• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

Wondering the same thing myself, from what I heard the first one was pretty dead soon after release.

The problem with the first game was it was a full retail $60 release so no one bought it until it was too late. Prejudice doesn't quite have the same problem, since it launched at $15, but from what I gathered the community is still pretty small from the bit I played of it. Sales like this bump up the player base enough that it will be worth it if you jump in relatively soon as the multiplayer that is there is actually pretty good! But don't expect to find a thriving community if you wait 2 or 3 months to get around to playing it.

Is Sonic 3 and Knuckles a good port on steam?

It's pretty much a straight ROM dump wrapped in an emulator shell with quicksave and whatnot, so.. yes?

hylje

Oh man. Revenge of the Titans achievement felt like an... achievement.
Also I'm still holding strong on these sales! Only bought 3 Terraria and Battlefront II as a gift.

Oreoleo

The tf2 achievement can be done with no problem in less than 5 minutes. Just make your own server and enable developer console in the settings (under the advanced setting option) and then kill yourself over and over.

Open the console (press ~) and type
mp_disable_respawn_times 1 and;
bind k kill
Now just press K over and over until you get 3 presents.

I can't be certain of this, but I suspect this doesn't work flawlessly. There are a load of people on the SPUF TF2 forum complaining that their alt/idle accounts unlocked the achievement, but didn't register with the Great Gift Pile. The same happened for me, but once I went online and got a gift from an actual enemy (as per the wording in the achievement - as opposed to getting them from your own dead body), it registered with GGP. Take that for what you will.

I can't be certain of this, but I suspect this doesn't work flawlessly. There are a load of people on the SPUF TF2 forum complaining that their alt/idle accounts unlocked the achievement, but didn't register with the Great Gift Pile. The same happened for me, but once I went online and got a gift from an actual enemy (as per the wording in the achievement), it registered with GGP. Take that for what you will.

Unless they changed it recently it should work. It was the first achievement I did today once the daily tasks went live.

EDIT: My brother just got the achievement by killing himself in his own server.

Javaman

The problem with the first game was it was a full retail $60 release so no one bought it until it was too late. Prejudice doesn't quite have the same problem, since it launched at $15, but from what I gathered the community is still pretty small from the bit I played of it. Sales like this bump up the player base enough that it will be worth it if you jump in relatively soon as the multiplayer that is there is actually pretty good! But don't expect to find a thriving community if you wait 2 or 3 months to get around to playing it.

It's pretty much a straight ROM dump wrapped in an emulator shell with quicksave and whatnot, so.. yes?
Thankfully it's got semi-decent bot support. I prefer playing that anyways rather the trying to break into a crowd who have been playing the game for years. All games should include that.

Just bought Machinarium, been meaning to try it for a while, hopefully it's good.

Is it similar to Limbo? Cause i fucking loved Limbo.

No, not at all. Machinarium is a point & click adventure game. Still very good, though.
Rather than having physics based problems, Machinarium is more of standing still and thinking about the problem at hand.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So many people who've been kind this holiday sale, just wanted to thank them all:

Wilflare
xenoflux
Mr Elysia
RoaringHawk
areobloust
vocab
JDS
Ween(erz)
jim-jam bongs
amrod
Mr Orange/mabz
Easton
Shintoki
Steel
Ink(y)
Starbeh
RelaxMX
C_H_T
HK
Twinduct
Nelo Ice
Cockwhistle
SkunkyLee
Shaneus

Few of these are friends from GAF chat, lurkers or I don't know their GAF names. If I forgot anyone I apologize. Just wanted to thank everyone I could remember for the Christmas gifts/help/friendship and to say I've received more than enough. Share the love.

sol_bad

Can anyone please inform me how much Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Serious Sam 3 and Homefront are on the American store?

Greatly appreciated.

heh, just won the Orange Box

that's three games I've won so far

I just crafted my 7 coal and got....nothing? There's nothing new in my inventory. Guess Steam's a little borked right now.

Check your TF2 inventory, it's been reported that some people have crafted a TF2 hat, either a Scrooge Hat, a Santa Hat, or a Present Box Hat

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Revenge of the Titans is cute as hell, but it's nearly unplayable.

I can't grasp the technique required to play a game where i'm not supposed to put the goddamn turrets near the path, however, the TItans don't follow the path at all.

Sometimes I put a scarecrow to scare them away from my guns, which is ok. But then a couple waves after, for no reason, they'll either get really close to the scarecrow or RUN AWAY to the other side of the screen. And then the turrents won't reach them.

I can't play this.

Derrick01

Banned
Check your TF2 inventory, it's been reported that some people have crafted a TF2 hat, either a Scrooge Hat, a Santa Hat, or a Present Box Hat

Well shit you're right, I crafted a B.M.O.C.

Just when I thought I couldn't get worst gifts than these awful coupons I get a non tradeable item for a game I don't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom