• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

The only reasonable explanation is that they knew this achievement was attainable early, so in theory people had a lot of time to do it. But it still screws those that buy it now. Guess it's to be expected, but eh...

Is that one of the rare items? Or is it just an item everybody got at the start of the sale?
The latter.

Kabouter

Crafted 7 coal, got 60% off Magicka.

That makes 12 coupons.

Crafted for the fourth, and obviously final, time.
After some poor luck with 50% off Demolition Inc., 50% off VVVVVV, 50% off Demolition Inc. again, I now got...50% off Trials 2!

Fuck yeah.
Sixteen coupons.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I really didn´t expect anything else, but I don´t think that they´re funny or right with such hard achievements for these contests. It just shows that they don´t understand or agree with the point of achievements for contests like this. And that´s pretty stupid.

Mix that with the fact that we can't even access the levels right now because Team Meat are a bunch of morons and you get the perfect achievement!

I have it. Got it sometime last week.

I said today.

I was planning a DE:HR second playthrough soonish, so I think I'm gonna grab this DLC. I've heard good things.

Edit: To the guy above, the episodes are amazing and better than 4 in many ways. Yes.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Imagine doing the SMB achievement and getting only coal or a shitty coupon. Some of the levels seem even harder than the original kids ones, so I'll pass on this one.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sure they have a few days to get it. No big deal.

Not if Team Meat can't take back the SQL server.

It's not a accident if we can't access it. The SQL server is accessible to anyone who knows how. Someone from SA tried to warn them, but Team Meat acted like it wasn't a problem.

Now, someone hacked the server and we can't access the level. Might be just today, might be for the week or the rest of the sale.

wilflare

I cannot imagine the person's email inbox when he wins every game on steam...

imagine this...
You've received a gift copy of the game

the spam filter will definitely kick in

It's not a accident if we can't access it. The SQL server is accessible to anyone who knows how. Someone from SA tried to warn them, but Team Meat acted like it wasn't a problem.

Now, someone hacked the server and we can't access the level. Might be just today, might be for the week or the rest of the sale.
Yeah. Just read that. That's crap then.

I figured people were just complaining cause it was difficult. Broken is a whole other story.

Alts

"Hacked" would imply that there was some security to evade. People can just waltz right in.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

I do remember hearing about the vulnerabilities. Amusing how it finally got hacked today. Someone was *waiting* for it to become a daily sale/achievement.

iNvid02

grand prize is insane lol

imagine something even crazier, lifetime subscription to get every single new game forever

damn

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
So the Winter Sale will end on January 2nd right?

And the blue coupons will be valid on January 2nd right?

I'm betting there will be a window of opportunity where you will be able to stack those coupons on top of winter sale discounts.

Kabouter

Universe Sandbox - worth it?

I would say no. The game itself is cool and everything, but I'm having horrendous stability problems :/. Can't seem to run it for more than a few minutes without problems. Took three tries to even start it the first time.

dose

Odd question, but does anyone know if there are many people still playing COD2 online? I used to play it a shitload at lunchtimes some time ago and fancy picking it up on Steam :)

Sober

I cannot imagine the person's email inbox when he wins every game on steam...

imagine this...

the spam filter will definitely kick in
Nah, probably just one email saying: YOU ARE WINNER

kamspy

Deus EX DLC is balls to the walls awesome. If I knew it was this awesome I would have been there day 1 for $15. Totally worth it. Might be the best bit of gameplay in DXHR.

Leckan

How is New Vegas in the story/character department? My main problem with Skyrim is I genuinely find the plot and characters uninteresting. I enjoy the exploration and other stuff, but it's seriously the first game I've ever played where I'm skimming through a bunch of the events. And how is the combat system?

Today is your lucky day.

I disliked Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim for similar reasons. It's like they had no souls if there is such a thing for videogames. Fortunately New Vegas isn't developed by Bethesda, but by Obsidian which are composed of many former members of those who created the original two Fallouts and Planescape Torment to name a few games. These guys know their RPG's and their games always have compelling stories and writing, not to mention solid RPG components.

The writing and the characters are some of the strongest parts of New Vegas, and you can influence the world in ways which simply aren't possible in Bethesda's games. There is much more freedom to carve your path and multiple play-throughs are encouraged because it's impossible to see and do everything on one play-through.

If you played Fallout 3 the combat is pretty similar with V.A.T.S and all but the addition the DT system and ironsight aiming put's it over the top, along with the different ammo types.

In short: Buy it and the DLC if you can. It's more of a RPG than any of Bethesda's games.

Morris

Disco Devil
RE: Super Meat Boy achievement

VevBf.png

No way i'm doing that.

I still gotta do that Revenge of The Titans achievement :c

Danj

When buying steam stuff as a gift, if it's dlc that you don't own the base game for, will it come up with "unexpected error"? My mom has been buying steam stuff for me this holiday and I wanted to get some FNV and Civ V DLC today but it rejected the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom