• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Okay, I've changed my mind, so let's try this again: I have a spare copy of Nation Red from a four pack that I wouldn't mind swapping for SPAZ. Any takers? Both are the same price ATM.

Don't care if it was crafted from coal or whatever, I'd rather just have a game that I can play sitting in my Steam rather than one I can't!

BTW It looks a lot like Star Control. Is it?

Dangerous Waters for Nation Red.

Sober

I think I'll just give up on the Dungeon Defenders one, sounds like a lot of time investment to probably end up getting coal. I'll still play it but don't feel like gunning for it, it would just take all the fun out of the game.

won my first two games back-to-back doing holiday cheevs yesterday. i got Lucidity (which appears to be a puzzle-platformer with a cute art style) and then Space Pirates and Zombies. the latter title was actually on my wishlist, and i would have surely bought it as part of today's daily deals if i weren't so fortunate.

a couple gaffers on my friends list have Lucidity but i don't think i have read anything about it around here. i do tend to enjoy the genre though. hard not to be pleased with a stroke of luck like that.

Scythian

So I just got this game from the TF2 achievement:

ib23C2osnhjXUS.jpg

Never heard of it, but I'll give it a try. Assuming no one has any impressions about it, I'll just go in blind.

parasight

I can probably help some Gaffers out later tonight for the Dungeon Defenders one. I have 8 level 70+ guys, so we can just breeze through it on Medium. Steam ID: foolosophy

The M.O.B

Did the Revenge of the Titans chevo(with the savegame cheat) and got....................DUNGEONS - Steam Special Edition.

That's 3 games Gabe has graced me with now.

THANKS GABE.

Sanic

I've only purchased Railworks and Dead Island during this sale.

I feel powerful.

edit: Just crafted 7 more coal and got my 5th, (IL-2 Sturmovick, which is actually expensive!) game from all of this. I feel pretty lucky with that outcome, considering all of the coupons people are amassing.

CCF23

Anyone want to trade for my copy of Magicka? I'd like Poker Night. Willing to listen to other things for trade too, though.

I'll stop pimping my wares now. Just looking for someone to trade with me!

mannerbot

I can probably help some Gaffers out later tonight for the Dungeon Defenders one. I have 8 level 70+ guys, so we can just breeze through it on Medium. Steam ID: foolosophy

Ah, I would really like to be a part of this but my video card is busted atm and the replacement I ordered isn't coming in until tomorrow. x_X

Xzior

Got tired of seeing 30 pieces of coal in my inventory so I decided to do a little crafting. I'm so "happy" with the items I got 50% Swords and Soldiers HD, 50% STALKER: Clear Sky another 50% Rockstar Games and a copy of Killing Floor that I already own... "thanks" santa just what I really wanted... bah. I want my free stuff to be something I want :p

Piano

Banned
So I know I missed the daily deal on it but is EDGE any good? Looks kind of cool...

and is the Ball any good? Got it from one of the achievements.

Card Boy

Banned
Got tired of seeing 30 pieces of coal in my inventory so I decided to do a little crafting. I'm so "happy" with the items I got 50% Swords and Soldiers HD, 50% STALKER: Clear Sky another 50% Rockstar Games and a copy of Killing Floor that I already own... "thanks" santa just what I really wanted... bah. I want my free stuff to be something I want :p

What you want for Killing Floor?

I can trade you a choice between HIB2,3 or 4 and 4 Coal.

Ledsen

Got The Orange Box... anyone want to trade for the three Tomb Raiders? (not GoL)

Value is basically the same, you save a couple of bucks and we both get the Trade achievement.

PM me!

Xzior

What you want for Killing Floor?

I can trade you a choice between HIB2,3 or 4 and 4 Coal.

I guess HIB stands for the Humble Indie Bundle, if that's the case I might take the coal since I already have the bundles. Bu then again, getting more coal only to craft "crap" doesn't really appeal to me just now :p

Im_Special

Could anyone from the US help me out with buying Dungeon Siege III - $5 from Amazon.com? Canadian here and can't buy it : ( I'll Paypal immediately.

Got help, no need now.

coopolon

Using the savegame to the Revenge of the Titans achievement is really easy. You probably don't have to do anything but I did hit the freeze and berserk powerups (they are on the right hand side of the bottom menu) once the yeti got close to the bulk of towers.

Shaneus

Dangerous Waters for Nation Red.
No dice, thanks. Not the slightest bit interested in Dangerous Waters.

Worst case scenario I'll just buy SPAZ but when talking about trading $2.50 games, I'm not going to trade for something I don't want just for the sake of it :)

Javaman

Asking again on new page.
The character pack is a bit of a rip. It's only reskins with very little difference (minor ability changes). The holiday stuff was free if you activated it around the release (xmas still is). The eternia stuff can be gotten in a combo pack (the 4 expansions for $8 or so. I don't knnow if it's on sale right now) It's well worth the money since it adds a lot of new content. Most of it is veeery late game stuff though. I'm 120+ hrs in and can't beat the second round on the first map on nightmare. Bottom line is skip the characters (unless you really like the game), and get the rest if it's onsale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom