• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artofwar420

That's basically my philosophy on why I buy all these games. I like having the potential to choose a game out of a myriad of types, and in my head be a sort of archivist. It might not be every single title, but it's one that represents a bit of who I am.

Narag

GAF, do I want to pay $1.99 to have a gun that attracts Land Sharks in Saint's Row 3? I ask you humbly.

After watching videos of it in action, I can only ask why you wouldn't pay more. If, however, $1.99 is all they'll foolishly take from you, I'd consider that a steal.

Do people play Civ online ever? I'm just asking because the Amazon GFWL version of Civ IV complete is about 7 bucks cheaper than the Steam version. It seems the Steam version has no achievements or anything, either, so is there any real reason why I should prefer the Steam version? Is GFWL really that bad?

Received my first free game of the Winter sale, Nimbus. I'd never even heard of it before, but it seems like a decent game so can't complain. Certainly better than that 25% off Activision coupon i got.
Recently received my first game as well - Empire - Total War. Not too shabby I guess. Never got around to buying that one. 25 % Activision doesn't sound too bad (if it stacks) I have both a 25 % and 33 % off Valve coupon, how's that for useless? (I don't expect any new Valve game to make it out before the coupon expires)

Gaaraa

I've been lucky with free games.

So far have the following: Terraria, SPAZ, Left 4 Dead 2 -aus censored version :( , Portal 2 keeping all these

Plus - Bioshock 1 and Orange Box - anyone want to trade for these two?

Hey people. What do you guys think are the chances we'll get a daily on SSF4 AE and Gemini Rue?

Those are the two games I really want at the moment (all others I either bought on day 1 or got in a previous sale) and I don't think I've seen any Capcom game as a daily yet and Gemini Rue just came out on Steam.

Raxus

Hey people. What do you guys think are the chances we'll get a daily on SSF4 AE and Gemini Rue?

Those are the two games I really want at the moment (all others I either bought on day 1 or got in a previous sale) and I don't think I've seen any Capcom game as a daily yet and Gemini Rue just came out on Steam.

They released a list of the prizes you can win and Capcom was absent. So no chance to win either, sorry.

Card Boy

Banned
I wanna do a SSF4:AE 4 pack on the last day if theres no daily deal. Should be 15bucks a piece if my math is correct.

Oh and Demigod aswell 4pack at 5bucks a piece.

Rezbit

I've been lucky with free games.

So far have the following: Terraria, SPAZ, Left 4 Dead 2 -aus censored version :( , Portal 2 keeping all these

Plus - Bioshock 1 and Orange Box - anyone want to trade for these two?

What would you want for Orange Box? (Does it include Episode 2?)

Speaking of being new to Steam sales, I wish that I was. I check the sales day after day, but BB King sang it best The Thrill Is Gone.

Try as I might, it's almost like I can't find anything to buy.

Yep, same thing. Got basically everything I really had to have the past couple of years and now I have a really hard time finding something to buy on sale.

At least my bank account is thankful for the reprieve. Except when I have to get something day one. Which is quite often, actually...

Are the 2 single player maps for AC:Brotherhood really only in the deluxe version? I thought all PC versions had it? Unless that was all retail versions? I'd prefer to get it from amazon but they don't have the deluxe edition. :/

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I assume we are unable to do the TF2 achievement at the moment? Because I have played 3 full games and have not seen a single present drop, even tried creating my own server and killing myself and nothing..

Naxx

Well it seems like I am done. Crafted my last 7 coals for a coupon.

Only got 1 game from my previous crafting of 7 coals, it was Dungeons of Dredmor.

I assume we are unable to do the TF2 achievement at the moment? Because I have played 3 full games and have not seen a single present drop, even tried creating my own server and killing myself and nothing..
Or you can "cheat"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx-HTgxanqg&feature=player_embedded

dani_dc

I got the acheivement around 50 minutes ago playing online, I saw about 5 presents in half an hour. Suppose you were just unlucky.

Sarcasm

Is it possible to do the Dungeon Defenders Achievement whe your like lvl 18?

Also Revenge of Titans is peaking my interest. Thoughts?

Hearts of Iron III, buy or not buy?
And what's with all the expansion packs of HoI III? Hearts of Iron itself is 2,49€, while the collection is 7,49€. I'm thinking about getting the game itself, but am sceptic about those expansions.

Is it possible to do the Dungeon Defenders Achievement whe your like lvl 18?

Did it at level 13, you need two things:

1. Someone who knows where to place the defenses
and
2. A level 50-70 player for the boss

I just hosted a game and a lvl 20, 34, and a 70 joined the game. The lvl 34 knew where to place the defenses and I just ran the presents.

Also Revenge of Titans is peaking my interest. Thoughts?
The achievement? It is mostly time consuming, I just watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LglnN_2VE_4&feature=youtu.be and built similar buildings.

Ah. That blows, but thanks

With Darkspore, though, you can install the demo through Steam, and then in-game enter in the activation code you are given when you buy it from Amazon, which will associate with the EA account you use to log in. You can then launch the demo through Steam and you'll be playing the full game after the mandatory log-in.

It's not registering ON Steam, and it doesn't really buy you anything, but it's a little different than the usual EA situation.

schwall20

Banned
With Darkspore, though, you can install the demo through Steam, and then in-game enter in the activation code you are given when you buy it from Amazon, which will associate with the EA account you use to log in. You can then launch the demo through Steam and you'll be playing the full game after the mandatory log-in.

It's not registering ON Steam, and it doesn't really buy you anything, but it's a little different than the usual EA situation.

Yea too may hoops to deal with for EA. I'm good I suppose dont really need it, just a good price.

lowestdregs

Neo Member
So I just noticed that all of the Oddworld games are 75% off during the holiday sale. Are there any other games that are secretly discounted to 75%? Is there any way to get a list of these games?

Yeah, sort of. If you go to steamgamesales.com, and limit it to just Steam sales, you can then order the list by "savings" column.

Tomodachi

Tried Sanctum for the achivement, it has been sitting on my library unopened for some time. What a great game, I think it's even better than the popular Orc Must Die!, even if this one has better art direction and is more funny with those character lines and all.

Kammie

51 games this sale and counting. I'd say I'm getting carried away, this being my first sale, but the truth is that I only have a couple titles left in my wishlist... when the next sale rolls around I'll probably have almost nothing to pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom