• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

bleh wanted clash of heroes, but I got distracted this morning and came back, and it was 10 dollars. gotta wait for a daily deal now.

Shaneus

Anyone willing to help an Australian out with L.A. Noir at US prices? I know there are a few people who usually do, I'm just not sure if they're still around or not :)

cicero

bleh wanted clash of heroes, but I got distracted this morning and came back, and it was 10 dollars. gotta wait for a daily deal now.

I went to eat and barely got back with five minutes left, stuck it in my cart, went back for the DLC with over a minute left, and suddenly the price was back up to $10.

oh well..

1-D_FTW

Just bought

Magicka: The Stars are left
Magicka: Horror props pack
Magicka: Party Robes
GRID
Sacred Gold (2.50 better than that 50% $5 daily deal)
Dreamfall+The Longest Journey Pack
Devil May Cry 4

Another $25 :(

Did you open Race 07? That's a hardcore racing sim with limited appeal. I'd trade you Recettear: Shopkeeper's Tale for it.

Edit: see that you bought Grid. So I guess you do like racing games. Nevermind.

filipe

Oh wow, I thought I spent well over $50 this sale, but with the Humble Bundle I only spent $30, give or take a few cents. Might end up just buying both games, thanks guys!

Any thoughts on Dungeon Defenders? About to try the demo.

Really fun. Singleplayer is pretty good, but if you can get a group of friends together it is awesome. Me and three friends all started playing it, and we stayed up until 4:00 AM last night getting the Christmas achievement (which was bloody hard). Great stuff.

x3sphere

My haul:

Assassin's Creed Bro
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link.
EDGE
Mafia.
Bulletstorm
Sonic Generations
Dead Island (bought from eBay)

Around $40 USD in total

Definitely spent a lot less this Steam sale, in previous years I racked up around $300. I already owned a lot of the daily deals, and some of the discounts weren't steep enough for me to bite. Would've went for LA Noire if it was $5, or AC Rev if it was 50% off.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
I need some help. A friend and I bought Civ 3 today but we can't figure out how to play together. What are the steps to hosting a game. We are in the lobby, but can't see each others games when we try to host. We are both idiots. Sorry if this is to off topic.

Card Boy

Banned
This is one of the most generous gaffers on Gaf next to Xelios. Dude gifted me Skyrim without asking for anything in return.

Dude has spent 1000 bucks on gifts. He also gifted me Dead Space 2.

ddjWd.png

Please if anyone has a DOTA2 invite or anything please spend it via Arken2121's way.

This is one of the most generous gaffers on Gaf next to Xelios. Dude gifted me Skyrim without asking for anything in return.

ddjWd.png

Please if anyone has a DOTA2 invite or anything please spend it via Arken2121's way.

Dear lord.

Quickly everyone, we need to mug him!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This is what I got

Jan 1, 2012 $4.99 Gundemonium Bundle

Dec 30, 2011 $2.71 Edge

Dec 26, 2011 $9.99 X-SuperBox

Dec 26, 2011 $4.98 Anomaly: Warzone Earth, Rock of Ages

Dec 20, 2011 $5.74 Winter Sale 2011: Double Fine Pack

Dec 20, 2011 $1.87 Dungeons of Dredmor Pack with Realm of the Diggle Gods

Dec 19, 2011 $2.49 Fable The Lost Chapters

Also, $7.50 for Payday.

So $40.27. Not bad. Also traded for Blur, got Dwarfs and Alien Breed 3, and have good bit of trading fodder that may be useful later.

LQX

ddjWd.png

Damn, I need to put Arken on my friend list. Congrats.

ddjWd.png

Awesome.

On another note, I guess it's now pointless to be crafting coal?

Kammie

Thanks to Spruchy and risingson for helping out with games not available in my region. :)

Shall decide upon some final purchases now. I don't need anything more at all, but I can't help it, I'm not strong enough to resist.

MNC

Kind of hoping the coupon would work here since it's January 2nd over here already. But nope; probably syncronizes to Steam. I'm hoping for a small overlap where the sales are still in effect, and we can also use the coupons :D

Card Boy

Banned
As long as someone sends him a DOTA2 invite i'm happy. I've being trying to find a second one for ages.

Legend is a Firefighter.

EDIT: Holy shit! /bow /bow /bow

enTeU.png

Des0lar

will learn eventually
As long as someone sends him a DOTA2 invite i'm happy. I've being trying to find a second one for ages.

Legend is a Firefighter.

enTeU.png

Shouldn't have posted this here lol
Now he will get thousand friend invites of people hoping they will get something for free ^^

Card Boy

Banned
Shouldn't have posted this here lol
Now he will get thousand friend invites of people hoping they will get something for free ^^

Now that you posted this i realized i shouldn't of posted that :(

I hope people don't beg him for gifts. I just wanted people to be aware of this guys generoisty.

masterkajo

Legend is a Firefighter.

enTeU.png

Wow... generous fella indeed. Been trying to get my hands on a Dota 2 invite for quite some time now. If I had a spare, I would gladly give it to him :)

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
I have a free copy of Day of Defeat: Source awaiting the first person to give me the square root of 4.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Thanks to everyone on the Steam Holiday Sale. Especially to the guys that gifted me US games. Thanks for your efforts.

I've really enjoyed this thread. Folks gifting, trading and helping each other out. Definitely the best thread on Gaf. It's good to know that there are real and genuine folk here who are willing to help complete strangers out. I thank you. Anything I can do in return. Just let me know.

Have a great new year.

Articalys

Something I've asked a few times before but still don't know the answer: can I buy a game's soundtrack off Steam even if I don't have the game?

Popstar

Something I've asked a few times before but still don't know the answer: can I buy a game's soundtrack off Steam even if I don't have the game?

All the soundtracks i've seen on Steam act like DLC. You need the base game. Just search for "soundtrack" and check out some of the results.

Picked up Serious Sam Double D. It's pretty cool. Developers did a good job of taking the gameplay and humor from the first person shooters and translating it to 2d. For $2, you can't go wrong. If you're a fan of the series and you like 2d platformers, this is a must purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom