• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I already have Clash of Heroes on the 360 but tempted to double dip as I am on my PC alot more often... hmm

Are the load times any better on PC? On 360 they are annoying as shit.

Firebrand

Crap, should have jumped on that .99 cents!

Did anyone get it at that price?
I did, but I feel bad for not being quicker at grabbing some gift copies for friends.

TBH I never cared for the demo of Trine 1 but since I've been enjoying Trine 2 a lot I thought I'd give it another shot.

1-D_FTW

PsychoRaven was kind enough to give me 1 coal so I could craft my coal into something.

Another Valve coupon. So that's it. 5 shots on the final day netted me 2 Valve coupons. Oh, well. Can't complain.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Because there's no reason to have the coupons if you can't use them or if there's a better deal. Every coupon should have been usable during the sale.
I think the coupons will be useful if some of the games drop their MSRP or go on partial sale again during coupon timeperiod. It might end up being thesame as the christmas sale but will be good for those that can't spend anymore right now on deals

kswiston

Is the Game of Thrones: Genesis Achievement bugged? I got the achievement in game, but it is not showing up on Steam. Starting to regret jumping on the $10 amazon sale. I knew the game was not very good going in, but I am having issues running it without a ton of lag...

Also, does anyone know when the coupons activate on Jan 2nd? I am holding out hope that the coupons and holiday sale will overlap by 10 hours (assuming tomorrow's Dailies expire at 10am PST, Jan 2nd).

Kintaco

Thank goodness for the Ending Soon option! I almost forgot to get Fallout: New Vegas. How are the expansions for it? Should I get them all, or are some not worth getting?

HOARD was one of my surprises from the summer sale, it's a fun arcadey game that you can play in short bursts. The mode I've played the most is score attack, you basically have to burn and pillage the surrounding towns, kidnap and ransom princesses while dealing with escalating challenges--towns spawn archers, dragon slaying knights appear, wizards towers and thieves after your hoard all appear with greater frequency--trying to amass the largest pile of gold.

It's a neat little game. It was up there with Defence Grid and Sanctum as one of the gems of the summer sale for me.

The Trine price glitch seems to indicate that tomorrow won't be entirely recap sales. E.Y.E. dropped in price the day before it went Daily and was pulled similarly. Maybe Trine pack on sale tomorrow.

Bliddo

I'm done, got all the achievements I could get.

last.png

Luigi87

Sweet, four gift unlocks today!

>2 Coal
>25% off Valve
>33% off Valve
*already owns all Valve titles*

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Volcynika

The Trine price glitch seems to indicate that tomorrow won't be entirely recap sales. E.Y.E. dropped in price the day before it went Daily and was pulled similarly. Maybe Trine pack on sale tomorrow.

Not sure if that might happen, devs already said Trine 2 wouldn't be on sale during the sale period.

kswiston

I can't help wanting to wait for a cheaper bundle with all the DLC.

Game plus all the DLC is currently a little over $16. The GOTY edition will probably launch at $40 or $50. You might be waiting a year to get the GOTY edtion as cheap as it currently is during this sale.

Kintaco

I can't help wanting to wait for a cheaper bundle with all the DLC.
Yeah I was thinking the same, but if one of the DLC's sucks hard I figured I could bypass it.

Game plus all the DLC is currently a little over $16. The GOTY edition will probably launch at $40 or $50. You might be waiting a year to get the GOTY edtion as cheap as it currently is during this sale.
Yeah, $15 isn't bad.

RoboShmup

Banned
Finally won my first game of the sale.

Completed the Counter Strike: Source achievement, and won a copy of Counter Strike: Source.

Sigh.

Looks like Morrowind isn't going to go on sale.

I'll probably pick it up.

Also I got The Witcher, and so far it seems boring and ugly. I'll play it some more and see if it grows on me.

Raxus

Looks like Morrowind isn't going to go on sale.

I'll probably pick it up.

Also I got The Witcher, and so far it seems boring and ugly. I'll play it some more and see if it grows on me.

ESIII is on sale until the 20th. If you want a bethesda coupon I have one I can trade you. Just PM me if your interested.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Is that DLC included with the game when you buy it on Steam, or do I need to get it elsewhere?

That DLC is NOT included, so you have to buy BS2 on Steam, then add 400 MS points to your GFW Live account, if you have one, then launch the game, go to the downloadable content section, buy the content through there, and GFW Live will handle the download and installation. I launched it successfully so the process seemed to work OK.

coopolon

If it doesn't, I have an (accidental) extra copy in my inventory that I need to get rid of.

Dude, you are like, super duper quadruper awesome. Thanks man!

Minerva's Den PC is on sale for 5 bucks right now. I'm downloading it through GFW Live interface (which is still GARBAGE, naturally) and god willing this thing will work with my Steam copy of Bioshock 2 without issue.

Thanks for pointing this out! Have some spacebucks in my account and this is probably the best possible use for them.

It's part of the achievements today though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom