• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

aKtWW.jpg

MRORANGE did just just buy Magicka? :O

Yaska

Gee whiz Valve, got from achievements 2 -25% off valve game. Kinda disappointed in my bad luck. No games at all, nor even something remotely usable.

StuBurns

Banned
-25% Valve
-25% Valve
-40% The Witcher 2
-50% OFF STORM: Frontline Nation
-50% OFF BIT.TRIP.BEAT
-50% OFF Back to the Future
-50% OFF Farming Simulator 2011
-50% OFF Arcania: Gothic 4
-50% OFF Railworks 3: Train Simulator 2012
-50% OFF Nordic Games
-50% OFF Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete
-10% OFF Meridian4

What an amazing collection...! LOl.

Can I have the Witcher discount? I have nothing to offer for it, but if you're in the giving mood. No offense will be taken if you decline of course.

Thomper

So the Poker Night achievement hasn't popped up yet, right? It'd be amazing if they decided to skip that achievement after some people devoted hours to it trying to get it. Wow. :p

Ettie

Daggerdale got some bad press on PC release IIRC, anyone try it? I'm a loot whore whore, so with that in mind, should I bite or pass?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The more I peruse this thread, the more I'm convinced I'm just about the only bloke who hasn't won Dota 2.

Same. I have 8 coals(and 8 coupons!) left and don't know If I should craft a coupon or hope for the best for the big contest.

From this point on, I'll be saving.

It started so well, got Dota 2 really fast, then all kind of went to shit. I did get L4D which I gave a friend, and a train game I gave a GAFfer, but that's all really.

CS:GO and Dota 2? I want to hate you.

Nymerio

May get BIT.TRIP BEAT. Had a lot of fun getting the achievement for RUNNER. I was hoping for a 75% deal on Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes but it's "only" 50%. Is there another sale tomorrow?

Also, is L.A. Noire worth it? I wanted to get it anyway but I've heard a few negative things about the PC version. If I don't really care wether I play on my PC or a console, should I get the PC version?

Jasoco

Banned
Oh boy. I really want the BioShock games. But how will they run in Windows on my Air? I have a 1.7GHz Dual-Core i5. The requirements say Core2Duo and no specific MHz. I assume that means it has options for lowering graphics if I have to. I'm willing to spend the $10 for both just to have them as long as they play. I don't give a crap about a shitty story or anything. I mean, I bought Duke Nukem Forever for $8. I can live with horrible stories.

Hmm...I guess I'll get the Vietnam and Cthulu Magicka DLC early tomorrow morning and then have a good think about the then currently non-Daily Deals on the wishlist tomorrow evening.

If any come back that were prior on sale in my list since I got some Christmas cash, I guess I'd hope for Jamestown and maybe Bastion.

I'm not crafting any coal. I already received two coupons, 50% off a Valve game (I already have all of them that I would want) and 50% off Demolition, Inc. (which is currently 75% off). So yeah.

None of the games I have seem to have achievements. The achievements I have won for just doing random things in steam have so far given me like 4 coals and 33% off of certain valve games or whatever. To read that some people are winning ENTIRE games in here is pretty annoying, wtf

JaseC

if it makes you feel any better you can have my 25% off Valve games when DOTA 2 does come out!... oh wait.

It's better than my -10% Valve coupon! (Though, I also have a -33% one.)

Hate the game, not the player.

The typical response of a CS player. :p

Actually I feel kind of bad about CS:GO, I virtually haven't touched it. It runs kind of bad, and I still prefer Source by quite a bit.

This reminds me: is the built-in GunGame mode in the beta?

count me in your team JaseC :/

Team Shit. :(

atomsk

Party Pooper
If anyone wants these coupons I am giving them away (just shoot me a PM)

25% off Valve (x2)
50% off Hacker Evolution
50% L4D2
50% The Ball
50% Rockstar Games
50% Bit Trip Runner

First rule of the Steam Holiday Sale 2011:
Do not craft your coal.
Second rule of the Steam Holiday Sale 2011:
Do NOT CRAFT your COAL.
Third rule of the Steam Holiday Sale 2011:
Wait for the daily deals.
that's not how percents work
It does from January 2nd, 2012 through March 1st, 2012.

JaseC

When I'm done with the remaining few objectives I'm interested in getting, I will post a pic of how pathetic my haul is.

fuckyousteamt46qz.png

The -50% M:TG 2012 coupon was crafted. As equally useless as the rest of its peers.

Edit: The Killing Floor guest pass is up for grabs if you're interested, but the Valve games aren't; I'm saving them for this.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Total spent: $68.78

Game haul (26 games):
Alice: Madness Returns - A bank-breaking $7.49
Hard Reset - $4.99 - Highly recommend so far
Bulletstorm - $4.99 - Highly recommend
Worms Crazy Golf - $4.99
Rochard - $4.99
EDGE - $3.99 - Recommend
Fortix 2 - $2.49 - Highly recommend
Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2.49
Revenge of the Titans - $2.49
Xotic - $2.49 - Weirdly recommend
SpaceChem - $2.49 - Recommend with some difficulty
Universe Sandbox - $2.49 - Highly recommend
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - $2.49
Puzzle Agent 2 - $2.49
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome - $2.49 - Recommend
Psychonauts - $2.49 - Highly recommend
Rock of Ages - $2.49 - Recommend
Star Wars Republic Commando - $2.49
FLOCK! - $2.00 - Meh
Westward IV - $1.74 - Highly recommend
American Conquest - $1.24 - Recommend against
Dungeons of Dredmor - $1.24 - Recommend
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter - $1.24
AlternativA - Gift from Kabouter
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy - Gift from Volcynika
Drakensang - Gift from Jinfash

Crafting has just been a complete and utter waste of time for me. My wishlist is down to 30 items, which is great, and I don't really want half of them, so hopefully I'll be able to polish off the wishlist and be "caught up" in 2012.

MRORANGE

Pretty much sums up half the posts in the trading thread.

nah this is more like it:

I HAVE GAME "X"
(which i got for 90% off)
I WANT GAME "y"
(which costs 5 times as much)
I WILL ALSO THROW IN A HUMBLE BUNDLE KEY!
(which I paid 3 cents for)

WHAT A BARGAIN!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I retired from cheevo hunting a couple days ago. You guys need to accept that it will only end in heart break. It's time to let go.

I did just win HL2: Episode One since I have Steam Guard activated. Unfortunately, I already own it and it's only worth like two lumps of coal at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom