• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might buy the Tomb Raider games just to have them on Steam rather than on disc. Such good games, an utter steal if you don't have them already.

cicero

Are there any region issues with buying Serious Sam from GetGames? I'm in the US

I am in the US and just ordered it without any problems whatsoever. Email with Steam activation code came immediately, and it activated without a hitch.

Thanks BTW to those who mentioned, and kept mentioning, this great deal. My hat is off to you good sirs.

wilflare

hmm seems like there's a Deluxe version of Serious Sam 3
Classic versions Serious Sam: First and Second Encounter (giftable if you already own them on Steam)
Exclusive Making-Of Serious Sam 3: BFE Video
Timed Exclusive Brett Sanderson Headless Kamikaze Multiplayer Character
Timed Exclusive DLC: Sniper Scope for AS-24 "Devastator" Weapon

Complete Collection of High-Res Serious Sam 3: BFE Trailers and Game Videos
Official Sound Track Composed by Damjan Mravunac and Undercode
Digital Artbook, High-Res Posters and Box Art

lol.. anything to cry about?

Im_Special

Any opinions on these?

rutZe.jpg

I'm thinking of removing SPAZ since there is a lot of mixed feelings about the game, and its indie so it will probable show up in some indie bundle eventually. Do the two Tome Raider games and Dead Space 1 hold up, are they good PC ports, and does everything runs smoothly on windows 7, etc? No hidden DRM that I'm missing? Basically I'm just looking for an excuse to cut something, 16$+ and it starts to become not so impulse buy, and turns me into a cheap bastard.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Any opinions on these?

rutZe.jpg

I'm thinking of removing SPAZ since there is a lot of mixed feelings about the game, and its indie so it will probable show up in some indie bundle eventually. Do the two Tome Raider games and Dead Space 1 hold up, are they good PC ports, and does everything runs smoothly on windows 7, etc? No hidden DRM that I'm missing? Basically I'm just looking for an excuse to cut something, 16$+ and it starts to become not so impulse buy, and turns me into a cheap bastard.

Keep SPAZ and swap Tomb Raider Legend with Anniversary. Anniversary is 50x the game Legend is.

1-D_FTW

Any opinions on these?

rutZe.jpg

Dead Space is an amazing game.

Just be sure to disable v-sync in the menus (this will get rid of the 30fps lock). And use D3Overider to enable triple buffering.

Ifrit

Any opinions on these?

rutZe.jpg

Just played Dead Space and Legend last year and they're awesome, Dead Space in particular is just godly

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
But Legend is the start of the trilogy with Anniversary in the middle. And Legend was decent enough. Anniversary is better but it'll be on sale again.

Anniversary is a remake of Tomb Raider 1 and comes before Legend chronologically.

Regardless he already owns Anniversary, so instead he should swap legend with Guardian of Light.

Im_Special

Anniversary is a remake of Tomb Raider 1 and comes before Legend chronologically.

Regardless he already owns Anniversary, so instead he should swap legend with Guardian of Light.

Already own Guardians of Light as well. the 2 Tome Raider games I don't own yet are in that picture.

BigAT

Any opinions on these?

http://i.imgur.com/rutZe.jpg[IMG]

I'm thinking of removing SPAZ since there is a lot of mixed feelings about the game, and its indie so it will probable show up in some indie bundle eventually. Do the two Tome Raider games and Dead Space 1 hold up, are they good PC ports, and does everything runs smoothly on windows 7, etc? No hidden DRM that I'm missing? Basically I'm just looking for an excuse to cut something, 16$+ and it starts to become not so impulse buy, and turns me into a cheap bastard.[/QUOTE]

No idea about how the PC port is since I played it on 360, but Dead Space is absolutely awesome. You should definitely play it.

Im_Special

No idea about how the PC port is since I played it on 360, but Dead Space is absolutely awesome. You should definitely play it.

Yeah Dead Space 1 seems to be a lock, Only heard good thing, other then the vsync issues it has with the mouse, but apparently there's a fix for it.

Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for me today.

I'm thinking about S.P.A.Z. and Revenge of the Titans but the achievements look like a pain to complete and I will not be able to dedicate the time to properly play either game for a while.

Ifrit

Is pretty much exactly the same except at higher resolution and a locked 60fps, if your machine can handle it, which it should

Yeah Dead Space 1 seems to be a lock, Only heard good thing, other then the vsync issues it has with the mouse, but apparently there's a fix for it.

I fixed it by playing it with a controller

hlhbk

How is Two World and Two Worlds II? How is the story in the games? Do you need to complete the first to understand the 2nd?

Danj

Got a 25% off Activision coupon for cheesing the TF2 achievement. Think I might get Sanctum, how big is it (in MB/GB)? I'm getting near the monthly bandwidth limit.

thinking of finally getting into the AC series...

should i get AssCreed 1 just for the hell? Is it a good PC port? how long is the game if i wanna do a quick run through to get ready for 2...?

Sober

Got a 25% off Activision coupon for cheesing the TF2 achievement. Think I might get Sanctum, how big is it (in MB/GB)? I'm getting near the monthly bandwidth limit.
Don't have any of the DLC, it's 1.45GB (though I guess the xmas one is pretty much patched in)

Okay for those that need it I am available for US pricing help for a while. Just drop me a PM. I don't know how much its needed today but I am here for ya.

Any opinions on these?

rutZe.jpg

Which Tomb Raider game's the best? Haven't played one since the PSX.

Anniversary is best than legend and underworld, although they are both decent games. If you can get only one, get anniversary, if not Underworld too.

Dead Space is a really great action/horror game.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
How is Two World and Two Worlds II? How is the story in the games? Do you need to complete the first to understand the 2nd?

I played Two Worlds 2 on PS3 about two months ago. Turned it off and sold it after an hour. It is the 2nd worst game I have played in the last decade.

I played Two Worlds on 360 when it was released. Turned it off and sold it after 30 minutes. It is the worst game I have played in the last decade.

Could just be me. But I thought there were no redeeming factors in either game. Graphics, music, storyline, gameplay - everything was horrific. And I went into each hyped up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom