• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
New Vegas DLC, which are worth it? Also wasn't there suppose to be 5, or at least is already on 360/PS3? Steam only has 4...
Dead Money is the best DLC on the game IMO.

Old World Blues was great too, My only problem with it is all the pointless dialogue. And there is ALOT of it.

Scythian

ugh, I passed on the Civ V GOTY deal on Amazon because I thought Steam would match the price, if not go cheaper.

Is the GOTY edition worth it at that price it is now or should I just buy it vanilla?

Pirabear

Banned
How is New Vegas in the story/character department? My main problem with Skyrim is I genuinely find the plot and characters uninteresting. I enjoy the exploration and other stuff, but it's seriously the first game I've ever played where I'm skimming through a bunch of the events. And how is the combat system?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
how is the Magic game, I always had a fleeting interest with Magic but I was too poor when I was a kid to buy cards

Its by no means competitive or comprehensive, since it has a limited card pool and limited deck editing, but its also very fun and a great way to get into the game. At that price I can't think of a reason not to buy if you're interested.

how is the Magic game, I always had a fleeting interest with Magic but I was too poor when I was a kid to buy cards

It's pretty great. A steal at that price.

You can't make up your own decks but you can switch out the base cards of each deck for the "booster" cards you earn as you play, and there are plenty of decks out now. With the expansion and the two deck packs you'd get 17 different decks. The expansion also features archenemy mode, which is damn good fun.

Highly recommended.

kswiston

I have 2 copies of Day of Defeat now... Anyone willing to trade for a game that they won but don't need? Or even a few pieces of coal? DoD Source is an achievement today too.

anddo0

All of you had better buy New Vegas for 5 bucks.

Dead Money is the best DLC on the game IMO.

Old World Blues was great too, My only problem with it is all the pointless dialogue. And there is ALOT of it.

I agree DM is the best of the dlc. I thought OWB was a huge letdown. The humor didn't click with me, and the dialogue was beyond annoying.

I'm tempted to purchase LR dlc. Though I don't even have FO:NV installed right now.

The GTA complete pack deal looks good as well.

Manager

Incase at work etc

j6zu5.jpg

krpiper

It's pretty great. A steal at that price.

You can't make up your own decks but you can switch out the base cards of each deck for the "booster" cards you earn as you play, and there are plenty of decks out now. With the expansion and the two deck packs you'd get 17 different decks. The expansion also features archenemy mode, which is damn good fun.

Highly recommended.

should I get any DLC or just grab the base game

Flunkie

Banned
Dammit, I wanted Driver San Fran, but not at that price. Oh well, my backlog is big enough that I don't need it now anyways.

Been wanting to try out Universe Sandbox for a long time, though.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I just noticed Might and Magic Heroes VI is included in the massive 40$ HoMM package...I'm tempted...so tempted. Wish they would shave off another 15 or so in a daily deal though, because I'm not really interested in HoMM5 or Dark Messiah.

BigAT

Is there anyone that is buying Spacechem that would be willing to buy Dungeons of Dredmor (same price, $2.49) instead and then trade with me?

I won a full copy of Spacechem with the achievement contest, but I have it already so I need to do something with my copy. Missed out on DoD when it was originally on sale.

Derrick01

Banned
oh boy should I get vice city for $2.75 now or wait until the sale's over to use my 50% off coupon and get it for $5? /bitter

I'll wait for a bit and see if Amazon beats the Civ price again. I don't know why I didn't get it the other day.

Heads up for those considering New Vegas: GotY edition due in February, pretty safe bet for the summer sale.

I won't be able to get around to it until then anyway, so I think I'm going to hold off.

I crafted 7 coal and got Beat Hazard Complete. That is awesome and all, but I already had it. Can anyone trade me for Universe Sandbox? It would make me so happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom