• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

allansm

Driver: SF is probably my favorite racing game of 2011. My only disappointment is that the multiplayer community never took off, and it likely won't at that price.

I really am interested in the game, but for that price is still to much for me. I bought really good games (Human Revolution for example) for less than that.

Decado

Another one.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is $16.99 (66% off).

Worth getting on PC (vs. 360 or PS3)? Run well and have reasonable DRM?

Also, is it worth getting both Shogun 2 and Empire: Total War? They seem pretty different and there are lots of mods for the latter (not sure how good they are).

Can't believe i paid $7 for meat boy in the Summer sale and i don't play it, fuuuuuck $3.74 is a steal it's a fun game cleared 4 worlds and got bored with it...

Is Red Alert 3 any good, I played C&C3 when it released for a bit and didn't particularly care for it. Was a huge fan of Red Alert 2 and the original tho.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Damn Valve and their Extreme Trolling. I just got a Valve Complete Pack, but I already have all the Valve games D:

Dennis

Banned
Deus Ex: HR is 2011 GOTY material.

And Fallout: New Vegas is one of the best RPGs in recent memory. And it has just gotten even better with Sawyers mod.

So you know what you have to do GAF:

BUY BUY BUY

Guesong

Meh, this holiday sales is disappointing.

Half of the deals are indie games everyday, and the rest of them are generally still too high to warrant an impulse buy.

Some exceptions like Hard Reset or Rage.

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Someone sell me on Spacechem

Its an innovative and tough as nails puzzle game. I guarantee you've never played anything like it before. Its all about constructing these "circuits" out of various operational elements to take atoms and build them into molecules. The feeling of accomplishment after beating a tough stage in this game is almost unmatched for me.

Plus it has an amusing story of text vignettes that basically revolves around all the various ways that space will try and fuck up your shit.

I'm not sure if there is any pricing differences or region restrictions today, but if anybody needs help buying from the US steam store pm me your steam id.

1-D_FTW

Weird. Under the objectives, my DoD achievement is greyed out. Like I didn't do it.

But under my presents, it counts... even though it's greyed out there too.

It's the only achievement I got today, and I won Recettear. That's not bad. I'd never have bought it, but I know a lot of people have praised it. Well done, Gabe. Thank you.

EDIT: I guess it does show as opened. Just a really weird choice by Valve. It looks so colorless.

HTuran

Been looking to pick up Episodes from Liberty City for ages, but it's always the same price as every damn GTA game ever, which I already own. Stupid brain.

Also, quick repost, anyone recommend the Civ V DLC?

Derrick01

Banned
So how's the original drakensang? I just won it since I had already done the universe sandbox achievement. At least I finally won something that 1) looks decent and 2) didn't already have.

inky

Is Red Alert 3 any good, I played C&C3 when it released for a bit and didn't particularly care for it. Was a huge fan of Red Alert 2 and the original tho.

As a huge fan of RA2 myself, stay away from 3. It's locked to 30 fps and shits on most of what made 2 fun unit-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom