• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Anybody here looking at getting a copy of Nation Red but hasn't obliged yet? I have a spare left from a four pack and wouldn't mind trading it for a copy of Garshasp (which is the same price as a single Nation Red).

So if someone's never played a Lara Croft game (besides Guardian of Light...which is the reason I want to try the rest), what would be the best ones? I see Anniversary and Legends support controllers; but Underworld strangely doesn't say anything about it, but I know sometimes they do support controllers. Is it the case with Underworld?

Artofwar420

So if someone's never played a Lara Croft game (besides Guardian of Light...which is the reason I want to try the rest), what would be the best ones? I see Anniversary and Legends support controllers, but Underworld strangely doesn't say anything about it, but I know sometimes they do support controllers. Is it the case with Underworld?

Anniversary I guess, then the rest. Someone might have a different opinion.

MNC

Revenge of the Titans is cute as hell, but it's nearly unplayable.

I can't grasp the technique required to play a game where i'm not supposed to put the goddamn turrets near the path, however, the TItans don't follow the path at all.

Sometimes I put a scarecrow to scare them away from my guns, which is ok. But then a couple waves after, for no reason, they'll either get really close to the scarecrow or RUN AWAY to the other side of the screen. And then the turrents won't reach them.

I can't play this.

Use scanners to enlarge their range. And they learn from scarecrows. They know it's a fake in the later waves. The later enemies also have armor (which isn't visible on the yeti's) so put stronger guns in the place.

I'm in the last wave and I hope I'm gonna make it. This achievement made me play the game alot more and I actually like it now. There's quite alot of towers and enhancements to choose from. Cloak is great.

edit: Holy shit I made it. That was one tough cookie.

MRORANGE

achievements solutions for today:

FfOxV.png

28th December

Team Fortress 2
• Valve Gift Grab 2011 – TF2
Collect three gifts dropped by opponents.
SOLUTION: same as DOD:source but use rockets or type "kill" in console.

Space Pirates and Zombies
• Santa's Little Helper
Feed Santa so much milk and cookies, that an elf falls off his sleigh
SOLUTION: youtube link

Revenge of the Titans
• DRUNKEN FAMILY ARGUMENT
Hurrah! Christmas is finally over!
SOLUTION: youtube guide

Serious Sam 3: BFE
• Christmas In Cairo
Decorate the Christmas tree.
SOLUTION: youtube link

Dungeon Defenders
• Jingled All the Way
Delivered all the presents, and saved Santa Tavernkeep from the vile clutches of Mega-Snowman!
SOLUTION: longe one, youtube guide

Sanctum
• Festivus for the rest of us
Collect 10 presents.
SOLUTION: get the Christmas DLC (free!) and collect the presents in xmas map, shoot Santa from the presents to collect 5 presents.​

prob asked before, but how does applyign coupons work? I have 25% off Serious Sam 3 and want to apply it to the sale price but when I take it all the way up to the credit card info, it still shows regular price...?

f0rk

I only played a couple of hours of Dead Space and thought it was all right but didn't finish it obviously, is Dead Space 2 good even if you didn't finish the first?

eemijun

Neo Member
Finally got my first gift out of 21 achievements, and it's Revenge of the Titans (too bad I already have it, if anybody wants to trade, PM me)

MRORANGE

not exactly steam related (I miss that old thread), but I finally got this :D

WDDxo.jpg

Was worth waiting a month to get it, the comic book is huge, it's the size of my laptop :eek:

Trying to decide if I should get Two Worlds II or any of the other games in the series... Same thing with the Assassins' Creed games. I don't have enough space on my hard drive to install either of them, but if I get them now, maybe I'll be able to play them someday later...

Shaneus

Okay, I've changed my mind, so let's try this again: I have a spare copy of Nation Red from a four pack that I wouldn't mind swapping for SPAZ. Any takers? Both are the same price ATM.

Don't care if it was crafted from coal or whatever, I'd rather just have a game that I can play sitting in my Steam rather than one I can't!

BTW It looks a lot like Star Control. Is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom