• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
I saw this and wanted to check the price, cause I was sure it was $10 (You are free to pay what you want, this isn't the point I'm trying to make), and the store page says the deal for it ends January 20th. I thought it was an easy typo, as other games still say January 2nd, but if that were the case wouldn't it say "January 20nd" ? Am I crazy?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22320/

(I totally have a 25% off Bethesda coupon that I will use alllllllll over this if it's true)

Its most likely a typo, i was willing to pay $4 because its being on sale for $5 before at 75% off.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
is steam bugging on me cos ive accepted to unpack two worlds 2 im installing it now. but its still letting me send it as a gift to people aswell.

SpaceChem is intimidating. I was able to legit my way up to and through the achievement level after a slight refresher course (having cleared the first planet during the summer sale) and then I figured I would finish up the second planet but WOW is that last level a little brain explosion. Yeaaah. Maybe I'll come back to this game later.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Since Salsa remains offworld, I hope someone takes the initiative to put together a final day thread tomorrow with a list of quality independent and older games under $5.

Here was Salsa's from last year:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436731

Of the 1800 or whatever games on Steam, 1250 are currently under $5 and most of them were not featured in daily deals. They aren't all brilliant, but there are easily hundreds of games that deserve a spotlight of some kind.

Kabouter

Since Salsa remains offworld, I hope someone takes the initiative to put together a final day thread tomorrow with a list of quality independent and older games under $5.

Boy, I would almost say it would have to be someone who plays a lot of these rather unknown small games. Maybe someone who regularly mentions them in the Steam thread when he's bought and played them.

need help with a few question before I buy today's deal

-which Fallout NV dlc is worthwhile?
-is Puzzle Agent good? I like the story bit and trailer on steam, but the animation seems very choppy
-I'd like to try Magic The Gathering 2012 and gift my friend one so we can play together, is the vanilla release ok, or should I get the expansion too. this will be my first MTG game, although I've always been interested with it. just want to know if the standard release have enough variety in it or will be forced to buy expansion anyway in the future

Danj

SpaceChem is intimidating. I was able to legit my way up to and through the achievement level after a slight refresher course (having cleared the first planet during the summer sale) and then I figured I would finish up the second planet but WOW is that last level a little brain explosion. Yeaaah. Maybe I'll come back to this game later.

I am so glad I saved my old SpaceChem save game on Dropbox, I was thinking like fuuuuuck, I'l have to do all those levels again (I've had a new HDD in this PC since I last played, Steam backup doesn't backup save games).

Citizen K

I have giftable: half life 2 and hl2:episode 1
and tradable: 25% off valve, 50% off Kalypso Media and 50% off hitman collection.

If anyone wants lemme know (pm)! I'm looking for witcher 2 discount coupon!

Decker

need help with a few question before I buy today's deal

-which Fallout NV dlc is worthwhile?

Same question

also I would like to ask:

I am playing Fallout 3, still long before I complete, is it worth buying New Vegas or it's better to wait for a bundle with New Vegas + all DLC ?

(at the moment NV+ 6 DLC = 16$)

goober

Same question

also I would like to ask:

I am playing Fallout 3, still long before I complete, is it worth buying New Vegas or it's better to wait for a bundle with New Vegas + all DLC ?

(at the moment NV+ 6 DLC = 16$)
MSRP for the NV with DLC is 50 dollars.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Did you confirm they both have it? I would imagine that each piece of content can only be assigned to one user.

yeah they are both installing now. steam servers for me atleast are being really slow in uk kept saying servers too busy and stuff. and the game stayed in my inventory for about 5 minutes after starting to install it before the server refreshed fully. so i just clicked send as a gift and it worked lol

cicero

Where is the big Daily Deal on Might & Magic Clash of Heroes?!? I was really expecting/wanting to see it during this Holiday sale. My other wanted deal was a cheaper than $10 Risen, that one didn't turn out so well...

What where the extra stuff in the Quakecon-pack? I know I should be suprised at the price difference, but still it blows my mind everytime and I get sad and shake my fist towards the sky and say "Why Gabe, WHY?"
Every Id and Bethesda game and DLC up until July. i.e. every Bethesda/Id game except Rage, Skyrim and the last NV DLC.
Essentially, that pack + every Doom / Quake. It was $70 / 70€ / £50 IIRC. I bought it from a US or UK member for something like 55€.

Bebpo

Banned
Is someone planning to make a thread of non-daily games that are good deals to pick up on Saturday/Sunday?

The one in the summer was fantastic. Found some gems in it.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'm sure this has been asked already but :

Is Red alert 3 worth buying if you don't care that much about the franchise? It's the only one that even seems remotely interesting.

Sober

yes, I was talking about Steam price (for this sale)

NV 5$
6 DLC 11$

which DLC do you advice me to get ?
If you really are on the fence about the DLC (mostly if you haven't played FNV because otherwise you'd buy em all), you can always just buy FNV and then wait for another sale for the DLCs to go on sale.

Xzior

Every Id and Bethesda game and DLC up until July. i.e. every Bethesda/Id game except Rage, Skyrim and the last NV DLC.
Essentially, that pack + every Doom / Quake. It was $70 / 70€ / £50 IIRC. I bought it from a US or UK member for something like 55€.

Aha, thanks for the info. I Already have the ID-pack so I didn't miss anything.

BosSin

Just got super meat world to work and tried out 'The Kid's Xmas'... fucking ridiculous.

First christmas achievement where I was like:
yao-ming-meme.jpg

Of the 1800 or whatever games on Steam, 1250 are currently under $5 and most of them were not featured in daily deals. They aren't all brilliant, but there are easily hundreds of games that deserve a spotlight of some kind.

There is a pretty good list here in case that doesn't happen.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/nirux/steam_holiday_sale_full_list_of_hidden_deals/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom