• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Since Salsa remains offworld, I hope someone takes the initiative to put together a final day thread tomorrow with a list of quality independent and older games under $5.

Here was Salsa's from last year:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436731

Of the 1800 or whatever games on Steam, 1250 are currently under $5 and most of them were not featured in daily deals. They aren't all brilliant, but there are easily hundreds of games that deserve a spotlight of some kind.

Salsa...I feel sorry for the little lady. I bet she has been lurking in the shadows of this thread with her face pressed up against the window quietly whispering out loud the comments she would have made, if she could.

That really was a nice thread though, I hope someone picks up the slack.

I'm sure this has been asked already but :

Is Red alert 3 worth buying if you don't care that much about the franchise? It's the only one that even seems remotely interesting.

I found the best of them to be C&C 3.

When Jennifer Morrison tells you to go out and save the day you bloody well do it.

cicero

Just playing the PC will drive you INSANE. It's common to say "lol the computer cheats!". In this case it really does. It will always have the exact cards it needs to kill your creatures or stop you. It will always have the cards it needs for combos. It also has access to cards that you don't. Playing only the PC will make you hate the game for all time. I've dubbed it "the Perfect Card, the Perfect Time, Everytime." I use that with my friends when I talk to them about it and they know exactly what I mean.
So is it even worth a purchase then if single player is likely to be the main playing experience?

Has Galactic Civilization II been in the daily deals?

I could kick myself in the nuts if I missed it.

No. I would kick myself too if I missed that.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I've had no issues with the AI in MtG2012. I can fight the same AI opponent 10 times and sometimes I'll steamroll them, sometimes I get steamrolled and sometimes it's neck and neck. Just like the actual cardgame really.

We got tomorrow to look forward to

Considering how long/tedious this can be, if it's part of tomorrow's achievements and everyone jumps on it, we can safely assume the only people who have it will be the ones who got it before.

I don't have it yet, I had too little patience to wait for presents to spawn (got only 4 out of 10) but if the game's population explodes, no one will get these presents.

Sober

I've had no issues with the AI in MtG2012. I can fight the same AI opponent 10 times and sometimes I'll steamroll them, sometimes I get steamrolled and sometimes it's neck and neck. Just like the actual cardgame really.
Karn is a giant motherfucking cheater but he is the final boss for a reason.

fallout

So I just won a copy of Bad Rats...

Looks like some kind of Incredible Machine knockoff.

Good? Bad?
A friend of mine described it as his most hated game ever. It is indeed an Incredible Machine knockoff, but by the way he described it, it's non-deterministic. As in, shit doesn't always happen the same way. Yeah.

Karn is a giant motherfucking cheater but he is the final boss for a reason.

Karn is like scripted to get Darksteel Colossus in the first two turns or something. So frustrating.

O HAY LOOK MOX SAPPHIRE IN MY STARTING HAND AGAIN! WHAT A COINCIDENCE. DONT MIND IF I PLAY THIS BROKEN POWER 9 CARD

XeroSauce

FO3X2.png

So I got this.

I'm already in the beta though (and I'm a complete narb so I barely play).

What does it mean? Is it the full game? Or just the beta invite? If it's the full game, why can't I unpack it?

Considering how long/tedious this can be, if it's part of tomorrow's achievements and everyone jumps on it, we can safely assume the only people who have it will be the ones who got it before.

I don't have it yet, I had too little patience to wait for presents to spawn (got only 4 out of 10) but if the game's population explodes, no one will get these presents.
You can buy the presents in the auction house.

Tobe

FO3X2.png

So I got this.

What does it mean? Is it the full game? Or just the beta invite? If it's the full game, why can't I unpack it?

its the beta, and you have it already thats why you cant unpack it, soo humm do you wanna trade it?

Rufus

http://i.imgur.com/FO3X2.png

So I got this.

Trade it for coal, then trade coal for games or craft. Or trade it for game(s).

Card Boy

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/FO3X2.png[/IMG

So I got this.

What does it mean? Is it the full game? Or just the beta invite? If it's the full game, why can't I unpack it?[/QUOTE]

Please give it to Arken2121 for a being a generous gaffer. Dude has helped me and others with gifting and has even gifted people aswell.

Rufus

Is the DOD:S achievement bugged?
I got it no problem. Are you trying to get it on servers? The two I tried didn't seem to drop any presents. Open your own game and blow yourself up using grenades or a rocket launcher and pick up the presents you drop yourself. Took maybe two minutes.

seldead

So I just bought the Deus Ex expansion Missing Link, but it did not begin to download immediately and, like a fool, i left the transaction page.

Now when I view the Missing Link page in the store it says I already own it, but looking at the view downloadable content tab on the Deus Ex game it does not show it.

I've tried verifying game cache and restarting steam, and I'm wondering if there's anything i can do on my end before I send a support ticket to steam and have to wait a couple of days to get an answer?

Infinity

For me, the "Missing Link" DLC appears right underneath the Deus-Ex HR entry - like a separate game. It doesn't appear as DLC under DX-HR.

chixdiggit

So I just won a copy of Bad Rats...

Looks like some kind of Incredible Machine knockoff.

Good? Bad?

It is generally viewed as one of the worst, if not the worst, games on Steam.

A friend of mine described it as his most hated game ever.

I think Bad rats is an Urban Myth in some ways. Everybody knows it sucks but nobody has actually ever played it. The only thing we know about it is always a "I heard from a friend" or "My Dad said he used to own that game" or "A cousin of mine played it at his babysitters house once".

I got it no problem. Are you trying to get it on servers? The two I tried didn't seem to drop any presents. Open your own game and blow yourself up using grenades or a rocket launcher and pick up the presents you drop yourself. Took maybe two minutes.

That seemed to work, thanks, but nothing has appeared in the inventory. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom