• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'd only get Magicka if you have someone to play with.

Yeah been holding off since pretty much none of my friends/cousins have it or if they do they dont have the proper PC. Though one of my friends just got it hence why i'm considering it but he just plays LoL 90% of the time bleh nvm lol.

Anyway any thoughts on the others I'm considering?

LQX

Big thanks to cyberheater for the awesome trade.

Also if anyone is interested in Shogun 2 for $6 rather than Steams $7.50 PM me.

zlatko

Banned
I have 3 coal

Who wants them for Terraria, Limbo, AudioSurf, or CounterStrike: Source? Someone has to have one of those up for trade. Come ooon. :(

Echoes

My haul so far:

Bioshock 2
Trine 2
Universe Sandbox
Bulletstorm
Rochard
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Might and Magic Heroes VI - Deluxe
Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues DLC
Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road DLC
Fallout New Vegas: Courier's Stash
Fallout New Vegas: Gun Runners' Arsenal
Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts DLC
Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money
Dead Space 2
Dead Space
Fallout: New Vegas
Mafia II
Magic: The Gathering 2012 + Unlocks and Foils
Lara Croft GOL DLC: Things the Go Boom
Lara Croft GOL DLC: All the Trappings
Lara Croft GOL DLC: Hazardous Reunion
Lara Croft GOL
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
Prince of Persia
Solar 2
X3 Terran War - X3TC and X3AP Bundle
Sonic Generations
Beat Hazard Complete
Rock of Ages
King's Bounty: Crossworlds
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Batman: Arkham City
Overlord II
Alice Madness Returns
Civ V GOTY (WW)
Company of Heroes Complete Pack
Hard Reset (RoW)
Jamestown Gunpowder DLC
Frozen Synapse - Two Pack
Renegade Ops + DLC
Saints Row the Third - Season Pass
Saints Row the Third - Funtime Pack
Saints Row The Third
Terraria
Divinity II - Dragon Knight Saga
Sequence
Humble Indie Bundle 4 Extra Bonus
Torchlight
Mass Effect 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution Missing Link DLC
Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition
Defense Grid: The Awakening and DLC
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP + SoC
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW)
Costume Quest
Fable Franchise
Orcs Must Die! - Artifacts of Power DLC
Orcs Must Die!
Orcs Must Die! - Lost Adventures DLC
Metro 2033
Magicka - Four Pack and DLCs
Humble Indie Bundle 4 BTA
Limbo
Just Cause 2
Humble Indie Bundle 4
Dragon Age: Ultimate

Yeah...

That's not counting the tons of gifts I got for friends. Eventful Christmas!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
What are peoples thoughts on the Batman Arkham City DLC? I've noticed it's discounted again. Is it worth my moneys?

Man, I'm kicking myself for biting on the Origin deal a few weeks back. Now I have to buy the DLC from the Xbox store, which never has sales for PC content.

Does anyone have anything to trade me for 11 coal? Is it even worth trying to strike a bargain for coal at this point? Or should I try my luck at DOTA 2?

Garcia

Holy shit I can't believe all the stuff I've missed! I will definitely jump into the upcoming Holiday Sale 2012 as soon as it begins. These prices are just... DAMN.

biocat

Really tempted to get Galactic Civilizations II before the sale ends... It says I need a Stardock account to play the game. Bleh. So I have to run that account as well? I was hoping to rid my computer of that service.

iammeiam

dinner date is fucking garbage

what the fuck was the point of any of what i just witnessed

I bought it too and regretted it immediately on completion; I'm usually okay with games that are really barely-interactive-cutscenes, but that's usually because they have something to say. This did not. It played like a really, really boring Livejournal entry, and at the end
nothing fucking happened, just like a boring Livejournal entry.

I just got my last achievement and have 7 coal. Should I craft them?

Only if you really, really want 10% off all Valve titles.

Chavelo

84 coals acquired.

I don't think I have a chance of winning anything. Should I craft 12 times to see if I get something as nice as the Valve Complete Pack? :O

dinner date is fucking garbage

what the fuck was the point of any of what i just witnessed

Well people still seem to be into those garbage reality shows like Big Brother, I guess they thought they would take the same approach with gaming. Glad i didn't partake in that one.

Darryl

Banned
84 coals acquired.

I don't think I have a chance of winning anything. Should I craft 12 times to see if I get something as nice as the Valve Complete Pack? :O

craft half of them! you don't need to go all or nothing. i kept 30 coal to enter the contest tomorrow.

also, dinner date is a terrible joke and needs to be removed from that steam recommendation thread. it's an insult to good deals.

Aselith

FLOCK!
Arx Fatalis
Dark Void
Batman Arkham City: Robin Bundle DLC
Batman Arkham City: Nightwing Bundle DLC
Sanctum Holiday DLC
Sanctum Slums DLC
Sanctum Aftershock DLC
Sanctum Violator DLC
Sanctum Penetrator DLC
Sanctum Caverns DLC
Sanctum Killing Floor DLC
Sanctum Aftermath DLC
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Rochard
The Binding Of Isaac Soundtrack
Fallout New Vegas: Courier's Stash
DEHR Explosion Pack DLC
Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC
Fallout New Vegas: Gun Runners' Arsenal
Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road DLC
Men of War: Vietnam
The Binding Of Isaac
Two Worlds II
Space Pirates and Zombies(SPAZ)
Two Worlds 2 Castle Defense
Eversion
Age of Booty
Serious Sam 3 Standard
ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif and ArcaniA Gothic 4
Solar 2
Rock of Ages
A Game of Thrones
X: Beyond the Frontier
X2: The Threat
X-Tension
Hard Reset (RoW)
Wings of Prey
Railworks BonusScenario01 Cotswold Line
Railworks Billionaire-Benefactor
Railworks ThePortRoad
Railworks UK Buildings Model Pack
Railworks 2 - Keeping Up with the Diesels Scenario Add-On
Fate of the World
Batman Arkham City: Arkham City Skins Pack DLC
Batman Arkham City: Challenge Map Pack DLC
Railworks 3: TS2012
Saints Row the Third - Shark Attack Pack DLC
Skydrift
Alien Breed 3: Descent
Divinity II - Dragon Knight Saga

My list. Too many dollars. :(

wilflare

the end of the sales is drawing near.
just wanna say a BIG THANK YOU to the following people for gifts and simply for being wonderful (wishes and all that)

Xelios
xenoflux2113
Flunkie
MRORANGE
witchedwiz
Sinatar
Twinduct
Nelo Ice
Fl1pp13
corto
Jim-Jam Bongs
JimmyRickard
Junago
Chriswok
Em1
Aon

not forgetting once again, AusGAF
legend166
kritz
3chopl0x
remz
jambo
reptile
evlcookie
Rahk
fappenmeister

did the most unpacking/unboxing of gifts I ever did in my entire life :p

thank you!

KarmaCow

Well that's just great. Clash of Heroes literally runs at 4 fps on my laptop. I read the graphic card support wrong and I guess it doesn't support mobile graphic cards. God damn it.

I didn't get that many gifts from this sale this year but I do want to publically thank Neiteio for gifting me the fantastic game Bulletstorm. There were far many more games that I would have loved to buy but couldnt because of my shitty financial situation but that one gift has brought a lot of joy into my life. Thank you so much.

oipic

Despite the 'problems' late in the piece with a shortage of third-party give-aways and whatnot, I think it's fair to say we gamers have, on average at least, fared well from this Holiday Sale caper.

Through some purchases, gifts and trading, this is my lot:

-Amnesia: The Dark Descent
-Anomaly Warzone Earth
-Bastion
-Costume Quest
-Dungeon Defenders
-Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of the Diggle Gods
-Greed Corp
-Limbo
-Left 4 Dead
-Left 4 Dead 2
-Orange Box
-Portal 2
-Psychonauts
-Puzzle Agent
-Space Pirates and Zombies
-Supreme Commander 2
-Terraria
-Total War Shogun 2

(plus MaritalWheat kindly gifted me a copy of The Ship!)

All for ~$22, which isn't too shabby.

My only disappointment is not getting my hands on a DOTA2 invite, but c'est la vie.
first world problems

The big win, however, was the incentive to dig into the backlog to obtain achievements - I discovered some gaming gems I really never knew I had, and most importantly, enjoyed playing them.

Neiteio

I didn't get that many gifts from this sale this year but I do want to publically thank Neiteio for gifting me the fantastic game Bulletstorm. There were far many more games that I would have loved to buy but couldnt because of my shitty financial situation but that one gift has brought a lot of joy into my life. Thank you so much.
Aw, thanks man. Warms me to the core to know it helped make the holidays brighter. :)

Jasoco

Banned
Just bought Portal 2.

Now I just need a bigger SSD. I hope Apple lets me pay them money to upgrade my MacBook Air's SSD. It's literally the only replaceable piece in the whole computer.

Kuwa

This is a long shot, but is anyone US/UK able to help me defeat the regional pricing boss so I can buy Skyrim? It's $60.29 here in New Zealand, whereas other stores are cheaper. I can paypal the amount, I think?
Would be pretty rad.

wilflare

This is a long shot, but is anyone US/UK able to help me defeat the regional pricing boss so I can buy Skyrim? It's $60.29 here in New Zealand, whereas other stores are cheaper. I can paypal the amount, I think?
Would be pretty rad.

PMed you :D

gabbo

In much the same light as AzureNightmare's comments a few posts up, I'd like to thank a few gaf members for their generosity this holiday sale: Toma, KarmaCow and .:Wesker:. I really appreciate the gesture guys, thank you.

cicero

Unfortunate that I couldn't even use one of my crap coupons to buy someone Portal 2 as a gift even though the coupons list today as being their activation date. Might have lessened my annoyance at having only gotten coupons and coal for 30 achievements and all my pointless crafting.

Eusis

No. It says until new deals, but it is just until the end of the sale.
I dunno, it could lead to a midweek madness and standard daily deal! Though that still means the holiday deals are done for.

EDIT: No wait, just a daily. Midweek madness tends to start on Tuesday, though there was that one exception.

I spent way more money than I should have but ultimately I'm happy I did. I have enough games to keep me occupied until the summer sale now.

Here's what I got:
The Binding Of Isaac
Far Cry
GTA III
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
Hard Reset
Hitman 2
Hitman Blood Money
Hitman Codename 47
Jamestown (ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.)
Machinarium
PoP Sands of Time
PoP Two Thrones
PoP Warrior Within
Psychonauts
Quake and Mission Packs
Quake 2/Ground Zero/Reckoning
Quake 3 Arena/TA
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Jedi Knight 2
Trine
Unreal Tournament: GOTY Edition

I was really hoping to get more but I need to be careful with my money with school. Think I spent around $40 total.

Dinosur

I have 21 coal. Please stop me from drunk crafting them for DOTA2 beta. I already have every other Valve coupon you can get and most of their game ones too.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I dunno, it could lead to a midweek madness and standard daily deal! Though that still means the holiday deals are done for.

EDIT: No wait, just a daily. Midweek madness tends to start on Tuesday, though there was that one exception.

Now introducing Earlyweek Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom