• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Flight Control? i though it was pretty easy.

Took me exactly 59 minutes from purchase to achievement obtained. Don't know if that counts as easy or not. I guess its kindof a long time to spend straight on a game like that, but listening to the TWIT Christmas special while doing it made the time fly by (no pun intended).

0ZLjk.jpg

Fuck

you

Team

Meat

Pretty sure my right index finger just broke at some point near the end there

People hate Flight Control?

Man, how sad for them.

0ZLjk.jpg

Fuck

you

Team

Meat

Pretty sure my right index finger just broke at some point near the end there

Hah. That was a mistake, you know that right? They said so on the twitter-thing. It's supposed to be The Kid's Xmas. It'll probably be fixed tomorrow. I still plan to get Golden Gift at some point but I'm not gonna stress over it now. U:

People hate Flight Control?

Man, how sad for them.

Hah. That was a mistake, you know that right? They said so on the twitter-thing. It's supposed to be The Kid's Xmas. It'll probably be fixed tomorrow. I still plan to get Golden Gift at some point but I'm not gonna stress over it now. U:

Assuming they aren't trolling...

https://twitter.com/#!/SuperMeatBoy/status/153023232184823808

So turns out Steam actually really liked the super hard "golden gift" holiday achievement and decided to keep it as the main achievement!
49 minutes ago via web

Tobe

Fuck crafting 21 pieces of coal just fr 3 damn coupons and not even good ones :/ i wanted dota 2. Well at least there is gonna be another super fun bingo.

fokkusu

Any UK Gaffer around how could gift me GTA Complete pack and Sid Meier's Pirates?

I have PayPal. And if interested I have X3: Gold (X3: Reunion & X3: Terran Conflict) for exchange.

DRZ

Got full Audiosurf as Gift, but I already have it... Someone want to trade with another full game of similar cost?

XeroSauce

I don't know why people were expecting more then normal from the SMB cheevo. I didn't even bother, the time:reward ratio is horrendous.

It is just like Steam to troll users by keeping the hard one.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dead Rising: OTR is half-off even if it's not a daily deal.

If you don't own DR2 and want to, that's not a bad deal.
That's one that I'm checking out in case Batman isn't in the recap. Does OTR have time limits like DR2? I hate time limits, but I love photography, so that is why I'm thinking of that one.

Flunkie

Banned
I'M GONNA DO IT. I'M GONNA CRAFT ALL MY COAL. JUST YOU WATCH ME

...GET COUPONS FOR EVERYTHING

Edit: Well fuck. Got Trine and Vegas: Make It Big as my two games, and the rest were coupons. :\

A coupon for Garshap is a slap in the face.

NBtoaster

I'M GONNA DO IT. I'M GONNA CRAFT ALL MY COAL. JUST YOU WATCH ME

...GET COUPONS FOR EVERYTHING

Edit: Well fuck. Got Trine and Vegas: Make It Big as my two games, and the rest were coupons. :\

A coupon for Garshap is a slap in the face.

Trine is a really good result.

edit: oh wait, I'm thinking of Trine 2 lol, that would be great.

Feep

Banned
You know, I think for all the coupon sadness, most people by this point have at least gotten a game or two, and hopefully were able to trade it for something beneficial. I got Portal 2 from a coal crafting, and was able to trade up to a Bastion soundtrack with some random coal and coupons. I'm happy!

Okay, so can someone tell me what's wrong with me? I just played CrimeCraft for the achievement and it's kind of.. fun?

I remembered this post from yesterday, and.. I kind of have to agree! Maybe I'll play this some more at some point.

Also, the CrimeCraft acheivement gave me Napoleon: Total War! I was always interested in the series so this is awesome!

Mikeside

I managed that evil SMB one, fuck me that wasn't worth the 1 coal I got

Achievement finally got me to pickup SpaceChem - so amazing! I absolutely can't believe how brilliant it is :) Perfect for chilling my poor hands out after that damned SMB one.

Tomodachi

I only bought one very cheap game all sale, and today suddenly a lot of games I want pop-up in daily deals all together. Thanks a lot Gabe...

Question about SpaceChem:

Is there a way to retry a level without deleting (and in the process losing) your previous solution?

P.S: The game is AWESOME.

EDIT: Seems like the answer is no.. :(

It's funny, I went into this sale with a "no-doubledip" rule, and have just now picked up Deus Ex + DLC, as well as having picked up Batman: AC on Gamersgate earlier this week.

Putting it in perspective, though, The Missing Link alone on the 360 would have cost me £10, the price of the whole game on sale, and I've spent just over £50 over the last two weeks on sales, where I would have spent three times as much getting a similar haul on console games.

Ricker

I had SpaceChem before this sale but never sat down and gave it much time until tonight.

Wow. I'm hooked.

I'm tempted but I read it gets pretty damn hard,pretty dam fast but still,at that price I think I will get it.

How about the Puzzle Agent game? point and click stuff? any good?

Chaos

Just a heads up if you were thinking of getting Dues Ex Human Rev, cheaper on greemangaming for today only.

Greenmangaming (with discount code - WINTR-DEUSX-DEALS )

Deus Ex HR - £8.82

Activates on Steam

nny

I'm tempted but I read it gets pretty damn hard,pretty dam fast but still,at that price I think I will get it.

How about the Puzzle Agent game? point and click stuff? any good?

More like a Professor Layton game; puzzles with some story in between them.

GetGames is a shitty page.

So I went created an account to get Mafia 2, since it was cheaper than Steam, and now they won't allow me to use PayPal as a payment option?

Why they didn't say anything on the game page? why is PayPal on their payment options when you can't use it anyway?

Fuck this page, I'm not giving them my CC info.

I just crafted a B.M.O.C...

I heard that it's valuable? How much exactly and where can I trade it? The last time I really played TF2 was YEARS ago, so I don't really get the whole economy sourrounding it.

bs000

It's really easy to get just playing normal. Hop onto a random match and you should be able to snag 3 gifts the very first time you play a stage as survivors.

Drop rates are quick, and since it takes 5 minutes to get 3, most people will already have them and not even care about getting them.

You can also just type "map c1m2_streets versus" in the console and play by yourself. Alot of special infected spawn right outside the safehouse. After a few minutes the game ends saying there needs to be human players but you can just keep doing it till you get 3 presents.

L4D2 is easy. You can do it alone or with one friend. Just start a No Mercy versus match, friends-only, go down the stairs so the Special Infected can spawn, then just go back up or stay down in the area. The SI will be bots. Easy.

It's really easy to get just playing normal. Hop onto a random match and you should be able to snag 3 gifts the very first time you play a stage as survivors.

Drop rates are quick, and since it takes 5 minutes to get 3, most people will already have them and not even care about getting them.
Indeed, I jumped into a random game and got it rather easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom