• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 50% off Portal 2, I'll do a long shot and ask if you want to trade it for any of the Tomb Raider games?

edit: oh maybe that comes to the same amount it was discounted already, never mind...

edit2: I'll just give it to you if you give me your Steam id.

edit3: lol you won't be able to use it until jan 2nd... nevermind again :)

Lol, yeah. But thanks for the offer anyway. :)

wilflare

am now awake.
if anyone needs gifting help once again, (except for EA games), drop me a PM with
(1) the link to the game
(2) your steam email :D

Fou-Lu

So, should I craft my coal or not? It seems almost impossible to win the contest, but then again I'll probably just get some more shitty coupons.

wilflare

Wow, you could have used that to get Rage for $7.50 during the daily. Maybe it will come back around. I'm thinking of picking it up if it does.

alternatively, buy the iD complete pack for 22.50 or something (is that allowed?)

bleh the DoW II complete Pack does not give you extra copies of games you already own

Hope Bioshock 2 is on sale soon, I want to gift it to my brother.

Same for Puzzle Agent 2, but that's guaranteed thanks to that new achievement I guess. I may even double dip Puzzle Agent 1 (bought it from Telltale some time ago).

I have had Sanctum for a while but I haven't played it much. I decided to reinstall it today and download the Christmas DLC for the achievement. Wow, it's really fun. Everyone should get it while it's on sale!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So yea, you know the skills a human requires to be good at Revenge of the Titans?

Those are the skills I completely and utterly lack in every regard.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So, should I craft my coal or not? It seems almost impossible to win the contest, but then again I'll probably just get some more shitty coupons.

Go over to the GAF community thread and see if you can trade your coal for a game. Even something cheap but good like Jamestown or Terraria would be worth it, since the likelihood of you getting something worthwhile from the coal is slim. I got excited and crafted only to get a 50% off TRAUMA coupon. :(

RiverBed

Banned
I am surprised to see Revelations and at such a discount to top it off. Hmm..anyone think they'll go crazy at the last day? It's the biggest selling day of the year for them, right?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So which of the Tomb Raider games is worth getting? I've pretty much only played the originals on PS1 and thought they were pretty fun aside from the tank controls

Anniversary and Guardian of Light are mandatory.

Legend is also good. I haven't played Underworld yet.

I am surprised to see Revelations and at such a discount to top it off. Hmm..anyone think they'll go crazy at the last day? It's the biggest selling day of the year for them, right?

The last day will probably be just be a best of day.

Games aren't going to be any cheaper than they are on daily deals.

Man, this achievement hunting game is more popular than the one in the summer. The Winter group is near 1.2 million subscribers. Summer group has less than 500,000. I think it never made it pass 700,000.

This is really tempting me to not save up on the coal and go ahead and craft it all. The odds of one coal winning out of 1.2 million is less than .01%, and that is if you are only going for getting the top five items on your wishlist.

That's basically the approach I'm taking. Yeah a lot of the coupons suck, but for me the gamble of crafting is more entertaining than the gamble of the contest would be. I've won a couple games that I was kind of interested in but probably wouldn't have bought otherwise, which is infinitely more than I probably would win in the contest.

Edit: Sweet, I just got Civ IV for doing the SPAZ achievement!

Greyvvolf

Well shit you're right, I crafted a B.M.O.C.
Just when I thought I couldn't get worst gifts than these awful coupons I get a non tradeable item for a game I don't play.
Does it say in your inventory that it's non-tradeable? I got lucky and crafted the B.M.O.C but it says it is tradeable in my inventory.

undecided

Do all of you really get better downloads with "Ukraine" selected as your location?

I was getting over 800KB/sec on "US - Denver" but 500KB/sec on "Ukraine" (15-20Mb Cable)

vazel

Banned
I played Rise of the Immortals for the achievement and I had a lot of fun with it and went on to play it for two hours. I was lucky to play with someone that helped me to learn the game. Apparently this is a DOTA clone. I have never played those types of games before. I'll be sure to be on the lookout for DOTA2 when it releases now.

mannerbot

I played Rise of the Immortals for the achievement and I had a lot of fun with it and went on to play it for two hours. I was lucky to play with someone that helped me to learn the game. Apparently this is a DOTA clone. I have never played those types of games before. I'll be sure to be on the lookout for DOTA2 when it releases now.

lol, if you actually liked that terrible game, you'll have an amazing time with Dota 2 and League of Legends. Since LoL is free to play as well, you should just go sign up for an account right now.

mrgone

I can probably help some Gaffers out later tonight for the Dungeon Defenders one. I have 8 level 70+ guys, so we can just breeze through it on Medium. Steam ID: foolosophy

Don't know how I missed this, but I'd definitely have hit you up :) Got lucky enough to stumble into a lvl 71 player's game and he carried the rest of us through it. I guess it's an awful lot like the Halloween map in that the spawn numbers are cranked up to 11 - I'd joined like 6 games and in every single one the present sack had been completely overwhelmed. I've never seen magic missile towers that magical

Seem to be the theme of the achievements today. Most of them are WTF NO WAY! LOL

I'm scared of the Revenge of the Titans achievement, even after watching a video walkthrough. It's totally nuts

Sarcasm

Oh why oh why don't I have TF2 installed on this netbook, its liek 10GBs no time.

Also anybody still need the dungeon defenders cheevo?

Forkball

I'm glad everyone is crafting their coal because that means I have a better chance of winning every Steam game. I did get a Dungeons of Dreadmor coupon for 50% off. Which is the current price. Awesome.

jsrv

Oh why oh why don't I have TF2 installed on this netbook, its liek 10GBs no time.

Also anybody still need the dungeon defenders cheevo?

I do, tried it earlier with two other people and got demolished. Of course, I just installed the game today as well so that could have been the problem

oipic

Same! I made a similar comment after my time with Rise of Immortals was done, and was quickly referred to League of Legends as well. Must check that out after we're done being so Gabe-focused here, as I didn't mind RoI, really.

So, as compelling as DOTA2 sounds, I'm expecting the community to be HARDCORE, yeah? I take it LoL might be easier for a newbie to wade into?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I have Asscreed 2 and Brotherhoods on the 360 but never played them yet >_>

I was wondering how much better they are on PC, if they are at all? I remember some DRM issues in the past that were pretty fucked up.

Nabs

Same! I made a similar comment after my time with Rise of Immortals was done, and was quickly referred to League of Legends as well. Must check that out after we're done being so Gabe-focused here, as I didn't mind RoI, really.

So, as compelling as DOTA2 sounds, I'm expecting the community to be HARDCORE, yeah? I take it LoL might be easier for a newbie to wade into?

Go with Dota and learn with GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom