• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Banned
How long to new deals?

Anybody else feeling this year may disappoint.....cause you own most good games on Steam already?

Do you guys see Skyrim going for less than 54 U.S. and is the retail version Steamworks?

Also you guys own me an opinion of Death Island. What's a most get price and how fun is it compared to say Left 4 Dead. :)

Do you have a controller you can hook up to your computer? Will you be co oping with a friend? If the answer to either of those is no, I wouldn't get it if I were you. If yes to both, prepare to have a freaking blast. Oh and its not really like l4d at all.

Chronoja

I know nobody cares but finally got the 3 kings poker night achievement after getting jipped on the 4 of a kind. Full house Kings and 2's F' yeah. Thank god that patch applied this time

TGMIII

So is Coal showing up now for everybody? I've got 2 achievements and only 1 coupon in my inventory.

Inventory is broken right now, works for some people but doesn't for others. Apparently loading up TF2 or Spiral Knights and viewing your inventory from in-game fixes the problem but some people still have issues after this. Valve know there's an issue and they're working on it.

Prophane33

So is Coal showing up now for everybody? I've got 2 achievements and only 1 coupon in my inventory.

It did after I downloaded spiral knights and played it for a couple minutes, checked in my inventory too. After I exited the game, a spiral knights tab was added to my inventory, and under the steam tab I had a peice of coal in addition to my already existing 25% off valve voucher.

All retail versions of Skyrim are steamworks.

I found dead island to be amazingly boring, it's not really comparable to L4D other than the fact that it has zombies in it and you kill them.
Thanks for the answer awwyeahgurrl, any expectations of it's price in a potential deal of the day?
You've been massively miss-sold if you bought Dead Island on the recommendation that its like Left 4 Dead..
Haha, i more or less know what im asking Mat. That's why i asked about how "fun" is it, and not something like if its better. So is Dead Island it a fun multiplayer experience, what do you guys would say its the compulsive purchase price?

Edit: Did not see this at the time of reply:
Do you have a controller you can hook up to your computer? Will you be co oping with a friend? If the answer to either of those is no, I wouldn't get it if I were you. If yes to both, prepare to have a freaking blast. Oh and its not really like l4d at all.
Thanks Steve, by controller you mean a 360 one. Correct? Don't have any usual friends but im guesssing the comunity for the game is big enough. Have the issues been ironed out already?

DSmalls84

Thanks for the answer awwyeahgurrl, any expectations of it's price in a potential deal of the day?

Haha, i more or less know what im asking Mat. That's why i asked about how "fun" is it, and not something like if its better. So is Dead Island it a fun multiplayer experience, what do you guys would say its the compulsive purchase price?

$15 or less.

Sanic

Inventory finally updated for me. All the anticipation as to what my final item would be, and... it was a piece of coal.

Bumhead

Banned
Where did I say I did? I said it was boring and not comparable to L4D. Unless you didn't mean to reply to me.

I'm curious as to why you'd point out two things aren't compareable unless you expected there to be some comparison there anyway.

Seems a bit irrelevant to me. Modern Warfare 3 and Super Meat Boy aren't compareable so id never really mention them in the same post.

EDIT: Oh, hang on, didn't notice you were quoting somebody else regarding Dead Island/L4D. Sorry, my fault.

Kabouter

"Skinhead.NeoNazi-14/88 [FR] is nearby, press j to join"
No Dead Island, I don't think I will.

Certainly an interesting game so far though. It hasn't changed my mind about zombies being terrible enemies in video games, but there's loot and upgrades and skills and everything. It's like a Bethesda game, but on a tropical island. I suppose a Battle Royale type game with similar gameplay would probably be a bit too controversial huh? :p

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Oh Steam, you so stupid. Now that you finally let me view my inventory you won't let me unpack any gifts. I am disappoint.

"Skinhead.NeoNazi-14/88 [FR] is nearby, press j to join"
No Dead Island, I don't think I will.

Certainly an interesting game so far though. It hasn't changed my mind about zombies being terrible enemies in video games, but there's loot and upgrades and skills and everything. It's like a Bethesda game, but on a tropical island. I suppose a Battle Royale type game with similar gameplay would probably be a bit too controversial huh? :p

It's like 10 times more fun with analogue controls on a controller.

anyone up for setting up a Dino D-Day server to get the achievement?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/snoopeasystreet
I'll join you if I can. There seems to be a problem and we Europeans can only see US-based servers, or so I've read on SPUF.

I didn't get the AaaaaAAAaaaAA DLC thing ? I can't acess this... Whatever this is...
It's only available for 'For the Awesome' owners, do you only have the base game? If that's the case, I know that feel, bro :(

TGMIII

I'm curious as to why you'd point out two things aren't compareable unless you expected there to be some comparison there anyway.

Seems a bit irrelevant to me. Modern Warfare 3 and Super Meat Boy aren't compareable so id never really mention them in the same post.

EDIT: Oh, hang on, didn't notice you were quoting somebody else regarding Dead Island/L4D. Sorry, my fault.

EDIT: I'm glad you can read posts.

thefro

your pretty much screwed if you got a Valve voucher:

Newkt.png

The coupon actually says it's only for games released before the coupon dates.

So if Half Life 3 did release in February somehow, it wouldn't be eligible for 50% off.

TheExodu5

Banned
Trading coupons now is useless. They're not good until January 2nd, and there's a good chance you'll be able to get the games cheaper during the sale now than after January 2nd.

Keep the coupons for possibly daily or weekend deals from January-March. If a game you have a coupon for goes on sale at that point, then the coupon will be valuable.

I'll join you if I can. There seems to be a problem and we Europeans can only see US-based servers, or so I've read on SPUF.

It's only available for 'For the Awesome' owners, do you only have the base game? If that's the case, I know that feel, bro :(

I have only bought For the Awesome since it is the only one avaible on Mac.

Having problem with the Jamestown achievements too...

Guess it's time to buy Amnesia.

Portal 2 @ $7.49 and Metro 2033/Just Cause 2/Amnesia @ $4.99 are the standouts here. Too bad I already have all of them except Amnesia.

upandaway

I did the Orcs Must Die thing and got a Shattered Horizon 50% off coupon. Eh, never using that. Would rather have had coal.

So aside from the Valve coupon I got: Aliens vs Predator and the SH coupon.

ChesterCharm

Neo Member
got a couple of games i need to trade off/sell from last years sales...

super meat boy
madballs in babo invasion
sol survivor
terraria
osmos
flight control
laura croft: gaurdian of light

Petrie

Banned
So are inventories still borked for everyone this morning? I still only have my one coupon when I should have 4 prizes.

I did the Orcs Must Die thing and got a Shattered Horizon 50% off coupon. Eh, never using that. Would rather have had coal.

So aside from the Valve coupon I got: Aliens vs Predator and the SH coupon.

Shattered Horizon and Bad Company 2 Vietnam are my two worst gaming purchases. SH was really good and original too but the maps needed to be more goal oriented and the games player base fell off very quickly.

BioHazard

About the bugged Bunch of Heroes objective:

Sorry guys, true story! a pipe broke in our office yesterday and we lost a day trying to save some computers that got wet. Sadly we where not given a heads up about when the offer would go live so we where even more off guard.

we apologize for any issues you may have with the holiday achievement. We are hard at work to fix this bug asap.

BR,

-Chilko
NGD Studios

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So are inventories still borked for everyone this morning? I still only have my one coupon when I should have 4 prizes.

Do this:

Just open up Tf2, Portal 2, or Spiral knights.

Mods should really consider putting that in the title. No one is reading for the fix.

Worked for me, it seems, though it took some time for my inventory to come back to life after I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom