• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Ben

Banned
Umm, can somebody add me on steam and do a useless trade with me so I can get one of the achievements? Like, a spiral knights item for a spiral knights item or something. I'm either V_Ben or sionwynz, I can never remember which works... Pretty please? :D

All the soundtracks i've seen on Steam act like DLC. You need the base game. Just search for "soundtrack" and check out some of the results.

With Bastion it seems possible, but it places the music in the game folder, so maybe it just creates a game folder solely for the music.

Kuwa

Umm, can somebody add me on steam and do a useless trade with me so I can get one of the achievements? Like, a spiral knights item for a spiral knights item or something. I'm either V_Ben or sionwynz, I can never remember which works... Pretty please? :D

Sure, adding you now

Pirabear

Banned
iHJe3.png

WTF, are they brothers or something?

I've lost count on how many times this confused me.

Smithy C

This seems like a good place to ask. Just bought Bastion with the soundtrack, but how do you actually download the soundtrack and put it in iTunes or something?

Sanic

Was a safe sale for me, if only because I purchased a great deal of stuff during previous sales in the year.

Dead Island 4 pack
The Oddboxx
Dungeons of Dredmor DLC
Train Simulator 2012

Received several games through the Great Gift Pile as well. Overall a good time.

PaulLFC

Not sure what I'm doing wrong with the Sanctum achievement; I downloaded the Christmas map DLC, chose single player > Christmas map > standard game. But none of the enemies are wearing santa hats, which are supposed to indicate that they'll drop presents. Do I need to play in another game type?

Not sure what I'm doing wrong with the Sanctum achievement; I downloaded the Christmas map DLC, chose single player > Christmas map > standard game. But none of the enemies are wearing santa hats, which are supposed to indicate that they'll drop presents. Do I need to play in another game type?

Not all the enemies wear Santa hats. Only occasionally will an enemy be wearing one. Also apparently you can shoot Santa out of the sky.

Sanic

If I remember correctly, it looks like that's all correct. Drops are somewhat rare, with usually just one hat wearing enemy spawning per wave, sometimes none.

allansm

Maybe try to change your computer date back to December?

PaulLFC

Ah okay, thanks! Played through the first 3 waves or so and didn't see any hat-wearing enemies, but I'll just keep playing and see what happens.

gotee12

That's what I did. Took maybe ten minutes to get enough present drops from the hat wearing baddies. That ten minutes also includes shooting down Santa in his sleigh which netted about 5 presents.

neoism

guys can I please have your help just got BATMAN AC and after 6 hours of downlding I don't understand the Enter the Serial code.

I copy and pasted the unlock request code and it failed.... then I put in the cd key steam gave me got the same thing.... WTF please help me.. :(

Big-E

Bought 23 games for the price of $123.72. Skyrim was a big chunk of that. I love you Steam even though you denied me DotA 2.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Can any US gaffer gift me Dead Rising 2? (it's unavailable in my region)

Can Paypal right away, or trade (X Superbox, HL2 Ep2 + Lost Coast, -33% Sega games, 5 coals)

EDIT: got it, thanks a lot Xeno!! :D

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
I have a giftable copy of Dirt 2 if anyone would like that. Just shoot me through a PM with your email address if you want to claim the copy.

Everdred

Bought The Following:

Already Beat:
Deus Ex Human Revolution Missing Link
Deus Ex Human Revolution - Favorite game of the year.
Renegade Ops + DLC
Hard Reset (RoW)

Working On:
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy

I bought EYE based on the awesome, action packed trailers. I'm only 2 hours in but I think those trailers are a little deceiving. Graphics/art is good, Weapons feel great, movement feels great, but the rest of the game is a mess. The story is impossible to follow and the AI is horrible. I feel like this game would be awesome as a competitive shooter but as a singleplayer experience, it doesn't seem all that great. It was only 2.50 on sale so I'm not too disappointed.

guys can I please have your help just got BATMAN AC and after 6 hours of downlding I don't understand the Enter the Serial code.

I copy and pasted the unlock request code and it failed.... then I put in the cd key steam gave me got the same thing.... WTF please help me.. :(

go to the Batman AC steam forums they should be able to help you out.

I had the same problem with my retail copy and they sorted it out for me.

BLU-82

Anyone want super meat boy? I have a spare have amnesia: dark decent too

EDIT: given super meat boy to the bingo thing. Madrugor called amnesia.

aktham

Hey GAF

What is GAF's opinion on Magicka? Should I buy the complete package or just the core game?

Also, what about Bastion?

I'll be playing both on a laptop btw.

Hey GAF

What is GAF's opinion on Magicka? Should I buy the complete package or just the core game?

I bought the package, mainly for the achievement which requires DLC. It's a pretty demanding game on my old computer but I like it.

Hey GAF

Might as well get the complete pack as it's not much more than getting the two DLCs that count (Vietnam and Stars, if I recall).

Try the demo if there is one, apparently the game is notorious for not working on integrated graphics cards from laptops.

Dambrosi

Banned
Hey GAF

Magicka is awesome, especially in four-player co-op, though it's still very good in single-player. Can be played with a pad, though most prefer keyboard & mouse for speed of input. However, though they may not look it, the graphics are quite demanding, and I believe the game might not work with integrated chipsets as a result (could someone confirm?), so playing it on a laptop is not ideal.

And yeah, get the full pack. You really want the Vietnam and The Stars Are Left expansion packs, but there's quite a few cool gadgets and cosmetic items among the rest of the DLC, and you won't be paying much more for them if you don't already own the game.

I dunno about Bastion, what little I've played of it was nicely presented, but struck me as limited and slightly boring. The narration is nice, though.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I won a copy of Portal 2. I already own it though, so does anyone want to trade me for something else?

Magicka is awesome, especially in four-player co-op, though it's still very good in single-player. Can be played with a pad, though most prefer keyboard & mouse for speed of input. However, though they may not look it, the graphics are quite demanding, and I believe the game might not work with integrated chipsets as a result (could someone confirm?), so playing it on a laptop is not ideal.

And yeah, get the full pack. You really want the Vietnam and The Stars Are Left expansion packs, but there's quite a few cool gadgets and cosmetic items among the rest of the DLC, and you won't be paying much more for them if you don't already own the game.

I dunno about Bastion, what little I've played of it was nicely presented, but struck me as limited and slightly boring. The narration is nice, though.

It works barely on my HP running a built in Radeon HD 4200.

Do I need the DLC for Magicka to get the achievement? And if so what DLC?
I just got a vanilla copy of Magicka in a trade.

It says on wiki you don't but it does make it easier if you have The Stars Are Left DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom