• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulletstorm is pretty fucking awesome, yeah. I can't believe I had never bothered to look up what it was. I checked out the GT review the day it was on sale and I was sold. I finally installed it two days ago and have been having a blast. If it's a repeat daily, everyone should look into it. I don't even like FPS games that much (besides L4D and TF2), and I love this game.

Platy

So what's the deal here? Today is the last day for new objectives but there will be another day of sales (best of day)?

I have two tough achievements left (Dungeon Defenders and Revenge of the Titans) and am just curious if I need to do them today.

GetGames is a shitty page.

So I went created an account to get Mafia 2, since it was cheaper than Steam, and now they won't allow me to use PayPal as a payment option?

Why they didn't say anything on the game page? why is PayPal on their payment options when you can't use it anyway?

Fuck this page, I'm not giving them my CC info.

Gamersgate has it for the same price, and they're pretty good:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MAFIA2/mafia-ii

Derrick01

Banned
I just crafted a B.M.O.C...

I heard that it's valuable? How much exactly and where can I trade it? The last time I really played TF2 was YEARS ago, so I don't really get the whole economy sourrounding it.

I was told it was going for $50+ but when I tried to trade for AC revelations (which was $37.50 that day) I was laughed at and told it wasn't worth much. Then I tried Driver when it was $25 and received more laughs.

I was also told there's 2 versions, a tradeable and non tradeable one. I have the non tradeable so I had to buy gift wrapping to trade it only to find out that no one wants it.

Flunkie

Banned
I remembered this post from yesterday, and.. I kind of have to agree! Maybe I'll play this some more at some point.

Also, the CrimeCraft acheivement gave me Napoleon: Total War! I was always interested in the series so this is awesome!
I just spent all night playing. What is wrong with me? This game is supposed to be bad but I can't stop playing.

The combat is just so.. fun, so fresh. It actually reminds me a bit of the old SOCOM days. And the RPG/character building hooks are firmly in place.. I just don't understand how this isn't a more popular game!

Platy

L4D2 is easy. You can do it alone or with one friend. Just start a No Mercy versus match, friends-only, go down the stairs so the Special Infected can spawn, then just go back up or stay down in the area. The SI will be bots. Easy.

How do you start a versus game alone ? =|

I was told it was going for $50+ but when I tried to trade for AC revelations (which was $37.50 that day) I was laughed at and told it wasn't worth much. Then I tried Driver when it was $25 and received more laughs.

I was also told there's 2 versions, a tradeable and non tradeable one. I have the non tradeable so I had to buy gift wrapping to trade it only to find out that no one wants it.

I'm thinking about just keeping it to see if the value will increase after the event is over. It's still a rare hat (<1000 exist), just a lot of people getting rid of it now.

Are you trying the right places? SourceOP or TF2TP seem like a good place to start. On /r/TF2 someone was saying they was only a 1000 or so B.M.O.C's.

Derrick01

Banned
Are you trying the right places? SourceOP or TF2TP seem like a good place to start. On /r/TF2 someone was saying they was only a 1000 or so B.M.O.C's.

Sounds like I should just keep it for a little while since the value's so low now. I can always wait to play assassin's creed.

Bulletstorm is pretty fucking awesome, yeah. I can't believe I had never bothered to look up what it was. I checked out the GT review the day it was on sale and I was sold. I finally installed it two days ago and have been having a blast. If it's a repeat daily, everyone should look into it. I don't even like FPS games that much (besides L4D and TF2), and I love this game.
That's what I keep hearing everywhere. Sadly, due to regional pricing I didn't get it when it was a daily.

€12.50 versus $5, fuck that shit.

Heppell

Banned
Is fallout a good deal for $10? What's the opinion by GAF? and is the GTA series sort after by GAF as well because it's fairly cheap?

Dambrosi

Banned
If anyone still wants the GTA Complete pack from the UK (only £4,99, folks!), and has Paypal, send me a friend request at http://steamcommunity.com/id/kingofallkosmos and I'll sort you out.

Oh, and feel free to throw me a few beans on top as well - I really wanna buy the Missing Link DLC before its Daily Deal ends, and I'm just short of funds. Or we can do the whole trading thing, I've got some games and coal and shit.

sat312011inv.png

I'll trade Stranger's Wrath for all the DX:HR DLC, no joke. I'm desperate enough to do it, too! Don't think I won't!

crazy%20begging%20ideas%2012%5B3%5D.jpg

Help a GAFfer out, guv.

I can't even complete the first level in the Christmas batch in Super Meat Boy. No easy/cheaty way to do this, right?

I used the ALT glitch to clear one level in case they change the achievement that's required, it's not that hard.

On another note: I just crafted 7 coal and got...nothing? I have the same games and coupons as before. I see there is an Ebeneezer hat for TF2 in that section, but I don't even own that game, and it's not tradable, so if that's what I got for crafting its even worse than a fucking coupon.

Can you get TF2 hats for crafting?

Giard

I used the ALT glitch to clear one level in case they change the achievement that's required, it's not that hard.

On another note: I just crafted 7 coal and got...nothing? I have the same games and coupons as before. I see there is an Ebeneezer hat for TF2 in that section, but I don't even own that game, and it's not tradable, so if that's what I got for crafting its even worse than a fucking coupon.

Can you get TF2 hats for crafting?
It's probably worth a lot of coal. Or money.

coopolon

I've now passed on Bastion for $5 twice, and have regretted it both times. Hope it comes back for "best of" day
so that I can probably pass on it and regret it again.

naib

Question about SpaceChem:

Is there a way to retry a level without deleting (and in the process losing) your previous solution?

P.S: The game is AWESOME.

EDIT: Seems like the answer is no.. :(
Not that I've been able to find. Bit you can drag select everything and hit delete. That was a relief to discover. You just have to move the binders then.

edit: sorry. Misunderstood the question.

just played 100minutes of Bulletstorm..
gosh best FPS i ever played till date.

hate to say it.. but well done EA lol

I'd say well done to People Can Fly and Epic for making such a crazy fun game. Too bad it flopped so hard in the market, we'll probably never see a sequel.

masterkajo

How? It's not tradable!

I got the B.M.O.C. hat. It will become tradeable as soon as you spend money in the TF2 Mann Co shop to upgrade your account to premium. Cheapest thing to buy is 0.49.- AFAIK. The hats are worth about 20-40.- depending on the people you trade with. So you might consider spending 0.50.- to be able to trade the hat worth of 20+. I know I will.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
How? It's not tradable!

You can buy gift wrap in-game for $2. That lets you trade almost anything that's otherwise untradable. Even a "dirty" (untradable) Ebenezer hat is worth plenty (4-6 keys, about $10 I think), plus the purchase will make your TF2 account premium so you can trade in the first place.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
You can buy gift wrap in-game for $2. That lets you trade almost anything that's otherwise untradable. Even a "dirty" (untradable) Ebenezer hat is worth plenty (4-6 keys, about $10 I think), plus the purchase will make your TF2 account premium so you can trade in the first place.

I have the BMOC too. How much coal do you think i could get for it? I wasted my 7 coal by crafting it into a 50% Audiosurf voucher so i might trade it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I don`t know if this is the right thread, but could a UK/US Gaffer gift me GTA Complete + Fallout NV. I will pay via PP.

Angry Fork

Unless it is golden you can't use it until January 2nd. Read the fine print on the coupon for more details.

oh haha yea I should've read more carefully, mine is pointless then it's 50% off hydrophobia. I wasn't interested in the game but I figure I'd use it, but it would be cheaper if I bought it now than waited until Jan 2nd. Maybe I can find someone that'll trade a TF2 item for it =P

Missed that in your post. Are you sure?
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Ebenezer
Its wiki page seems to say the contrary.

TF2Hat.png

So I have to buy something to do anything with the hat? What a racket.

yamo

You can also just type "map c1m2_streets versus" in the console and play by yourself. Alot of special infected spawn right outside the safehouse. After a few minutes the game ends saying there needs to be human players but you can just keep doing it till you get 3 presents.

How come I only spawn as an infected everytime I try this?

Edit: Just incredibly bad luck I suppose.. spawned as an infected 9/10 times.

Wow Sonic Generation is a bad game. It have terrible controlling issues, jumping mechanics is off, and have alot of glitches. I just don't understand how people recommended this game.

/vent

TheKurgan

Deus Ex worth the price? ($21 for Augmented Edition)

Also, if I was to buy only 1 Command and Conquer which one would you recommend.

Thanks.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Hmm... now that's interesting. I peaked at the item schema for TF2 and all three of the holiday items are marked as being tradable.

I'm not sure why they can't be traded

People who have non tradeable hats don't have premium TF2 accounts. Buying a 49c item from the store will upgrade the account to premium and make the hat tradeable.

Deus Ex worth the price? ($21 for Augmented Edition)

Also, if I was to buy only 1 Command and Conquer which one would you recommend.

Thanks.

It's cheaper today on Green Man Gaming with a code, you'll have to see the cheap arse gaffer thread for the code. I believe it was ten dollars or something. Not sure if it was the Augmented edition.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Damn it. How common is it to get literally nothing for crafting coal? It even gave me the pop up saying something new was in my inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom