• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I think Bad rats is an Urban Myth in some ways. Everybody knows it sucks but nobody has actually ever played it. The only thing we know about it is always a "I heard from a friend" or "My Dad said he used to own that game" or "A cousin of mine played it at his babysitters house once".

Someone did play it here, I can't remember who(A respectable poster actually, which is why I remember). Its where all of it started from too.

For me, the "Missing Link" DLC appears right underneath the Deus-Ex HR entry - like a separate game. It doesn't appear as DLC under DX-HR.

That sucks. Not even in the main games menu. They should have had it start as a normal level where it fits in the game chronologically.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
does anybody else have problems with Universe Sandbox?

it always crashes during startup (or it runs for 3 seconds before crashing), i tried some solutions from the official forum but nothing helps...

i played the non steam demo some month ago without any problems.
it did cost only 2,50€ but i would be really pissed if i could not use something i payed money for :(

does anybody else have problems with Universe Sandbox?

it always crashes during startup (or it runs for 3 seconds before crashing), i tried some solutions from the official forum but nothing helps...

i played the non steam demo some month ago without any problems.
it did cost only 2,50€ but i would be really pissed if i could not use something i payed money for :(

Yeah kept crashing for me too. I just kept trying and about the third time it popped up and let me 'open simulation'. I then blew up the sun and got the achievement.

So probably just keep at it, must be hitting a server or something that is getting smashed.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Yeah kept crashing for me too. I just kept trying and about the third time it popped up and let me 'open simulation'. I then blew up the sun and got the achievement.

So probably just keep at it, must be hitting a server or something that is getting smashed.

i don't think it's a server issue, i get a windows crash report and all

Shahadan

My god the Dungoen Defenders achievement makes me want to punch someone. Are there only stupid dipshits on this game?

Stop making three useless towers on the same spot or at don't make them target a fucking wall.
Stop letting trees be be hammered for two whole minutes without doing anything.

So angry right now. This is how supervillains are born, ffs.

fallout

I think Bad rats is an Urban Myth in some ways. Everybody knows it sucks but nobody has actually ever played it. The only thing we know about it is always a "I heard from a friend" or "My Dad said he used to own that game" or "A cousin of mine played it at his babysitters house once".
I do reasonably trust the guy, for what it's worth. Maybe it's not all that bad?

Had 23 coal, decided to do some crafting.
Got Risen, -50% Xotic, -50% of The Binding of Isaac (Bought Daily Deal).

Could have been worse. At least I got a game in a genre I play.
Though I could have done without the coupon for the game I just bought yesterday.

Is Universe Sandbox worth it?

Are you an astronomy major?

If so, then yes.

Let me say right now that I applaud what Universe Sandbox is - which is a truly educational sandbox game. But only a science nerd would actually know how to play it. Because it's not just "I'll put the Earth here". It's not SimUniverse. You actually need a more than firm grasp on mathematics and science.

cicero

I received it as a present quite a while ago, and I played it, out of gift guilt, even though I knew the gifter gifted it to me as a soul crushing joke.

Don't you dare say that nobody has ever played it!@# I have a whole eight minutes of my life invested in that game.

blazeuk

This Super Meat Boy achievement is really, really hard.

Just attempted it :lol

Got through the first level, second level i'm going to need to watch some videos...figured out how to get through half of it but the rest I have no clue. The first part is hard enough to get right...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So Universe Sandbox seems to not simulate the heat death of the universe. I set it to 100,391,000,000 years per frame (a single frame should destroy the universe) and the game totally visually broke, but the Sun is still 5778Kelvin in temperature, which I hardly think is accurate.

It's currently the year 285,181,091,427,006.

Seriously, though, willing to give up my firstborn for a Magicka or Meat Boy save file.

My firstborn or my testicles.

Probably both, I dunno yet.

So Universe Sandbox seems to not simulate the heat death of the universe. I set it to 100,391,000,000 years per frame (a single frame should destroy the universe) and the game totally visually broke, but the Sun is still 5778Kelvin in temperature, which I hardly think is accurate.

4UUfd.jpg

Xzior

That's fun.

Do we know if the kill count resets after you quit?

Just check the youtube link I posted earlier, I used the same method when I got the achivement and it took me under 20 mintues to get it.

And I don't think it resets between playthroughs, for every 10 kills you get an updated on the achivement progress.

Turfster

Seriously, though, willing to give up my firstborn for a Magicka or Meat Boy save file.

What? Why do you need one for magicka? It takes like 15 minutes. It's repetitive, sure, but it's not hard or anything.
Go into challenge, the glades, make the 5 goblins wet, freeze them, do the ice spike circle, restart, repeat until you've done 100 of them.

Jomjom

Banned
Blah... did two more achievements for today.

Got a 75% coupon for Risen and my first game after 20 achievements......................

The Polynomial. Whoopee.

Edgeward

My god the Dungoen Defenders achievement makes me want to punch someone. Are there only stupid dipshits on this game?

Stop making three useless towers on the same spot or at don't make them target a fucking wall.
Stop letting trees be be hammered for two whole minutes without doing anything.

So angry right now. This is how supervillains are born, ffs.

I was only able to get it with the help of a gaffer. The present runs and TD require huge amounts of teamwork to be successful. Especially in the early stages when you have so few def points and mana

Reikon

Magicka? It's stupidly easy with the method from Steamcheeves.

Another method: Start a new game, skip the tutorial, stay at the party. Hit the friendly wizards with water beam (water, RMB), then spam arcane/ice AOE (arcane, ice, ice, ice, shift+RMB). When everyone is dead use earth, earth, earth, middle click to kill yourself and do it again. The friendly wizards don't appear to shatter but still count towards the achievement.

Lulubop

Is Civ 5 on amazon the Goty version? Really tempted to pick it up, but I've never played a game like it and it seems like a disappointment among actual fans of the series.

Just check the youtube link I posted earlier, I used the same method when I got the achivement and it took me under 20 mintues to get it.

And I don't think it resets between playthroughs, for every 10 kills you get an updated on the achivement progress.

That means nothing, though, since Magicka is horrible at keeping track of saved progress (at least my copy is).

dani_dc

Is Civ 5 on amazon the Goty version? Really tempted to pick it up, but I've never played a game like it and it seems like a disappointment among actual fans of the series.

Keep in mind that people that got the game from amazon are reporting that they only got the Windows version and no Mac version despite the game being Steamplay.

From what I remember playing the game, I don't think the engine accounts for entropy / heat dissipation. At least not accurately, in the sense that a star doesn't lose any energy over its radiation. Which essentially means there's no second law and maybe even no conservation of energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom