• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

The Beat Hazard achievement really sucks right now. Should have done this when the stations were glitching with silence. As it is I'm getting a bunch of garbage songs that have 5 seconds of rock that fill my screen with tons of garbage, and then after it's been spawned, go into nauseating down tempo that completely strips me of firepower and makes me a sitting target.

Died 3 games in a row without even hitting 5 minutes:( I've played this game quite a bit and without question the worst spawns I've ever seen.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've unwrapped nothing but coal and a -33% Valve coupon.

foreverpoweringasteamtrain.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Purchase updates:

Flock! is... well, it doesn't seem too bad. It had some stupidass activation system and the game menus are kind of dumb. Has 360 controller support. It's not so bad so far, but herding things is kind of an indirect control method and I've never really liked games where I don't feel in control. I like the visual style. Eh.

Westward IV is badass. It's like a town-building/resource-gathering RTS set in the old west with an emphasis on construction and efficiency and town management rather than combat. It's low budget and super ugly but way fun. Highly, highly recommended!

TGMIII

About the bugged Bunch of Heroes objective:

Sounds like bullshit really, how do you not know when something you agreed to do goes live. If you look at their own forums it's just full of spam bots. It just looks like they don't give a shit and now they look bad.

Derrick01

Banned
So are inventories still borked for everyone this morning? I still only have my one coupon when I should have 4 prizes.

My inventory shows up but yesterday when I first clicked the pop up for the first gift it took me back to the main steam page but without the sales, so I think it glitched out on me and that's why I only have 2 gifts instead of 3.

I'm about to try the portal 2/TF2 fix when it finishes downloading.

The Beat Hazard achievement really sucks right now. Should have done this when the stations were glitching with silence. As it is I'm getting a bunch of garbage songs that have 5 seconds of rock that fill my screen with tons of garbage, and then after it's been spawned, go into nauseating down tempo that completely strips me of firepower and makes me a sitting target.

Died 3 games in a row without even hitting 5 minutes:( I've played this game quite a bit and without question the worst spawns I've ever seen.
Yeah, it was a bit more difficult than I remembered BH to be until I realized that they implemented perks since the last time I played the game. They made a lot of difference.

Petrie

Banned
Sounds like bullshit really, how do you not know when something you agreed to do goes live. If you look at their own forums it's just full of spam bots. It just looks like they don't give a shit and now they look bad.

We've heard of this before though haven't we? Valve doesn't seem to tell smaller pubs when they will be a deal during these sales.

ShaneB

Purchase updates:

Flock! is... well, it doesn't seem too bad. It had some stupidass activation system and the game menus are kind of dumb. Has 360 controller support. It's not so bad so far, but herding things is kind of an indirect control method and I've never really liked games where I don't feel in control. I like the visual style. Eh.

Westward IV is badass. It's like a town-building/resource-gathering RTS set in the old west with an emphasis on construction and efficiency and town management rather than combat. It's low budget and super ugly but way fun. Highly, highly recommended!

Always appreciate your "reviews", and Westward 4 sounds like something I'd absolutely enjoy despite what else I've heard people say about them, I'll pick it up!

Purchase updates:

Sold me on westward.

upandaway

Oh yeah you can trade stuff.

I can give my Shattered Horizon 50% coupon whatever if anyone wants it, doubt anyone would want to trade anything for it so just take it away from me (if you wanna trade I'd appreciate it though)

Kabouter

Man, I tried Flight Control HD for the first time, which someone had gifted me a few sales ago. I hate games that confirm just how terrible I am at video games :(. Damn you developers and your inclusion of leaderboards! I could see it being enjoyable to others though.

Also tried EDGE, which is pretty fun, if very challenging. I can't quite work out the controls though. Playing with a 360 pad, how do I stay on the edge to ride along with a moving platform? I can't seem to consistently do that.

Man, I tried Flight Control HD for the first time, which someone had gifted me a few sales ago. I hate games that confirm just how terrible I am at video games :(. Damn you developers and your inclusion of leaderboards!

I have a much easier time with that game on a touchscreen.

TGMIII

We've heard of this before though haven't we? Valve doesn't seem to tell smaller pubs when they will be a deal during these sales.

If that's true then fair enough, I'm just a bit pissy I tried the achievement 3 times to not have it unlock.

MRORANGE

what is going on :|

ucgs1.png

syllogism

(c) Alternate Entry. To manually enter for both Objectives prizes and the Epic Holiday Giveaway, each eligible entrant must print his or her name, address, city, state, country, postal code, email address, Steam account name, and telephone number, as well as the name of the Objective that the entry is for, on a self-addressed 4”x6” note card and mail the completed form to: Valve Corporation, P.O. Box 1688, Bellevue, WA 98009-1688. Note cards may be mailed as postcards or in envelopes. No e-mailed or faxed alternate entries are eligible. Facsimiles, photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entries will be void. An alternate entry must be postmarked during the Holiday Sale Period to be eligible. Each alternate entry must be postmarked during the Holiday Sales Period and no earlier than the date on which the applicable Objective was revealed. Alternate entries received after January 9, 2012 will not be eligible. Each user may submit one alternate entry per Objective. Proof of sending or submitting an alternate entry is not proof of receipt of such alternate entry. Coal received as a result of the alternate entry process cannot be redeemed as a Gift since the drawing is after the end of the Holiday Sale Period, and such Coal will only be treated as entries to the Sweepstakes.
Mmm

TGMIII

Man, I tried Flight Control HD for the first time, which someone had gifted me a few sales ago. I hate games that confirm just how terrible I am at video games :(. Damn you developers and your inclusion of leaderboards! I could see it being enjoyable to others though.

Also tried EDGE, which is pretty fun, if very challenging. I can't quite work out the controls though. Playing with a 360 pad, how do I stay on the edge to ride along with a moving platform? I can't seem to consistently do that.

If you hold a direction towards the block you'll start to climb it, once you started just tap the key and you'll start to hover. Takes a bit of getting used to.

LegoArmo

I still only have 1 gift, I'm going to cry!

(No I'm not. Can't wait for the next round of dailies to give Valve more of my money)

Fularu

Banned
So does the fact I'm on vacation in France while having a canadian account and CC prevent me from buying my games? Because it keeps giving me the same error and not accepting my payment :(

Sales ends up in less than two hours and I can't get the support staff to answer me.. sigh...

Nabs

You can force the glitch by downloading TCPView from Microsoft. Start the Christmas station and then close the connection to the bottom 2 Beat Hazard entries.

Darkhadou

Neo Member
For those wondering how to check your intevntory in Spiral Knights- just press I. It's called your "arsenal".

What I did:
  1. load up Spiral Knights (in fullscreen).
  2. Press I to view my arsenal and expanded each tree.
  3. When done, log out/ close the game (don't minimise).
  4. Refresh your Steam inventory.

Volcynika

So does the fact I'm on vacation in France while having a canadian account and CC prevent me from buying my games? Because it keeps giving me the same error and not accepting my payment :(

Sales ends up in less than two hours and I can't get the support staff to answer me.. sigh...

They have to flag your account to allow international purchases or whatever. It's 8:15 AM there now, but you might want to see if someone can get the games you want and you pay them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom