• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sye d'Burns

Is there anyone that is buying Spacechem that would be willing to buy Dungeons of Dredmor (same price, $2.49) instead and then trade with me?

I won a full copy of Spacechem with the achievement contest, but I have it already it since it's such an awesome game so I need to do something with my copy. Missed out on DoD when it was originally on sale.

I was just about to load up my cart when I decided to look at the thread.

I'll do that. PM me your Steam ID.

An-Det

I can't check it now, but they went with the Meat Boy achievement that makes you go through all 5 Xmas levels in one sitting, rather than just beat one?

If so, fuck that shit. I'm out of practice and don't feel like smashing my controller.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Do I want Civ V GOTY? Everyone says it is fun but I have never played a game like it before.

I'd recommend Revolutions on consoles or Civ V for first time players.

I know V got a lot of hate, but I loved the simplification that was brought over from Civ Rev. Civ Rev was almost too shallow; nice to bust through pretty quickly, but at the expense of most of the micromanagement stuff inherent to the series.

Oreoleo

Yup, all Civ games were discounted 50%.
Was expecting a 75% daily, pretty disappointing.

Thanks dude.

Will be the perfect game to test out my "on the last day coupons will stack with sale prices" conspiracy theory since I have one for 50% off Civ 5. Crossing my fingers for $7.50 :D

Santini

Congratulations to anyone who's won any game from the gift pile, even Bad Rats.

31 objectives completed and nothing but coal and coupons for me so far. First world problems, right?

That said, anyone still doing the Dawn of War II: Retribution achievement? =)

Please PM me.

Civ IV is one of the few games that when you buy it you get a separate Windows and Mac games in your list. It probably has something to do with that, either it's the two different versions or it's a glitch that gives you the game twice.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
25% off codemasters, sigh.

At least it wasn't for some dumb obscure 2 dollar game.

Rufus

Toma, you are approaching "Jehova's witness" levels of dedication. I know how to play the game, it's just difficult, OK?

Now shoo! Off! ...Don't make me get the hose!

It's a great game. Buy it.

shakefist.gif

That willpower faded fast...bought..

Oreoleo

How much "game" is in Universe Sandbox? If I have no creativity, is there any point in me getting this game?

Zero. There's no game, no objectives. It's just like, hey what happens if I do this. And the answer is usually either a planet flies off into the galaxy or the simulation crashes.

I'll save my cash then.

Two of my biggest Steam purchase regrets, and they were both $5 or less, so that should tell you something.

Minsc

Gold Member
Civ V GOTY include all DLC?

Looks like it doesn't include the Wonders or Korea DLC. I only have the plain Civ V... I need about $16 of discounted DLC to match the $16 GOTY version (lol), and then the additional ~$3 of DLC not included in the GOTY... plus any other upcoming DLC... jeez. This is not the way to do DLC.

RiverBed

Banned
I Deus Ex good? tempted by the graphics, pad support and legacy. Never played the games myself, though. Is it mainly a FPS with espionage?

MRORANGE

for today:

FfOxV.png

30th December

Day of Defeat: Source
• Valve Gift Grab 2011 – DoD:S
Collect three gifts dropped by opponents.
SOLUTION: Join empty server and kill yourself with grenades, you should drop presents from time to time. (you can also type "kill" in console)

Super Meat Boy
• The Golden Gift!
Complete all levels in "The Kids Xmas" chapter in super meat world IN ONE PLAY SESSION!
SOLUTION: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmW63WF1qjU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZKXomigpAE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVvFRk_F4aM

Universe Sandbox
• Snowball Earth
Freeze the Earth by moving it further from the Sun
SOLUTION: youtube link

Puzzle Agent 2
• Christmas Tree Census
Spend over $202,259 of taxpayer dollars; The number of Christmas trees cut in Minnesota in 2007 (source: USDA).
SOLUTION: fair the first puzzle 3 times.

SpaceChem
• Polar Expedition
Reach the south pole of Sernimir IV.
SOLUTION:Beat level 2-5, called "There's Something in the Fishcake". If you've beaten the level already, your previous solution will be saved, so running it again will unlock the achievement.

Flight Control HD
• Snowball
Land 5 helicopters in a row on the Windy airfield
SOLUTION: youtube link

Rufus

I Deus Ex good? tempted by the graphics, pad support and legacy. Never played the games myself, though. Is it mainly a FPS with espionage?

Deus Ex: HR is good. Legacy not included, but it's a good game. It can be an FPS, but you can also avoid each and every enemy (the only people you need to kill are the bosses) stealth game style.

So I caved big time and I made my final purchases for the year (and next year if I can keep my resolution). I bought Puzzle Agent 2, the Two Tribes pack, The Wonderful End of the World, and Legend of Fae. My wishlist is empty and I am set. I didn't wait for the last of the daily deals, but I think Legend of Fae and The Wonderful End of the World wouldn't have made it anyway.

Chanser

Looks like it doesn't include the Wonders or Korea DLC. I only have the plain Civ V... I need about $16 of discounted DLC to match the $16 GOTY version (lol), and then the additional ~$3 of DLC not included in the GOTY... plus any other upcoming DLC... jeez. This is not the way to do DLC.

Always thought GOTY means everything included.

epmode

It's kind of an FPS RPG hybrid. It doesn't really play like anything but Deus Ex and the handful of similar games (Vampire: The Masquerade is probably the most notable).

I love how Human Revolution is actually very similar to the first game yet still feels ahead of its time.

Divius

Redownloading DoD:S just for the achievement and then I'll remove it again. (Probably will end up doing the same with CS:S if it gets the same achievement)

^ Oh Toggles you so cute.

The first.

The first one has more puzzles that don't explain the rules clearly enough so you actually have to guess at what they mean. The second one has more puzzles that are just braindead easy.

Neither one is really better than the other, but the second one has more characters, and the characters are what make that game for me.

(Should still start with the first, though, because it's story-heavy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom