• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

Holy shit revenge of the titans is HARD.

I once made it with just one huge yeti left, but absolutely no money :( he killed my base... :(

So what the hell is with this?

I love those pictures, I should read the text too. Todays:

There has been a dramatic rise in snow people assassinations this holiday season. We believe this is the work of a professional. An eye witness to one of the tragic scenes reports that “He stabbed them in the head with blades in his arms. Blades coming out of his arms I tell you! It was crazy! Then he just ran off and jumped in a haystack. He may still be there but I’d be careful about checking it.” Please be on the look out for anybody wearing what has been described as “a really cool bathrobe with a hood”. If you see this individual please call the authorities as soon as possible and do not approach him.

scy

The Tomb Raider titles are actually good? Maybe I should buy one of them while they're on sale then.

SPAZ is a little hard to get into, but once you do it's an awesome game. I was all "fuck yeah Santa, eat that shit and poop that elf out."

What?

Ifrit

Oh fuck it, I'm buying Terraria alone.

Is worth it, right? Is the Single Player fun?

Less than an hour to change my mind

filipe

Oh fuck it, I'm buying Terraria alone.

Is worth it, right? Is the Single Player fun?

Less than an hour to change my mind

I'm always looking for people to play with it, so far it's been a solo experience but I love it. I bought it at launch and think it's a great game. Steam is Snack Pack.

Talyn

The desc of the Section 8 4-pack is confusing: "Includes four copies of Section 8: Prejudice and the DLCs - Send the extra copies to your friends." Does that mean all 4 of them include the DLC? If so, that's an insane deal.

Baha

The desc of the Section 8 4-pack is confusing: "Includes four copies of Section 8: Prejudice and the DLCs - Send the extra copies to your friends." Does that mean all 4 of them include the DLC? If so, that's an insane deal.

Each copy includes the DLC.

frogg609

I got a copy of Witcher Enhanced Edition, which I already own on disc. If anyone is interested in trading, PM me. I'd rather get a game than a coupon or coal. :)

naib

Nothing I really want on sale today, any opinions on

Revenge of the Titans
Machinarium
and SPAZ?
Can't speak to the rest yet. But Machinarium is a fantastic game if you like adventure puzzle games. The atmosphere is awesome.

Probably going to grab Titans for sure, but on the fence for SPAZ.

rac

Banned
I got a 50% off any rockstar game coupon. Would I be able to use that on the next gta
if it comes out on pc
?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Why is Dead Space still $20 normally? Shouldn't it be a bit less since DS2 is $20? Weird.

Xzior

Wish I just got the coal.

Edit: Wait that means I can still get RDR when that comes out. It was released way before 2012.

Well, that depends on what they mean with released. Most probably it means it must be released on PC and/or Steam before 02/01/12.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
How is Two World and Two Worlds II? How is the story in the games? Do you need to complete the first to understand the 2nd?
Call me crazy, but I played TW1 for about 80 hours, had a lot of fun with the weapon stacking and just exploring the world. TW2 is much more polished, but I only played it for around 25 hours. First one is janky as hell but it has a goofy charm.

Edit: Story is shit in both of them. Don't remember how connected the stories are.

Anniversary is a remake of Tomb Raider 1 and comes before Legend chronologically.

Regardless he already owns Anniversary, so instead he should swap legend with Guardian of Light.

I thought the end of Anniversary takes place after the events in Legend. I know it's a remake of TR1, but I really don't remember the stuff at the end of Anniversary being in TR1. Anyway, the worst of the three is still decent. I finished Underworld a couple of weeks ago and had a good time.

Bumhead

Banned
Are there any "easy" achievements from today?

Tried the Revenge of the Titans one but that's rock hard. How easy would the Sanctum and TF2 achievements be for someone who doesn't really play much TF2 and who has never played (but owns) Sanctum?

Tried the Revenge of the Titans one but that's rock hard. How easy would the Sanctum and TF2 achievements be for someone who doesn't really play much TF2 and who has never played (but owns) Sanctum?

The tf2 achievement can be done with no problem in less than 5 minutes. Just enable developer console in the settings (under the advanced setting option) and make your own server.

Open the console (press ~) and type
mp_disable_respawn_times 1 and;
bind k kill
Now just press K over and over until you get 3 presents.

Also the SPAZ achievement has to be past the first warp gate I think. I was going around killing UTA patrol missions in the tutorial section and wasn't getting any cookie drops. Went past my first warp gate and now I get cookies for santa all the time.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

Sanctum is easy. Did it in 10 minutes. Just play christmas map and collect dropped presents. Don't have to do it in one game either.

wutwutwut

The Sanctum achievement is simple enough, took 20 minutes to get. Be sure to knock down the Santa when he appears, that's 5 gifts by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom