Surprised Amazon don't check the billing address to be honest!

Yep that easy.

So what's the word on Solar 2? I remember seeing the Giantbomb quicklook of it and thinking it looked interesting, but I haven't really heard anything since.

Danj

So what's the word on Solar 2? I remember seeing the Giantbomb quicklook of it and thinking it looked interesting, but I haven't really heard anything since.

It's surprisingly good fun. Plus it's an achievement game and it's cheap, so I think that makes it a no brainer. Certainly I got it last night and really enjoyed playing.

wilflare

It's surprisingly good fun. Plus it's an achievement game and it's cheap, so I think that makes it a no brainer. Certainly I got it last night and really enjoyed playing.

time flies when you go around absorbing things :O
grab Solar 2, worth it

Does Star Wars: Battlefront II have any kind of online community? I'm considering getting it, but only if there are people playing it online.

It's not massive, but there are always people playing it. All the steam sales seem to have also bumped it up since Battlefront 2 always is on sale for each steam sale. Jedi Academy still has players playing online as well even.

Fox1304

Me & a buddy missed the daily deal on Frozen Synapse ...
Anybody having one ( or two ) spare copies and willing to share them for the sale price ?
Would be very nice !

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Does Star Wars: Battlefront II have any kind of online community? I'm considering getting it, but only if there are people playing it online.

We share a similar mindset it seems. I'm worried post sale people will just stop playing again though so I haven't pulled the trigger. :/

I've been losing my connection to Steam during the evenings when playing Dungeon Defenders, but nothing when trying to launch games.

It turns out Sonic Generations needs to update before I can launch it. The problem is my internet is slow as are the Steam servers so it took a long time for it to launch the update window. I feel like I'm on a PS3.

Sarcasm

It turns out Sonic Generations needs to update before I can launch it. The problem is my internet is slow as are the Steam servers so it took a long time for it to launch the update window. I feel like I'm on a PS3.

Try your download location as Ukraine.

I live in Taiwan and I get the best download speeds set up that way.

2.6mb/s

lol

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Serious Sam 3 for $12 ... well, sure, not like my backlog isn't already completely out of control. Let's add some more.

We share a similar mindset it seems. I'm worried post sale people will just stop playing again though so I haven't pulled the trigger. :/

The game always had fans playing it still, not a ton of people, but enough often for a few full servers. The sales in the recent years have improved it a bit. Even on Xbox the game had ppl still playing it years after 360 came out.

Can I somehow get in trouble for changing my download location?

No, it's not like changing the country of the store. In theory you should pick the location closest to you to get the fastest speeds, but sometimes you can get faster speeds from more remote, less trafficked locations.

Aselith

Does Rock of Ages play using the right stick for movement and left stick for camera for everyone else? The layout in the menu shows the opposite and obviously that would be preferable but my game doesn't seem to play that way? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom