• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sye d'Burns

51 games this sale and counting. I'd say I'm getting carried away, this being my first sale, but the truth is that I only have a couple titles left in my wishlist... when the next sale rolls around I'll probably have almost nothing to pick up.

This is what happened to me last year. I bought so much that I am just now starting to play some of the games I bought during the last Holiday Sale.

Chesskid1

Banned
sorry if this has been asked; but do ALL the AC games have controller support?

well i know the latest 2 do, just not sure about the first 2. thanks!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Anyone mind helping me out getting AC Brotherhood? Check hasn't gone through yet so my accounts empty ATM. I'm willing to PayPal you back the money or gift you a game of around the same value.

sorry if this has been asked; but do ALL the AC games have controller support?

well i know the latest 2 do, just not sure about the first 2. thanks!

Yup! Friend gifted me the first two yesterday and I've been playing with a PS3 controller emulating a 360 one. If you're using a wireless 360 controller though look here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1183634

jediyoshi

Totally forgot lara croft had dlc, time to fill out the collection. Weird they seem to have given one of the challenge packs out for free to people who own the game.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
From what I've tried, AC2 needs additional software to recognize the 360 controller shoulder buttons. That's the exact moment I quit the game and never launched it again.

Weird, I tested things out and everything works for me. (with that .dll and that 360 controller profile anyways.)

Firebrand

Totally forgot lara croft had dlc, time to fill out the collection. Weird they seem to have given one of the challenge packs out for free to people who own the game.
Is there any good DLC for this game? I loved the base game but the level I tried from the DLC was just some survival challenge in a big open map rather than a linear level with an exit.

Derrick01

Banned
I trade my farming simulator for E.Y.E and this game is awfull thats disgusting. At least i got the achievements

Yeah thankfully I got the gift in E.Y.E pretty quickly because that game was like a 2005 ugly and generic game. I appreciate the attempt at some old school rpg stuff but you have to nail the rest of the game too. If someone made the worst game ever I'm not going to play it just because it has more RPG stuff than most recent games in the genre.

Getting the achievement of E.Y.E. was so much fun, launched Temple HQ, killed guy in front of me, got achievement, closed off game again.

Probably going to play it sometime, since what I've seen with impressions and videos seemed pretty interesting.

jediyoshi

Is there any good DLC for this game? I loved the base game but the level I tried from the DLC was just some survival challenge in a big open map rather than a linear level with an exit.
Couldn't tell you. Once something hits <$1, my brain doesn't bring much of an argument against buying it.

StuBurns

Banned
Did it take a long time? I remember seeing you post about it a few times yesterday along with the fact that you really didn't like the game.
You can get it in about a minute actually. I didn't know you couldn't get it in the tutorial level.

If you start the game, new game, skip tutorial, go to the map, pick a red mission, go and kill a few ships and Santa will turn up, shoot him and get the big purple thing he drops.

Odrion

Banned
Yeah thankfully I got the gift in E.Y.E pretty quickly because that game was like a 2005 ugly and generic game. I appreciate the attempt at some old school rpg stuff but you have to nail the rest of the game too. If someone made the worst game ever I'm not going to play it just because it has more RPG stuff than most recent games in the genre.
I wouldn't say it's the worst thing ever. But I understand why people wouldn't like it. It's a weird fever dream of a game and you got to be someone that doesn't mind bad aspects of a game (like Deadly Premonition fans.)

Derrick01

Banned
I wouldn't say it's the worst thing ever. But I understand why people wouldn't like it. It's a weird fever dream of a game and you got to be someone that doesn't mind bad aspects of a game (like Deadly Premonition fans.)

Nah it's not the worst game ever, I was just using that as an example that I'm not going to play any game that puts a lot of RPG stuff in it if the rest of the game is shitty.

Prophane33

Hearts of Iron III, buy or not buy?
And what's with all the expansion packs of HoI III? Hearts of Iron itself is 2,49€, while the collection is 7,49€. I'm thinking about getting the game itself, but am sceptic about those expansions.

If you are going to buy it you NEED the expansions. Think of them as patches, they add stuff the base game is missing, as well as fixing bugs. Also HoI II is much better than III, you could also check out Arsenal of Democracy or Darkest Hour. However, I recommend you play HoI II before messing with AoD or DH. I don't know if there's a demo up of HoI III but I highly recommend you play one before picking it up. Maybe watch a let's play on Youtube or something. It's an overwhelming game even if you are a fan of Paradox's other grand strategy titles. HoI II as well as the fan-made AoD and DH are (imo) a lot more manageable. The only really good thing is that HoI III runs on the Clausewitz engine which I like a hell of a lot better than the old Europa engine.

HTuran

Yay, got my first game gift last night, DEFCON. Actually pretty happy with that, as it's a fantastic multiplayer game and I can gift it to friends that don't have it.

Also, any kind US folk able to hook me up with Dead Space 2 for $5? Can PayPal in advance :)

masterkajo

Just saw it going for about $26 in games on the SPUF forums, so you could probably get a game for it I'm sure. Just don't get scammed.

I have to upgrade my TF2 account first... I just read about all this F2P and Premium business. Will try to get a good deal out of it. So, thanks!!

Chesskid1

Banned
40piG.png

looks like valve has started banning abusers of the promotion.

TGMIII

40piG.png

looks like valve has started banning abusers of the promotion.

What did they do exactly?

I'm going to assume they made tons of alt accounts, hopefully valve aren't going to just ban multiple trades to an account from the same IP because I've traded with my 2 room mates.

GHG

Just played Killing Floor for the 1st time to get the achievement. Awesome asewome game. Can't belive I never played it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom