• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
So which is the more fun online co-op game: Magicka or Dungeon Defenders?

Also, do they have versus modes? If so, which one excels at that as well?

Kammie

After being declined by the credit card company on the final purchase and having to call, here's my final tally for my first holiday sale. I did really good with my first free games (three with like only five achievements done), but didn't get another until yesterday when I crafted my third batch of coal.

Humble Bundle
And Yet It Moves
Cave Story +
Cogs
Dungeons of Dredmor
Gratuitous Space Battles
Hammerfight
Jamestown
NightSky
Shank

Steam
Alice: Madness Returns
Assassin’s Creed II – Director’s Cut
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition
Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars – Director’s Cut
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror
Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon
Costume Quest
Dark Void
Devil May Cry 4
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-life Deathmatch: Source
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Left4Dead 2
Mount & Blade: Warband
Myst: Masterpiece Edition
Psychonauts
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Prince of Persia 2008
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Resident Evil 5
Team Fortress Classic
Tomb Raider Legend
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Underworld
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Syberia
Syberia II

Free
Aliens vs Predator (Achievement gift)
Day of Defeat: Source (Achievement gift)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Achievement gift)
Portal 2 (coal crafting)
Rome: Total War: Gold Edition (Used $5 Amazon coupon)

Amazon
Assassin's Creed - Director's Cut
Bioshock
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Crysis Wars
Crysis 2
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition
Just Cause 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (all DLC through Steam)
Major League Baseball 2K11
Mirror’s Edge
Sid Meier's Civilization IV Complete
Sid Meier's Civilization V GOTY Edition
Sonic Generations
Stronghold Collection
Total War: Shogun 2

Total: 207 dollars.

I emptied out my wishlist, so the next sale should be a lot easier on the wallet.

Now to find the time to play....

If anyone wants a 50% TwoWorlds coupon, let me know. I'm not going to use it.

SlickVic

Skyrim tempts me again. No doubt in my mind it's worth $40, but for a game of this scope, I know it's something I'm not going to be able to really dive into until I get some free time over the summer, at which point it'll probably be cheaper. But still, so tempting to buy it just to see what all the fuss is about, and you just feel remiss for not playing one of 2011's best games yet.

leroidys

Are the deals really lasting for another 15 hours? My valve coupons start on the 2nd, so it looks like I could use it on portal 2 in the early hours tomorrow.

Anyone know for sure?

matt05891

I didn't check this thread; finally got 7 coal a minute ago(No time) and got 25% valve coupon.

What a waste I already had a 33% off.

Reikon

I didn't buy anything this winter sale. Combination of more careful management of my backlog and nothing that interested me enough.

mclem

Okay, so now that I know there's going to be no daily deal, I am interested in DOOM and DOOM II, but here there's Final DOOM, The Ultimate DOOM, and DOOM II. Which is which and which ones should I get? Also, what mods should I use to update the games?

The Ultimate Doom is the final version of Doom 1; it added the fourth chapter.
Doom II is, well, Doom II.
Final Doom was an officially-sanctioned standalone addon; it was two full new 32-level Doom 2 episodes made by some of the more prolific WAD designers. It didn't include the original Doom 2.

As for updates: Doom Legacy, jDoom and zDoom are the three I recall from some time ago, and I *think* zDoom has kept going since then.

Only bought the Witcher (which in hindsight was a bad move because everyone was trading this) and Dungeon Defenders.

Still have a copy of Dungeon Defenders. $3 USD Paypal.

I just came here to say that sanctum is worth the price of admission just for the text to speech feature. Making Stephen Hawking say "Ass to mouth" doesn't seem to ever get old.

iammeiam

Really been thinking on picking up Skyrim, just cant pull myself to pull the trigger on it.

I'm in a similar boat, but I think this will probably ultimately push me to buy tomorrow morning. I've seen enough of the 360 version being played to know I'm going to have a hard time taking the storyline seriously, but riding around on Rainbow Dash through towns full of Juggalo kids just might make the whole thing work.

filipe

Can someone quickly explain the difference between Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition and Serious Sam HD: Double Pack?

I know the double pack just has the First and Second Encounter redone in HD, but not having ever played SS as a kid, I don't know what the Gold Edition is at all.

Anyone?

mannerbot

Can someone quickly explain the difference between Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition and Serious Sam HD: Double Pack?

I know the double pack just has the First and Second Encounter redone in HD, but not having ever played SS as a kid, I don't know what the Gold Edition is at all.

Anyone?

Gold Edition has the original, non-"HD" versions as well.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
$.95 on my Steam Wallet, Dark Void Zero costs $.99, and I promised to myself that I wouldn't charge my card again for the sale.

Damn me, hahaha.

web01

I need some help buying Shogun 2 + DLC and
Deus Ex Human Revolution + DLC from the US steam store.
If anyone can help PM me.

filipe

Gold Edition has the original, non-"HD" versions as well.

Thank you, and if that's it, I'll just be buying the Double Pack for $2.99, hopefully by the time I get to them BFE will be on sale again. Makes more sense to play these before putting money down on the 3rd.

TGMIII

Do we know if the coupons will work at midnight ? Do they already work in Europe and Australia ?

Don't currently work in Europe so we'll have to all wait until valve makes the coupons live. I'm not holding my breath though, I doubt the coupons will stack with sales but I hope I'm wrong.

Shaneus

A bit late, but thanks to xeno for coming through with LA Noire! Also, an encouragement award for willflare for offering as well, but a bit later than xeno did ;)

Nelo Ice

Banned
Ok last minute should I get Magicka collection or Shogun 2:Rise of the Samurai DLC, Blood pack, westward IV and dark void zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom