• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

65/66 Achievements :D
missing Jurassic Park

alright next round of deals switching over
if you guys need anything from the USD store, you know the drill X)
(1) PM me with your Steam email
(2) Links of the game you wish to buy :D

Tomodachi

Only 27 achievements here. This time I didn't bother buying games I didn't have only for the achievements. I know they're usually pretty good games but they also end up taking digital dust on my virtual steam shelf. Except EDGE, but I already knew the game and wanted to own it even on Steam.
Also, did not manage to unlock the ones from L4D2, Isaac and that crappy diablo-like f2p cause I didn't want to end up hating those games.

kai3345

Banned
Completed my first full game of Killing Floor for the achievment. Got damn that was fun. Fighting evil Santa was insane.

Also the Christmas map was awesome.

Is there a way to cheese that one?

Create a coop friends only game with 1 other person on Dead Center. 1 person is human other is infected. Go to the bottom of the very first set of stairs and blast away until you get the 3 gifts. It will take 5 minutes or less to get the 3 random gift drops.

Johann

quoting fo new page

Medieval 2's interface and camera controls are dated. Mods and total conversions only do so much to address these issues. It's good if you like the historical period and the distinct factions. They is an active multiplayer community but no where near Shogun 2.

They is a lot of faction overlap in Shogun 2. However, it's the most polished Total War game with excellent gameplay and a great UI. It got the best multiplayer out of all the TW games. They're both cheap enough that you can get both. They only issue is you'll probably stick to one of the two games. It'll probably be Shogun 2 since it is a lot easier to get into out of the two games.

Medieval 2's interface and camera controls are dated. Mods and total conversions only do so much to address these issues. It's good if you like the historical period and the distinct factions. They is an active multiplayer community but no where near Shogun 2.

They is a lot of faction overlap in Shogun 2. However, it's the most polished Total War game with excellent gameplay and a great UI. It got the best multiplayer out of all the TW games. They're both cheap enough that you can get both. They only issue is you'll probably stick to one of the two games. It'll probably be Shogun 2 since it is a lot easier to get into out of the two games.

Thanks!
Ive played the Rome total wars and I liked them, but like I said, the non battling aspect of Medieval sounded more fun when a friend talked about it to me. So I wanted to try it (he was really talking about Medieval 1, not 2 though).
I dont mind the multiplayer, because im not going to use it. And even if Shogun II seems the best with the opinion of people I dont know if the non battling aspect will be interesting in that.

Omiee

i bought company of heroes in the steam sale but i dont know how to get rid of the black bars around my screen.
when i press alt enter, its full screen in a window but when i go to full view i get black bars around the screen.

Grizza

So, I got the Binding of Isaac achievement after only playing for 20 minutes. Lucky. Really liking this game now though. I like being tricked into playing games I already own.

number386

iSFhZ.png

Am I the only one getting total duds? The only decent coupon I got was 75% off empire total war, as it happens that's also the current deal of the day, also at 75% off, in other words the only worthwhile coupon I got is rendered useless. /first world problems.

That rat game people were complaining about getting earlier on is looking mighty fine from where I'm sitting.

i bought company of heroes in the steam sale but i dont know how to get rid of the black bars around my screen.
when i press alt enter, its full screen in a window but when i go to full view i get black bars around the screen.

No experience with Company of Heroes but as long as the game supports your resolution and your GPU scaling options are correct, you might want to check the refresh rate setting of the game. I usually run into this problem when the game's refresh rate setting does not match my monitor (e.g. Trine 2, The Heist, etc.). It can usually be forced via an ini file or changed in the in-game settings.

Ok first Far Cry 2 doesnt allow for reliable key mapping and now I launch the game and it is stuck in window mode with no option to go fullscreen. Anyone have this happen to them?

deduce

Is there a way to cheese that one?
I followed this YouTube guide to get the achievement within 5 minutes.

- Go to Options -> Keyboard/Mouse -> Allow Developer Console - > Enabled
- Type "~" then "map c10m1_caves versus" (or any other map you want, that was just the first option)
- If you don't spawn as the humans right away, retype Type "~" then "map c10m1_caves versus". It can sometimes take a few reloads to spawn as a human.
- When you spawn as a human, run forward and kill the first group of special infected and collect your gift.
- Exit game and repeat process for the next two gifts.

The game has a built in timer where if you don't connect with another person within a minute the game kicks you. Usually you have enough time to grab a gift before that happens.

Omiee

No experience with Company of Heroes but as long as the game supports your resolution and your GPU scaling options are correct, you might want to check the refresh rate setting of the game. I usually run into this problem when the game's refresh rate setting does not match my monitor (e.g. Trine 2, The Heist, etc.). It can usually be forced via an ini file or changed in the in-game settings.

i cant find the ini file in my steam apps folder =(

i only have the problem with this game.

After crafting 35 coals, I got: Braid, Abe's Exodus and Greed Corp. As well as 2 coupons (can't say which of my coupons considering I bear 0 interest in these).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom