• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Revenge of the Titans or Dungeon Defenders any good?

RotT looks better in videos than in screenshots. I already picked up three tower defense games during this sale though.
Dungeon Defenders... well, I downloaded a demo but the game refuses to launch unless I install some weird AMD CPU driver thing, I'm on Intel.

Tomb Raider Underworld worth $5?
Yes. It's sort of a sequel to both Anniversary and Legend though so you might want to play those first, though Underworld does come with some "Previously on Tomb Raider" videos.

Underworld is definitely the most pretty of the three, and also the one with the most amount of glitches.

inky

Somehow I've had good luck getting games instead of coupons (Orange Box, DoD: S, Steel Storm, Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, The Witcher, M&B) but all have been either games I have or don't really want. Oh well.

kswiston

I'm disappointed that Clash of Heroes has not been featured in a daily yet. That is the last game that I really hoped to pick up during the sale.

I am sitting at around $40 so far for the sale. I had set a limit of $50 for myself, and considering that there are only 3 more sets of dailies (assuming the Jan 1st is a best of version), I should be able to keep under my limit. Game of Thrones (on Amazon) for $10 and Sonic Generations for $10 were my two impulse buys of the year.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
SS HD Today. w00t!

Alright, I only have these games left that I was hoping to pick up during a daily deal:

Might And Magic: Heroes VI
Might And Magic: Clash Of Heroes
Dead Island
Civ V GOTY

Come on Steam!

This! OMG THIS! WTB THIS ON DAILY DEAL ASAP!!

vazel

Banned
Got SS3 from getgames. Only thing left I want to buy is Lego Indiana Jones. It's been a good haul.
Somehow I've had good luck getting games instead of coupons (Orange Box, DoD: S, Steel Storm, Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, The Witcher, M&B) but all have been either games I have or don't really want. Oh well.
Go into the trading thread to get something you want. I traded Orange Box and CS:S for Two Worlds 2 and couldn't be happier.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm disappointed that Clash of Heroes has not been featured in a daily yet. That is the last game that I really hoped to pick up during the sale.

Yeah, CoH is probably my most wanted sale right now. I've been wanting to play that game since it came out for the DS, but I keep putting it off. Ubisoft need to stop being dicks and finally put it on sale.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yeah, CoH is probably my most wanted sale right now. I've been wanting to play that game since it came out for the DS, but I keep putting it off. Ubisoft need to stop being dicks and finally put it on sale.

Thing is it's on sale right now which means they are down with a sale price, and that gives us a chance at a daily. It just might not have come up yet.

Here's to hoping anyways!!

Nelo Ice

Banned
Damn, well, Steam hasn't made its rounds yet, so hopefully they will be $10 a pop (or less...?) when they show up in the daily deals.

Well Amazons been kicking Steam's ass for most deals and they're both $50 normally. Biggest discount you'll see is 75% off.

Javaman

space pirates and zombies (SPAZ) for $2.49 is hella good. bought!
Saaaweet, I've been waiting for that to pop up. Definitely going to get that when I get home. Ignore the naysayers about Dungeon Defenders. I'm loving that game and have almost 150hrs in it. Sure there's some late game balance issues (needs far too much grinding) but the variety of challenges, free holiday maps, diablo type loot system with leveling really made the game for me. Every once in a while i'd hit a wall, but by changing my strategy and trying different characters I've always been able to push through. Almost got all the charcters leveled up now.

Gileadxv

Banned
Just a heads up that SS3 is $12 at GetGames and registers in Steam

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/serious-sam-3-bfe

Bought it from there earlier today myself, so can confirm it works in Steam.

Finally got to get the site to work and purchased Serious Sam 3 for 11.99! Thank you for the heads up! I've wanted this game for a long time and now finally at a price I could afford (although even at full price it seemed pretty reasonable) :D

I am looking for someone to help gift me Dead Space 2 - from what I understand, wilflare wasn't able?

Would be much appreciated.

My SteamID is teowind - feel free to add me, I'll be on later. Thanks in advance.

InertiaXr

Deal already expired but it was up for like 2 or 3 days, mentiond here and I posted a thread about it lol.

Ah well maybe Dead Island will be included in the 'best selling 2011 games' Amazon is doing in January, I have a few $5 credits from other purchases this holiday sale I would be able to use.

If I had to choose one: Solar 2 or SPAZ? And why?

SPAZ is more of a game then Solar 2. Upgrades for your ship, lots of missions etc etc. Top down space exploration-

Solar 2 is more more zen like, start as a small planet, pick up smaller rocks, grow, become a star. Keeps going until you're a black hole or similar heavy stellar objects. Have some missions too but not as much.

SPAZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbikOfUFcxI

Solar 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHqA3ZBU-2o

My recommendation, BUY BOTH.

BlueMagic

Anyone wants to trade something for Alien vs Preadator?
Preferably for something like Dungeon Defenders!

I also have discounts for Napoleon Total War, Tiny Bang Story, SpaceChem and Lost Horizon, all form -50% or even more.

cicero

Really, where? Civ 5 GOTY has been $16 for multiple days for me and Dead Island is coming up as $26. Do I need some kind of super secret code?

You just have to check their site and the Amazon Digital Deals thread on GAF for deals like those. They were also mentioned here in this thread numerous times. Sorry you missed them.

The description for Two Worlds II is so geeky it almost makes me not want to unpack the game. :)

"A breathtaking journey into Antaloor's past. After the downfall of Aziraal, God of Fire, the Dark Lord Gandohar has nearly achieved his objective to disrupt the balance between the elements. Dark magic surges into the land to fill the void."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom