• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'll go in with 3 others for a Terraria pack...

Fitz

Anyone able to get onto Rusty Hearts? I registered an account this morning but still haven't gotten a confirmation email.

Neiteio

If I get Lara Croft off Amazon, is it Steamworks and redeemable on Steam so it's added to my library like all of the other games, tab and all? It's the main game I've been waiting for on the Steam sales.

Rufus

Yes. Nobody has gotten into trouble over it as far as we know. Unlikely that there are going to be repercussions.

If I get Lara Croft off Amazon, is it Steamworks and redeemable on Steam so it's added to my library like all of the other games, tab and all? It's the main game I've been waiting for on the Steam sales.
It's Steamworks. Yes.

DOA

i think it would be great if we could have also craft coupons into other stuff, i've already got this:
50% valve
33% valve

and the best... valve complete pack.

maybe like - craft 4 coupons... get 1 useless game

Fitz

Instead of having these mostly useless coupons, they should have only had Golden Coupons, Games and Coal, but then just make the Coupons/Games more rare and possibly increase the number of coal required to craft a gift.

ahhh crap STILL debating Dawn of War 2 (standalone or the complete package)

i never played a DoW game but i usually do enjoy RTS games mostly...

damnit i have too many games, someone convince me to NOT buy this please ;(

ahhh crap STILL debating Dawn of War 2 (standalone or the complete package)

i never played a DoW game but i usually do enjoy RTS games mostly...

damnit i have too many games, someone convince me to NOT buy this please ;(

Retribution - Steamworks
The other two - Games for Windows Live

Just buy Retribution.

Echoes

Anything good to get from yesterday's sales? I got the new PoP and might get Solar 2. What about Disciples? The metacritic score scared me off. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Feep! Congrats man. You gave me your game for free, so I'm gifting 4 people. You deserve all the love, and then more. <3

Domstercool

Dungeon Defenders will be 75% off today it seems.

hope you’re enjoying this holiday season, because we’re about to make it even better! A ton of people were lucky enough to catch Dungeon Defenders on Steam for 75% off a while back, and now, those who missed it have the same opportunity! Dungeon Defenders has been 50% off since December 20th, but today and for one day only, Steam has Dungeon Defenders and some of its DLC at 75% off yet again! You have to hurry if you want to get in on this sweet deal; again, TODAY ONLY! If you miss it, though, don’t worry – it’ll still be 50% off through January 2nd.

Neiteio

I actually started installing and playing some of my Steam backlog awhile ago and it's amazing, these games are even more fun when you play them instead of just looking at their tabs all lined up in grid mode.

Just snagged Lara Croft for $2.49 on Amazon and activated on Steam. So far, between Amazon, Humble Bundle and Steam sales, I've added the following to my Steam library this month:

- And Yet It Moves
- Bastion
- Batman: Arkham Asylum
- Bit.Trip Runner
- Bulletstorm
- Cave Story
- Cogs
- Crayon Physics Deluxe
- Gratuitous Space Battles
- Half-Life 2
- HL2 Ep. 1
- HL2 Ep. 2
- HL2 Lost Coast
- HL2 Deathmatch
- HL Deathmatch
- Hammerfight
- Jamestown
- Just Cause 2
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
- LEGO Batman: The Videogame
- Night Sky
- Prince of Persia 2008
- Rock of Ages
- Shank
- Sonic Generations
- VVVVVV

...all for little more than the retail price of a single new PS3 game. I got many of these gems with their soundtracks as well. Chose to pay $15 for Humble Bundle #4 (which includes #3) and it was well worth it.

Standouts so far are Jamestown, Sonic Generatons, Bastion and BULLETSTORM. Oh goodness, Bulletstorm is classic two hours in. I hear it's less inspired later on but the core leash/slide/kick/skillshot gameplay is incredible on its own.

Tomodachi

I actually started installing and playing some of my Steam backlog awhile ago and it's amazing, these games are even more fun when you play them instead of just looking at their tabs all lined up in grid mode.
Wha-?

So that's what that button "PLAY" is for.

My PC gaming brothers and sisters, do not support Ubisoft, spend your money on PC developers that care about us.

Sorry, man. I dig Assassin's Creed. And if I can get the best version of Revelations for less cost than the inferior versions, I'm going to do it.

It would be nice if it were better optimized with less shitty DRM. Then I might be more inclined to "day one" these games, but I'm still going to buy the best version, which is still the PC version if you have a decent rig.

coopolon

60% off Assassins creed pack
75% off Assassins creed
50% off Brotherhood
25% off Revelations

Just 50% off Brotherhood? I guess they decided they were giving it too much of a discount earlier this year and refuse to go that low again for awhile. Super bummed outa bout that, was really hoping for 66% or better yet 75%. Should have gotten it when it was 75% off earlier this year on Amazon but I figured Steam would for sure get that price during the Xmas sale.

thefil

Just 50% of Brotherhood? I guess they decided they were giving it too much of a discount earlier this year and refuse to go that low again for awhile. Super bummed outa bout that, was really hoping for 66% or better yet 75%. Should have gotten it when it was 75% off earlier this year on Amazon but I figured Steam would for sure get that price during the Xmas sale.

Yeah, I was hoping we would see the ACII style 6 dollar sale.

Oh well, I'll play your game Ubi. We'll see who can hold out longer.

Prelithe

Whoever wished for Dead Space 2 at 75%, its here :)

- Tomb Raider Franchise 75% off
- Machinarium 75% off
- Dead Space Series 75% off
- Revenge of the Titans 75% off
- Dungeon Defenders 75% off

PaulLFC

60% off Assassins creed pack
75% off Assassins creed
50% off Brotherhood
25% off Revelations
lol Ubisoft. What an awful discount on Brotherhood considering Revelations is out and what other top games have been selling for this sale. I was really looking forward to a good sale on AC games so I could buy some, but there's no way I'm paying 15 quid just for Brotherhood.

Unless that AC pack is a very good price they won't be getting any money from me today. Hope there's some other good sales.

PaulLFC

Brotherhood is 66% off. My apologies, Ubisoft. That's a bit better.

AC2 75% (£3.75)
Brotherhood 66% (£10.19)
Revelations 25% (£22.49)

No page up for the complete pack as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom