• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

An-Det

for today:

FfOxV.png

SpaceChem
• Polar Expedition
Reach the south pole of Sernimir IV.
SOLUTION:Beat level 2-5, called "There's Something in the Fishcake". If you've beaten the level already, your previous solution will be saved, so running it again will unlock the achievement.

For Spacechem, I found this great visual guide to help me get through the levels. There are videos out there, but you can't tell what the icons are most of the time (or at least I couldn't).

http://jayisgames.com/archives/2011/01/spacechem.php#walkthrough

Pirabear

Banned
How is New Vegas in the story/character department? My main problem with Skyrim is I genuinely find the plot and characters uninteresting. I enjoy the exploration and other stuff, but it's seriously the first game I've ever played where I'm skimming through a bunch of the events. And how is the combat system?

Dennis

Banned
Reposting because it got lost in the preious page

Does it affect performance greatly?
Yes, ENB for Deus EX does lower framerates but I am getting 30 fps which is good enough for me (Nvidia GTX580).

Scitek knows more about AMD cards in regards to this mod.

Oreoleo

The first one has more puzzles that don't explain the rules clearly enough so you actually have to guess at what they mean. The second one has more puzzles that are just braindead easy.

Neither one is really better than the other, but the second one has more characters, and the characters are what make that game for me.

(Should still start with the first, though, because it's story-heavy.)

See, that's how I felt about the second one in regards to the puzzles. There were a handful (2 or 3) where I just looked at them and went, what the fuck? Typically they were the number sequence puzzles, but I don't remember having any such problems with the puzzles in the first game. But those few stumpers, in tandem with the other really easy puzzles made the game seem a little uneven. Also, the second game's story (at least the 2nd half) went by a little too briskly and the exposition and understanding of events suffered a bit, compared to the first game.

But, you know, opinions.

Edit: I accidentally a word.

So I bought SpaceChem and don't know what the fuck to do. Shit's confusing.

Watch the youtube vid and do the hand holding first mission, the slightly less hand holding 2nd mission and you'll learn what the buttons do. Forget about the chemistry symbols and that.

I've played all the Civs since Civ IV...is Civ V different enough from IV to justify a purchase (with all the DLC?)

Its different. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Not sure the DLC is worth it.

Dennis

Banned
Some of you may have missed the news:

Deus Ex: HR -66%

Fallout: New Vegas -75%

What are you waiting for?

BUY BUY BUY

I can't remember the last time fantastic gaming was this criminally cheap!

Jomjom

Banned
Pretty disappointed that the Hitman games, Sins of a Solar Empire, Syberia, and the Still Life games were never daily deals. I think I had better luck with the Summer sale.

Oreoleo

It's been asked but I haven't seen anyone answer yet. I think I might be grabbing it all anyway since the new J.E. Sawyer mod requires it all.

I haven't played them yet so maybe take this with a grain of salt, but it seems popular opinion is they are all at least partially good, with Old World Blues being the "best." It's not like Fallout 3 where there are any stinkers like Mothership Zeta.

See, that's how I felt about the second one in regards to the puzzles. There were a handful (2 or 3) where I just looked at them and went, what the fuck? Typically they were the number sequence puzzles, but I don't remember having any such problems with the puzzles in the first game. But those few stumpers, in tandem with the other really easy puzzles made the game seem a little uneven. Also, the second game's story (at least the 2nd half) went by a little too briskly and the exposition and understanding of events suffered a bit, compared to the first game.

But, you know, opinions.

Edit: I accidentally a word.

You just got lucky on some of the puzzles in the first game, then. And you're too stupid for the second game!

HEYOOOO.

U;

The story is so clearly inspired by Twin Peaks, that I kept EXPECTING things to sort of go nuts and be hard to follow at some point, so when it did happen I... liked it?

hylje

I bought New Vegas just because of the DLC on last sale. Tempted on DX:HR but I've finished it with those crappy boss fights on x360.

Also decided to craft coals, now when I have 20 coals. Got -50% Multiwinia :(

Tymerend

Sooo, all the sale prices are good until January 2nd, and there's a new round of achievements for tomorrow.

Should I assume that tomorrow there'll be one last round of new daily deals with Sunday being used as a recap?

Chesskid1

Banned
so the only differnece between fallout 3 and fallout 3 GOTY is that they are named differently in the steam list? ie if you bought all the dlc separately, it'll be the exactly the same?

On SpaceChem, how come my output atoms don't disappear?

Are you hitting an out command after you drop them in the output zone? The output zone should briefly flash when you go over one.

If you're on a level with pipelines, the output can also get "jammed" if the output pipe is full.

What did you guys expect from Super Meat Boy? :D I cant even watch videos of people playing that game without getting frustrated.

Anybody else need help buying from the US steam store?

PaulLFC

I don't play TF2, but I checked my TF2 inventory and found this:

Noise Maker - Winter Holiday
Team Fortress 2
Level 5 Party Favor
Holiday Restriction: Winter

Is that one of the rare items? Or is it just an item everybody got at the start of the sale?

What did you guys expect from Super Meat Boy? :D I cant even watch videos of people playing that game without getting frustrated.

Anybody else need help buying from the US steam store?

I really didn´t expect anything else, but I don´t think that they´re funny or right with such hard achievements for these contests. It just shows that they don´t understand or agree with the point of achievements for contests like this. And that´s pretty stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom